LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

Mike says “unfortuitous”View attachment 9262049
30 Rock GIF

Bomb it left. Just for fun.
Right is the answer. Every time. I love the hole but I kinda understand the people who hate it because you could remove the entire left half of the hole and it will be the same exact golf hole for just about everyone.

I've got a 1/2 day to wander around DC before flying home...I know which hat I'm wearing. I miss Ballyhack and the great THPers that were there already. View attachment 9262309
Branded bills hats are on a different level. This is clean

Morning THP! Back to the work grind and post event blues. Going to start catching up on the thread and responding. Man what a fun few days!IMG_9128.jpeg

Catching up on the last pages. Well played all! Looking forward to final break downs and some wedge insights gained.

Great course with some rollercoasters for greens! Looked like a great course to test out new wedges!

I didn’t mind 14 so much. Of course there’s less pressure playing a shamble. If I had to play my own ball I might think differently.

11, as mama would say, is the debil. The third set of trees on the top hill right were in play. At least I didn’t go left? 😂😂
I played 14 three times...quad, birdie, quad :ROFLMAO: It's fine if you're in play off the tee but there are a LOT of places to not be in play lol

And yes I had a similar experience on 11. I didn't go left either...and it didn't help me much!

Finally caught up as I was unable to follow along live yesterday due to work and home stuff. Amazing few days with the Vokey crew, thanks for taking us all along! I can't wait to read everyone's continuing reviews in the Vokey thread. Short game clinic sounds like it may have opened up some minds and could be a game changer for the guys!

Ballyhack looked AMAZING as always. I miss that damn place.

And THP killed it as always, food looked incredible and you guys really got some great weather. Great follow! (though sadly a late catch-up follow for me)

Did I miss anyone reply to the durability of the balls with the new wedge grooves? How did they hold up?

Did I miss anyone reply to the durability of the balls with the new wedge grooves? How did they hold up?
I used one ball each day for golf (the second ball being used for both the goat track and most of an 18) and could easily keep playing it. Ball had very little cover shifting and color was perfect still.

When the vokey guys get there and you start your chats and tech talk. Find out if the low bounce K can become a retail opti
Only available through Wedgeworks. I specifically asked Aaron and John and they said there just isn't enough demand to justify it at retail. They also said they're always looking at stuff though. Sounds like Aaron Dill likes where they are with the retail options currently.

Goat track is such a great idea for a course like this. Kinda surprised it hasn’t been copied at some other properties.
There was alot of talk about why more places don't do this. I think it would have to be mostly private courses. Most public courses near me have enough rounds to keep their tee time sheets pretty full. Pace of play is so different on that type of thing too, you couldn't just put a goat trak round in the midst of regular rounds.

I never noticed any scuffing of a Pro V1 with the wedges either. They seem to have the balance right between groove spin and ball cover durability.

I got back home last night about 1:00 a.m. @Canadan’s statement is perfect. THP experience hangover is real.

My phone went on the fritz late in the afternoon on Monday and it was freezing up repeatedly, which made it almost impossible to take pics during the rounds. That was disappointing.

This was an amazing experience. I will post some thoughts later on regarding takeaways that resonated with me regarding wedges that came from the experts.

As always, it was great to meet some new THPers. There are so many great guys on the forum.

Life got lifey the last couple of days and I wasn’t able to keep on day 2.

Look forward to getting back through it. Looks like you all had a phenomenal experience- the pictures were fantastic. Thanks for taking is along!

Back