Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

I was getting good distance today with CS. I might try CT when I play Monday afternoon.

I had a couple of fades that might have faded too much with CT? At this point, I might just be making things up in my head, though 😳

For my slower swing speed (95 mph driver), these balls play similar for me. Just both are really good. I had a few approach shots that I think may have held better with CT today.
From one to another, 95 isn’t slower 😉

Thanks for the feedback

Okay did a little testing this evening of a post by @Scooby45 regarding those of us who have played the CS & CT. For those that know my game I feel I am a slower swing speed golfer and over the years have seen my distance drastically decrease. The testing was 5 shots each with Driver, 7i, and a 58* wedge using my GC3 and the results are below.

So what ball would you be gaming?

Driver: Ai Smoke Max 9* with UST Mamiya LinQ M40x Blue

View attachment 9262469

View attachment 9262470

Apex Pro 7i w/ MMT shafts

View attachment 9262471

View attachment 9262472

Jaws Raw 58* w/ Spinner Shaft

View attachment 9262473

View attachment 9262474
Spinnier on the driver....Thats interesting

Okay did a little testing this evening of a post by @Scooby45 regarding those of us who have played the CS & CT. For those that know my game I feel I am a slower swing speed golfer and over the years have seen my distance drastically decrease. The testing was 5 shots each with Driver, 7i, and a 58* wedge using my GC3 and the results are below.

So what ball would you be gaming?

Driver: Ai Smoke Max 9* with UST Mamiya LinQ M40x Blue

View attachment 9262469

View attachment 9262470

Apex Pro 7i w/ MMT shafts

View attachment 9262471

View attachment 9262472

Jaws Raw 58* w/ Spinner Shaft

View attachment 9262473

View attachment 9262474
Interesting drop in spin rates with the CT particularly in 7i...wonder how CTX would get on for you. Not un-playable spin by any means

Interesting drop in spin rates with the CT particularly in 7i...wonder how CTX would get on for you. Not un-playable spin by any means
I think I’m going to rerun the testing and include the CTX in for the full picture. I am looking for the numbers I jotted down when I did it previously, but can’t find them.

Spinnier on the driver....Thats interesting
Not really when CT has one shot with spin over 3000 rpm versus 2 for CS. CT’s highest spin was 3274 rpm against CS at 3549 and 3800 rpm.

Running low on my CT TruTrack so played something else for a few holes. Kinda liked the simplicity of not having the TruTrack putting. Got selected to test something else so I will get a chance to see how much I miss or don't miss the TruTrack

Picked up a dozen Chrome Tours while i was in Arizona. Really liked how they played and felt. I need to get some stats with them on a sim or launch monitor for comparison. Gonna have to try each model for science.

Not really when CT has one shot with spin over 3000 rpm versus 2 for CS. CT’s highest spin was 3274 rpm against CS at 3549 and 3800 rpm.
Yeah the CS is supposedly the lowest spinning option off the tee. Interesting to see it spinning more.

bought some Chrome Tours with a giftcard I got, will compare them to the Chrome Softs ive been using.

CT was in play for league tonight. Love the feel of this ball first and foremost. I chipped really well with it tonight at a course I'm very familiar with and for me that is huge. Confidence continues to grow the more I use it

Kinda want to try something with the Tru Track.

What are folks thought about CS v. CT?
CT is a better ball for me. It spins less off the tee but still enough to where I need to stay focused on making a good swing. Feels closer to CSX. Really good green side spin and the cover is more durable than CS in the past. Distance wise the CT is just about as long for me as the CSX was

The greens at my league course finally got a little firm.
I need to get through my current golf balls so I can start using CTX that I used in picking my new irons.
I held 1 green last night & that was when I switched to a B'stone BX from last year.
The CS LS ball is not cutting it anymore.
Though the CT versions with all the fun pictures on them seem like a lot of fun.

Played the Chrome Tour today. Sunny with some breeze and the ball held its lines well. I was also able to hit a right to left bender around some trees to get to short pitch range on a shorter par 5.

It’s early in the season yet and I’m still hit and miss with ball striking but the CT has given me some results that I didn’t really deserve.

The Chrome Tour was partially responsible for one of my all time career birdies today. I hit an awful tee shot on our 13th. Potentially in the hazard right. Nope, it was just left of the cart path, on bare hardpan, about 170 out, downhill to a tight short pin. Big tree on the corner of the dogleg partially blocking my view of the pin.

I picked my Zx5mkII 5-iron, put the ball back in my stance with the face open about 30*, and hit a beautiful punch cut that bent around the tree and finished in the fringe behind the pin about 10 feet away. Rolled in the putt from the collar.

Don’t think I could have pulled that shot off with another ball.

Total personal preference here, but having played all 3 I think I prefer the style of yellow version of the Pro V1 and Bridgestone Tour series a little more than the yellow versions of the Chrome Tours

My brother took full advantage of the 4 for 3

IMG_1726.jpeg

Back