Mizuno Pro 24X Irons - 241, 243, 245

Surprised more folks haven't commented on those 245's- Those are so well done JB! Wasn't sure how I'd feel about the alternating color's but it really pops!!

Watching the Mizuno video really want to try the 245’s now

So, I have the 243 in 5 - GW and a 245 in the 4 iron spot. I’ve had them since late March but because of my kids’ sports and activity schedule running 7 days a week right now it has made it really difficult to get these sticks out and properly put them through their paces. I haven’t played an actual round in over a month now, but I was able to sneak out and hit a small bucket late last Saturday. Let me tell you, that was a bad idea, because now all I can think about is getting these back on the course. I love how clean they look behind the ball, how solid, yet soft, and fast they feel off the face on clean strikes. So glad I went with 245 in the 4 spot, man, that thing feels sooo good, like it springs off the face.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying my time with my kids right now because I know I’m not getting this time back, but maaaan…..dreaming about when I can get these back out. Just need the schedule, and weather, to come together so I can make it happen!

So, I have the 243 in 5 - GW and a 245 in the 4 iron spot. I’ve had them since late March but because of my kids’ sports and activity schedule running 7 days a week right now it has made it really difficult to get these sticks out and properly put them through their paces. I haven’t played an actual round in over a month now, but I was able to sneak out and hit a small bucket late last Saturday. Let me tell you, that was a bad idea, because now all I can think about is getting these back on the course. I love how clean they look behind the ball, how solid, yet soft, and fast they feel off the face on clean strikes. So glad I went with 245 in the 4 spot, man, that thing feels sooo good, like it springs off the face.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying my time with my kids right now because I know I’m not getting this time back, but maaaan…..dreaming about when I can get these back out. Just need the schedule, and weather, to come together so I can make it happen!
Love the 245 4 iron...feel like it's just that perfect amount of adding forgiveness, but man they look good.

I feel like gaming those irons will constantly make you dream about playing :ROFLMAO:

Got these out on the range again today. It’s so rainy out here right now, this is all I have. These irons are too gorgeous to just be sitting in my garage. So off we went today. They feel so good even with the worst range balls known to man. It’s intoxicating, the sound, the feel, and the look. I can’t wait to get these back on grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did something. The light blue is almost imperceptible thankfully. I need to either get better at this process, use a better pen, or don’t forget about them and let them dry before wiping.

Oh well I’m satisfied with my first attempt. Like I said can barely tell I did anything.
IMG_9931.jpeg

I did something. The light blue is almost imperceptible thankfully. I need to either get better at this process, use a better pen, or don’t forget about them and let them dry before wiping.

Oh well I’m satisfied with my first attempt. Like I said can barely tell I did anything.
View attachment 9263300
I dig the blue! What kind of pen did you use?

Oh yeah this thread, i joined the MP club also!

View attachment 9263300
Looks Great! Did you just go over the White or did you remove it?
Look nice in Mizuno "Running Bird" Royal Blue
If anyone is wondering:
1715005484086.png

Did you just go over the White or did you remove it?
I just went over the stock white. In retrospect it does seem like a better idea to strip the old paint. Maybe the paint pen would adhere better that way. I’m going to try stripping them next time. I’ll probably change colors to a more pronounced blue, I don’t think I’ll go as dark as the running bird but we’ll see.

one of these days I need to try those 243's to compare against my 923Tours.

one of these days I need to try those 243's to compare against my 923Tours.
Oh that's a fun one. 243 always feels like it has a little more thump to it. It's so sneaky good.

Oh that's a fun one. 243 always feels like it has a little more thump to it. It's so sneaky good.

it's lofted about 2 degrees stronger then the 923Tours. so yes I would expect just a hair more distance. Not sure if that's what you mean by "thump"? I generally don't love strong lofted clubs...but I do need to try to the 243's since it's not a full 4 degrees stronger. What will matter to me is if I can still get all the same spin and height characteristics while potentially gaining 5 yards on everything. Then just generally how it feels to strike, what the sole is like in comparison, etc.

it's lofted about 2 degrees stronger then the 923Tours. so yes I would expect just a hair more distance. Not sure if that's what you mean by "thump"? I generally don't love strong lofted clubs...but I do need to try to the 243's since it's not a full 4 degrees stronger. What will matter to me is if I can still get all the same spin and height characteristics while potentially gaining 5 yards on everything. Then just generally how it feels to strike, what the sole is like in comparison, etc.
I meant in feel. The Tours have a little 'crisper' feedback to me. There's solid trail relief on the 243s too so it's usually no big thing to take them a little weak if 32* worries you.

well I need to try them out for sure. I plan to do so pretty soon, I'm still just enjoying the 923Tours for now. I'm curious more then anything, but I can't lie I could benefit from an extra 5 yards...so its worth a try really for me. I haven't had much problem regarding forgiveness with the Tours...so if the 243 is at least as forgiving as the Tours pretty close I don't see myself missing anything there.

I do love the feel of the Tours. I had the forged before, and I did NOT like the strong lofts at all, much prefer the Tours. But I know the 243-245 have tech in them to get the ball up in the air..probably with less spin, but at least up in the air...and its only 2 degrees stronger..which might be a nice compromise. When I moved from Forged to Tours, the higher lofts definitely improved my distance control and scoring without any question, but its also true that some of the distances dropped just a little lower then I would prefer especially up around 165-185..in that range I end up having to go a club longer then I want to...and probably I would score more accurately with getting just a bit more out of my 7i and 6i. Below that makes no difference I just play whatever club matches my distance and it works fine.

Back