Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

My brother took full advantage of the 4 for 3

View attachment 9262867
hungry groceries GIF by VH1

I gave the Chrome Tour another go today. I committed to using it the whole round rather than last time when I was rotating three different balls and switching every 3 holes.

I liked it better than time around. The biggest thing to adjust to was that it's longer off irons than the Q-Star Tour I played all of last year. Or possibly it's just better in the wind. #3 at Cedar Creek is a long par that that was playing into a 15 mph wind. I hit the club I thought would be the number to get to the back. I posed , staring it down and it flew the green.

I flew the green on the next hole as well.

I typically play to the back center of the green. I had to adjust to play the center yardage.

I'll definitely keep in it in play the next few rounds.

I gave the Chrome Tour another go today. I committed to using it the whole round rather than last time when I was rotating three different balls and switching every 3 holes.

I liked it better than time around. The biggest thing to adjust to was that it's longer off irons than the Q-Star Tour I played all of last year. Or possibly it's just better in the wind. #3 at Cedar Creek is a long par that that was playing into a 15 mph wind. I hit the club I thought would be the number to get to the back. I posed , staring it down and it flew the green.

I typically play to the back center of the green. I had to adjust to play the center yardage.

This was my original approach too, switching between CT, CSX and CSXLS. But by doing that, I never really could compare results because my swing was so inconsistent. I’m going to stick with the CT for now and retire my CSX which is fine by me since they are the Grandaddy ball from last year

CT is a better ball for me. It spins less off the tee but still enough to where I need to stay focused on making a good swing. Feels closer to CSX. Really good green side spin and the cover is more durable than CS in the past. Distance wise the CT is just about as long for me as the CSX was
It’s crazy how we all get the same results from a different ball. I prefer the CTX over the CT. I felt it played closer to the CSX and I think it might spin a touch off the tee but nothing crazy. I felt the CT just wasn’t “lively” enough for me and prefer the CTX off the putter better.

It’s crazy how we all get the same results from a different ball. I prefer the CTX over the CT. I felt it played closer to the CSX and I think it might spin a touch off the tee but nothing crazy. I felt the CT just wasn’t “lively” enough for me and prefer the CTX off the putter better.
I haven’t tried the CTX yet but spin off the driver isn’t something I need right now lol my entire setup is anti spin 😂

Yeah I think if I had to give some advice for someone trying the lineup, it be to not club up into the wind like you'd normally think. Try your normal shot, or maybe even flighted, for that yardage and you'll be very surprised.

I tried the CTX for a few holes yesterday. Sounds a little louder / more clicky off the putter. Definitely more spin off driver. I like the CT better for those reasons.

I tried the CTX for a few holes yesterday. Sounds a little louder / more clicky off the putter. Definitely more spin off driver. I like the CT better for those reasons.
Same for me. I definitely can’t get the club moving fast enough to play the CTX. Plus I found it harder to control distance off the putter.

Played 9 holes with the Tour and was pretty impressed. Seemed to launch higher then what I currently play and felt pretty good to

At the Sugar Skull Golf event in AZ and look at this.

IMG_0457.jpeg

I was so happy to see the USA TruTrack on the CT/CTX. Really happy. Order has been placed.
Image.jpg

Yeah I think if I had to give some advice for someone trying the lineup, it be to not club up into the wind like you'd normally think. Try your normal shot, or maybe even flighted, for that yardage and you'll be very surprised.

Spot on. I always thought when they said a ball was good in the wind that it meant it would minimize the impact of spin on shots into the wind.

But if a ball can help you take a less club into a hole, that's significant.

Spot on. I always thought when they said a ball was good in the wind that it meant it would minimize the impact of spin on shots into the wind.

But if a ball can help you take a less club into a hole, that's significant.

I have only played 9 holes. But was on a windy day. I would hit a shot, they flew higher so I thought they were ballooning on me, but when it landed I was pleasantly surprised at the carry they had

Played 18 with this ball today the Chrome Tour, I was highly impressed with it and will be ordering more very soon. These balls are perfect for my type of play and I should have been playing them last week when I was out with some guys from THP. I played a few different balls depending on hazard but I would choose a lesser ball to get into the hazards.

However, after playing today with the Chrome Tour I will be staying with that ball except to test out the Bridgestone thats on the way.

I have been trying the tour X recently, very impressed coming from Pro V1 and will continue to put these in play and become more familiar with them. Really like the spin around the greens as well as the sound/feel. Durability seems to be pretty good as well, maybe even better than Pro V1.

My brother took full advantage of the 4 for 3

View attachment 9262867

Not quite there....but one round after looking at my stats, I think the CT will be my ball. I only lost one ball from the test sleeve on Friday. So I still have the 2 dozen from the WWGC. And I'll use the gift card for another. And take advantage of the 4 for 3. But that leaves me 7 and I like things symmetrical....so 8 total should be good for the rest of the year and beyond....

Played 18 with this ball today the Chrome Tour, I was highly impressed with it and will be ordering more very soon. These balls are perfect for my type of play and I should have been playing them last week when I was out with some guys from THP. I played a few different balls depending on hazard but I would choose a lesser ball to get into the hazards.

However, after playing today with the Chrome Tour I will be staying with that ball except to test out the Bridgestone thats on the way.
What stood out to you?

What stood out to you?
Ball flight even in windy conditions for me on the last 18 it went straight. I so tend to hit dingers and this ball tend to fly mid-height for me. Ease of seeing the ball with the color combo out on the fairway/in the rough. Its a touch of firm like harder then a supersoft but not as hard as say a prov1 or a harder compression ball so in the middle. Thats the main things but I can keep on if you want.

Bringing some USA TruTrack Chrome Tours to Ballyhack

Ball flight even in windy conditions for me on the last 18 it went straight. I so tend to hit dingers and this ball tend to fly mid-height for me. Ease of seeing the ball with the color combo out on the fairway/in the rough. Its a touch of firm like harder then a supersoft but not as hard as say a prov1 or a harder compression ball so in the middle. Thats the main things but I can keep on if you want.
It’s been great in the wind for me as well. Glad you are liking it. I played the Chrome Soft XLS and the Chrome Tour feels softer for sure.

Back