EXPERIENCE The 2024 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Which would have you more excited if you got into the Grandaddy?

Seeing the big Callaway sign at ECPC?
Pulling up to the gates at the Hideaway?
Definitely

ECPC.

The Hideaway sounds and looks absolutely unreal and will be super exciting if I ever get the opportunity.

But The prerelease insider meetings, the fitting with the same people who fit the pros, the people who go over the top to put this on for a group of internet golfers, come on, that's absurd. That's the heart of the Grandaddy.

So depending on where you are sitting you may not see the sign at ECPC lol I didnt see it until we got out of the bus. But you better believe you see that gate at Hideaway

Think from an outsider standpoint, I'd think Hideaway. But after going through it, rolling up to ECPC and walking up to the facility, man, they are both equally awesome but in different ways.

Think from an outsider standpoint, I'd think Hideaway. But after going through it, rolling up to ECPC and walking up to the facility, man, they are both equally awesome but in different ways.
the gear junkie in me was so pumped up walking up to ECPC. The golf junkie in me was pumped for Hideaway.

Firs time there for us was at night so you couldnt even see the golf course. It was like a literal curtain was up and you were there but couldnt see it just yet haha

@bigbov @Joshnoble01

Can you give me some bullet points for this whole manifest thing?
No, but I can.
Be a part of the THP Forum for golf.
Get involved in experience threads as they happen.

That is how one is selected.

the gear junkie in me was so pumped up walking up to ECPC. The golf junkie in me was pumped for Hideaway.

Firs time there for us was at night so you couldnt even see the golf course. It was like a literal curtain was up and you were there but couldnt see it just yet haha
In my mind anyway, while playig the Hideaway is an absolutely unreal opportunity, and I don't want to discount that, it seems like playing an ultra-exclusive course is something most people at least can see a pathway to (I've got a possible line on playing the Yellowstone club for example!). Nobody gets the opportunity to get fit by the Callaway guys though, so I'd be even more excited for that I think.

ECPC because it happens first and at that point the entire experience becomes real.
I'll say from my perspective it's real far before that- It hit for me when I touched down in CA and got off the plane to be picked up by a driver with my name on a sign.

I'll say from my perspective it's real far before that- It hit for me when I touched down in CA and got off the plane to be picked up by a driver with my name on a sign.
Same, maybe sooner for me. My connecting flight to SD had a number of THPers on it including my captain. As soon as that plane touched down it was go time

For me, it's the ECPC. That complete fitting will change my game for the next few years!

The ECPC sign is definitely cool, but I was more excited for the group picture there.

The gates at The Hideaway though? I had my phone out the entire way with pictures/video going. Especially because you do it 3 times. Night time at first, then twice during the day. The 2nd day my phone was away, trying to take it all in one last time.

That would be a good feeling, to say the least!

Exactly how I felt

I feel this way too. The gear aspect of ECPC is so unique and amazing, but the Hideaway is on another level as far as courses go.

I mean that is step one...but between the 2 options, which would you go with?
I think it’d be the ECPC for me. There’s just something about seeing the sign, and knowing all the amazing skill that’s passed through there. It’s like hallowed ground or something.

Love this question...but I think you could also add pulling up to Callaway HQ on that first day!

So depending on where you are sitting you may not see the sign at ECPC lol I didnt see it until we got out of the bus. But you better believe you see that gate at Hideaway
Sit on the right side of the bus heading to ECPC and the left side of the bus pulling into the Hideaway. Thank me later!

Shhhh now I'm going to have people fighting over seats on the bus.
I forgot about sitting on the left as we approached the Hideaway the night after Al's. Day 2 @Muchmore was a true representative of all that the Grandaddy means and as we were almost there I said..."Do you mind switching seats with me?" As you can expect he did!

ECPC because it happens first and at that point the entire experience becomes real.
product presentation is the night before. In that awesome presentation room. That was fun..

Man, that's a tough choice to make because they're both so awesome in their own way, and they're both most likely once in a lifetime experiences. I could make a strong argument for either one, but I'll go with ECPC because of the the people you're going to meet, the things you're going to learn, and being fit by some of the best minds in the industry.

Love this question...but I think you could also add pulling up to Callaway HQ on that first day!
I was thinking the same thing - because that's where it really hits you that this isn't a dream and is actually happening! Walking in and seeing this on the first night was pretty mind-blowing, and it was just the beginning of all the cool things we were about to experience:

IMG_5775.JPG

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing - because that's where it really hits you that this isn't a dream and is actually happening!
Damn right it does. Not to mention that JB had me walk up and open that door. I wasn't sure if I had the strength to open it. :ROFLMAO:

No, but I can.
Be a part of the THP Forum for golf.
Get involved in experience threads as they happen.

That is how one is selected.
@Bus i honestly feel like this is what we did. We were both extremely passionate about the Adam rank event and dove straight into it. Manifest became a fun mantra as a byproduct of doing this.

After having been part of an experience why wouldn’t I want to be in these threads supporting everyone. I think people on the higher handicap side or those that aren’t as techy are afraid of what they can contribute. That’s the beauty of golf though. As long as it’s fun and everyone here makes it super easy to do so and be involved in these experiences.

Back