The Bucket Hat thread

Bucket hats are cargo shorts for your head.

After you have a couple of Moh's surgery in your 40-50's, you'll be hugging the bucket hat.o_O

Not enamored with the logo, but it keeps its shape (wire in the brim), liteweight, and breathable. Wash in a dishwasher because you don't want to bend the wire in a washer

I've had two Moh's surgeries - you look like hell for a couple of weeks, takes about 6 months for scars to go away but only if you use scar cream religiously.

Wear the brim when you can.

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 9.28.55 PM.png

I 100% approve of this movement. Love my Buckets, I just have a really difficult time finding them that fit my large head and accomodate for sunglasses.

I think I only have 2 currently. More of a true bucket, that is I believe a UA Armour Vent Storm (decent rain hat as well). 2nd that I own is a wider brim UA Iso-Chill Armour Vent. Its ok, but the draw string is soon for the chopping block.
Unless you have a total Frankenstein sized melon the Callaway L/XL is worth a try, it's generously sized. The L/XL is a bit loose on my head, if it's even slightly breezy I have to flip the back of the band down to keep it from blowing off. For reference, my head measures 23 1/4" circumference at my brow where I wear the hat.

I think I look dorky in a bucket hat (fwiw, most people do), but I wear this one (no accounting for taste) Screenshot_20230525_204803_Chrome.jpg

Unless you have a total Frankenstein sized melon the Callaway L/XL is worth a try, it's generously sized. The L/XL is a bit loose on my head, if it's even slightly breezy I have to flip the back of the band down to keep it from blowing off. For reference, my head measures 23 1/4" circumference at my brow where I wear the hat.
I think this is the biggest reason I can’t bucket besides the look which I don’t actually care about. I have a bonk head. Wear a 7 3/4 - 7 7/8 and they are all too tight and not comfortable.

I think this is the biggest reason I can’t bucket besides the look which I don’t actually care about. I have a bonk head. Wear a 7 3/4 - 7 7/8 and they are all too tight and not comfortable.
There are some, but most are too small. I'm size 8, and have a few that fit well and a few that are a little tighter than I would prefer.

Dude I love bucket hats! Lets goooo!!!!

I picked up this week one of Callaway’s CG 21 Bucket Hats. I have a couple of other that have a big rim that sometimes distracts my “too long” backswing.

how do I know if I look good in one... I have one but I dunno if I can pull it off

I wear a Tilley bucket hat which comes in a wide variety of styles, colors, and sizes.

I used to not wear a hat at all because I just don't like baseball hats. However, coming from the land of no ozone layer and the highest melanoma rate in the world, I started wearing the bucket/sun hats and really like them now.

I just bought a Shelta Osprey. I have a Coolibar that works well too. I am a huge fan of the bucket.

How do you like the Shelta? I've been getting ads for them on Facebook and have been contemplating one. I like wide brim hats but had the brim collapsing or flopping up in the wind. Those look like a good solution for me.

How do you like the Shelta? I've been getting ads for them on Facebook and have been contemplating one. I like wide brim hats but had the brim collapsing or flopping up in the wind. Those look like a good solution for me.
I'm actually waiting for mine to arrive. I will let you know. I know others on here have bought the Shelta Condor and liked it. I liked the shape of the Osprey better.

I’ve become a big fan of the imperial bucket hats. The last couple courses I’ve played have had them and they are nice! Also enjoy the Taylormade storm bucket hat for the rain

I'm actually waiting for mine to arrive. I will let you know. I know others on here have bought the Shelta Condor and liked it. I liked the shape of the Osprey better.

Cool. Why not. White/Silver Shelta Condor on the way. I like the wider brim to keep the sun off my ears and neck better.

Cool. Why not. White/Silver Shelta Condor on the way. I like the wider brim to keep the sun off my ears and neck better.
No real Reason, personal preference. I like the Olive color and I'm a fan of the actual bird more than a Condor :D.

Bucket hats are cargo shorts for your head.
I dont disagree, but having your playing partner look like Evander Holyfield because half of his ear had to be cut off, makes you question some things.
But then again, still better than joggers :ROFLMAO:

I dont disagree, but having your playing partner look like Evander Holyfield because half of his ear had to be cut off, makes you question some things.
But then again, still better than joggers :ROFLMAO:
Your last statement is completely and utterly false.. and you know it..

its not my style.

I did see one block @xThor from trying to hit a golf shot the other day
Man that extra round we played had a whole lot of stuff going on didn't it :LOL:

Back