Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

I honestly can’t believe how perfect it is for me. I don’t have to worry about my pull/ hooks anymore. Swinging freely and confidently is so new and it’s amazing.
Wait so proto as in its not out yet?

I have one club like this that i cannot draw and its my ping 4 hybride w the x stiff chrome 2 tour shaft in the most flat setting i love that thing because even if i release too hard most i get left is a straight 5 yard pull n i heard those shafts are ust.

What monitor are you using in the photos?
Rapsodo MLM2Pro courtesy of THP. Won it through Instagram. First time I'm taking it outdoors.

Range session was quick but so many positives to be taken from it. The X head is amazing and paired with the LinQ Blue 6TX I can already tell this is the right combo for me. Working through some swing issues and my launch angle is currently killing some distance but I'm seeing improvement already since Victoria National and Shaft Up.

Obviously not a long hitter but I can see more distance out there and I have confidence it will come over time.

1000013224.jpg

Had a sneaky long day with the LS today. One of those rounds where you think you hit it “fine” but then your stats show otherwise. With the course starting to round into form I’m excited to see it stretch its legs a bit. I did push one into the water but hey, you can’t win them all.

Saturday can't come soon enough for me to get me hands on my X.
I may have to set up the sim and get some swings in after I pick it up.

It's windy AF here in SW Wisconsin. Feels like I never left Indiana. Other than the course here isn't nearly as beautiful. Little elbow issues from lifting weights earlier today so I haven't been swinging very hard, but everything has felt good and been in play. This X still feels so good. When I center it I know it and I'm not getting punished terribly on mishit s. Looking forward to swinging it when the wind isn't whipping.

1000013283.jpg

My 8g weights have been delivered, will be home Sunday to mess around and see if I can get anything else of out of the LS

My X is a lot of fun and I hit it quite strait most of the time. Would love a little more height on my shots. Going to try a new shaft. Thinking HZRDUS Red.

Was able to go look again at the full line up of Cobra Darkspeed drivers yesterday at Edwin Watts on St. Simons Island. Didn’t get to hit anything though.

Just got a new shaft for the Cobra LTDx LS driver. Really liking the combo and results are so good that I’m not sure I really need to update to the Darkspeed.

Compared to the LTDx the shape of the Darkspeed head is more stretched back and triangular, even with the LS model.

I’m conflicted.

My X is a lot of fun and I hit it quite strait most of the time. Would love a little more height on my shots. Going to try a new shaft. Thinking HZRDUS Red.
Going straight from the Black to Red, with no stop at the Blue? LOL. I like it actually. I bet it could be a fun combo.

Was able to go look again at the full line up of Cobra Darkspeed drivers yesterday at Edwin Watts on St. Simons Island. Didn’t get to hit anything though.

Just got a new shaft for the Cobra LTDx LS driver. Really liking the combo and results are so good that I’m not sure I really need to update to the Darkspeed.

Compared to the LTDx the shape of the Darkspeed head is more stretched back and triangular, even with the LS model.

I’m conflicted.
I thought this was going to bother me, but it really hasn't out on the course. I've actually quite enjoyed the head shape on the X.

You have to love firm fairways and a low spin Darkspeed LS.

IMG_6625.png

Last edited:
I saw some good stuff with the DarkSpeed LS today. I had a couple of drives that were over 300 yards. My last two drives were horrible and blew up my round but it was on me. The driver performs.

I have finally settled into my setup, which is:

10.5* head set in standard loft lie.
heavy weight in the heel.
Graphite Design Tour AD VF 4S shaft.

IMG_6626.pngIMG_6628.png

I used the DS X today 14 times and i hit 12 fw. working on a ball position being more towards center as i really like it up by my left foot. That is uncomfortable but i hit some nice ones from there. I am going to need to spend some serious time on the range this week to make that feel normal.

I used the DS X today 14 times and i hit 12 fw. working on a ball position being more towards center as i really like it up by my left foot. That is uncomfortable but i hit some nice ones from there. I am going to need to spend some serious time on the range this week to make that feel normal.
Was the ball position something you were instructed, or do you see significant changes to the ball flight?

I've always felt that more centered I was, the harder it was to square and get an upward aoa.

@ddec going to get his Velocity on in the DS LS this week….

Going straight from the Black to Red, with no stop at the Blue? LOL. I like it actually. I bet it could be a fun combo.
No CB?

I’m still enjoying the Red 7F5 in the LS, my swing is junk, but the potential is evident. It’s funny being back in a heavier shaft after a while, but I’m digging it.

Back