Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

had a good day at the range with this driver. It was a knuckle'y fade that was very pretty.

Can't wait to swing everyone elses Darkspeed driver next week! :D

Can't wait to swing everyone elses Darkspeed driver next week! :D
I'm so jealous! I am absolutely itching to get some more time with both the X and the LS before MC bag orders. Looking forward to hearing how your time with Darkspeed (outside) goes, Cap!

Took the Ventus TR blue out and put in the Kinetix Velocity for its first go round
2/3 fairways to start. IMG_4376.jpeg

Last edited:
That Darkspeed of yours hasn't felt the pain of whats coming yet :D
if you are talking about hitting the sweet spot...yeah, I left that bare. Low heel, high toe are properly conditioned though.

celebratory trip for Rory's Masters victory
This seems like a comment for a putter thread, not this one haha. Though I'd love to see Rory bomb a Darkspeed

Got to go to the simulator this morning for 30 minutes to hit my driver combo of the Darkspeed X and the UST Mamiya Proto Shaft. It’s still just as good as I hit it then. One big notice I’m seeing aside from distance compared to my Mavrik subzero is the dispersion is much tighter.

Has anyone else noticed that with these new heads how consistent of a ball you can hit with them? I can’t wait to get it out on the course!

Got to go to the simulator this morning for 30 minutes to hit my driver combo of the Darkspeed X and the UST Mamiya Proto Shaft. It’s still just as good as I hit it then. One big notice I’m seeing aside from distance compared to my Mavrik subzero is the dispersion is much tighter.

Has anyone else noticed that with these new heads how consistent of a ball you can hit with them? I can’t wait to get it out on the course!
So good this Proto of your…

So good this Proto of your…
I honestly can’t believe how perfect it is for me. I don’t have to worry about my pull/ hooks anymore. Swinging freely and confidently is so new and it’s amazing.

I honestly can’t believe how perfect it is for me. I don’t have to worry about my pull/ hooks anymore. Swinging freely and confidently is so new and it’s amazing.
Happy Smiley Face GIF by 60 Second Docs

The Velocity shaft felt real good in the Darkspeed. I slowed down on the back 9 as the wind picked up but still was happy with the results. I eliminated the left side which has been a huge battle forever. Distances were great. Overall another good performance and I love how the Darkspeed can make the ok swings turn out to be good shots.
IMG_4408.png

Last edited:
I got in 18 holes today. The course was playing extremely soft and slow. I had a couple of drivers in the bag, as I continue to experiment. The DarkSpeed LS was clearly the longer driver. Here was my drive of the day:

IMG_6620.png

Told my boss where to go and took a long lunch ...

Number time with X head and LinQ Blue 6TX.

Also mildly depressed at how my home courses range is nowhere near that of Victoria Nationals. Lol.

1000013215.jpg
1000013218.jpg

Back