EXPERIENCE The 2024 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

That small ride to ECPC is amazing. You see the tents and all the gear set up ready to go. As a pure golf junkie you don't think it gets any better than that, but at every turn the dial gets turned up a little bit more. You hit that Apex (no pun intended) when you get to The Hideaway and see the gates. For me I got a feeling rush over me of "what the hell am I doing here" and if I am being honest a lot overwhelmed and feeling like I didn't belong there. This was not because anyone made the team not feel welcomed, it was just my personal feeling based on where I come from and realizing what I was experiencing were things of my dreams that I honestly never thought would come true.

Shhhh now I'm going to have people fighting over seats on the bus.
The left side is solid too. On the left you get a view of hole one on Clive, on the right you get to see a green and pond on the Dye, I want to say it is hole 13 or 14..

Which would have you more excited if you got into the Grandaddy?

Seeing the big Callaway sign at ECPC?
Pulling up to the gates at the Hideaway?
The ECPC is very cool.

A few contests are currently being brainstormed. Like I said, effort is going to be required. More for some than for others. Not locking anything in though, until I have a couple more guidelines. But my thought process is, if you're not willing to put in A LITTLE effort in to the contest, how much effort would you be willing to put in throughout the year, while you're there, and after with your review duties? Depending on when you're picked, this is anywhere from a year to a year and a half commitment.

May pump the breaks on some of my ideas a bit of course, but I'm just sharing my current thought process
Love this approach. Put in the work to earn the prize.

Man, that's a tough choice to make because they're both so awesome in their own way, and they're both most likely once in a lifetime experiences. I could make a strong argument for either one, but I'll go with ECPC because of the the people you're going to meet, the things you're going to learn, and being fit by some of the best minds in the industry.

I was thinking the same thing - because that's where it really hits you that this isn't a dream and is actually happening! Walking in and seeing this on the first night was pretty mind-blowing, and it was just the beginning of all the cool things we were about to experience:

View attachment 9262572
That picture was amazing...can't imagine the view in real life...

It's all crazy and @mikeg_74 did a good job of summarizing the escalating feeling. I will say pulling up to Callaway HQ the first time was when the immensity of what we were about to do really started to settle in for me. From there it just kept getting better and better. Truly a unique on of a kind experience and one of my most cherished golf memories.

In true THP fashion the answer might not be one of the options: seeing that PM that you got the call, and all that greatness awaits.
For the first day or two after getting the nod you're kind of in disbelief. It is a crazy feeling for sure.

I will say that if you are lucky enough to get selected, soak it all up as best you can. Get to know your teammates, go all in on the event and the equipment, because there's really nothing else like it.

Are we thinking the team starts to fill out this month?

...I will say that if you are lucky enough to get selected, soak it all up as best you can. Get to know your teammates, go all in on the event and the equipment, because there's really nothing else like it.
And you don't get a re-do. This is your one chance at the most amazing experience in amateur golf, make the most of it or forever regret not doing so.

Oh Man - that's a harder decision than choosing between my wife and my dog 😅

From what I have seen, and I haven't seen as much of the Hideaway as I have the ECPC I'll have to go with the ECPC, it's the opportunity to listen to, and work with some of the finest minds in the industry and the impact of that access and the fitting transcends more than the time spent at the Hideaway. But really on their own they'd both blow my mind in terms of the opportunity and lasting memories - even more so by sharing them with some of the great and the good on here....

Sit on the right side of the bus heading to ECPC and the left side of the bus pulling into the Hideaway. Thank me later!
How about sooner and later?
Thank you.
(It really was/is a great tip)

Oh man, I think it starts way before I get to either of these. Getting notified of being on the Team would be cause serious hyperventilating Lol.

But to answer your original question, I know The Hideaway would blow me away, but entering into the ECPC means things are about to happen that not many get to experience.

So many exciting things, walking into the media room at HQ and seeing all the swag we were getting, walking into ECPC knowing we were getting fit by the best in the business, driving into the nicest golf course I have stepped foot on...... hard to pick but thats just the Grandaddy being what it is.. the best ametuer golf event out there, it is never ending excitement.

ECPC. It means that it's not a dream and epic things are about to happen.

Walking into Callaway HQ to sign NDA's is when this experience got "real" for me. I have said it numerous times and will say it a million more times: I cannot believe that an experience like this exists for an amateur golfer. I still have a hard time explaining to people that it happened to me, has happened to others, and is happening again for some lucky and engaged golfers on this forum.

Back