Mizuno Pro 24X Irons - 241, 243, 245

haha, probably not. But I'm going to let them bounce around in my brain for the next six months because that's the healthy thing to do.
Bounce around for 6 months? you do realize you're on THP right?
If you said 6 minutes or 6 days, I would have understood.

Bounce around for 6 months? you do realize you're on THP right?
If you said 6 minutes or 6 days, I would have understood.
haha, it's only been a couple weeks since I hit the 6 iron demo interplanetary.

It's hard to forget about it.

I went to a Mizuno Fitting yesterday and reviewed my 245 set up.
I came away thinking that these 245's are just the bomb, just the bomb.
They are everything I'd hoped they would be when they are announced.

I hit them them really well with the fitter and established that I can hit a 6i, so I'm adding a 245 6i to the bag.
And here is the best part, even with a somewhat "Blind" Buy, I got the shafts right, so no need to change that.

I talked to the club buyer at the golf club that I was at and asked if the Ai Smoke was the big mover.
His answer was yes for Woods however overall, the 245's are his biggest seller so far of 2024.
That's fantastic man!!

Plan on comparing these to my 225's eventually....

Time seems to stand still when you’re waiting for your new irons to come in…..

It’s only been two week, but still…. The anticipation is killing me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its too early to form a decision for me and give up on the 243's but im finding them to be dangerously low spin. My game and swing is nowhere near where it used to be so im trying to withhold judgement, but im seeing 5000 spin with the 7i and weakened 1 degree already

at this point i enjoy hitting the cobra cb/mb setup more than the 243's

Just got the word that these are in and ready to be picked up!

Just got the word that these are in and ready to be picked up!

Quick note, Tapatalk will be going away on THP beginning soon due to their horrible security and software issues.
We strongly recommend switching to the browser which has all of our features.

Finally have them in hand! First round will have to wait though, kid’s sports and birthday this weekend mean it’s going to be a minute until these beauties touch grass. IMG_5845.jpeg

243’s are treating me well. I’m starting to understand the new yardages, ball flight, and spin I’m getting with them in comparison to 923 and the dialing seems to be coming along.

This is an 8 iron into a 147y par 3. Ended pin high 10ft left. Sound and feel of the 243’s are 👨‍🍳💋

8-iron Zstar 🔹 #par3

243’s are treating me well. I’m starting to understand the new yardages, ball flight, and spin I’m getting with them in comparison to 923 and the dialing seems to be coming along.

This is an 8 iron into a 147y par 3. Ended pin high 10ft left. Sound and feel of the 243’s are 👨‍🍳💋

8-iron Zstar 🔹 #par3

How do you like that ball so far?

Waiting for my 241s over here......I hate waiting for clubs LOL

I'm doing sessions with my 0317STs, which are lame ducks and they know it

Finally got to take these out for the first time today. Have 243 5-GW and 245 4 iron (though there was a mixup with the order so this still hasn’t arrived yet).

First round of golf since end of January. First time swinging a club since I was fit for these in February. Literally was peeling the plastic off of them in the parking lot of the course.

My swing was beyond rusty but man, I’m so happy with these irons. Makes me even more excited to finally get my 245 4 iron to complete the set. I scored terribly, and maybe only really flushed one iron shot all day….but it’s because of the round that I had that I left the course with a smile on my face. A smile that was there from the very first iron swing until I walked off the course. I got way more out of these today than I deserved. Mishits definitely get punished. My miss is low on the face and these 243’s handled that like absolute champs today. I was shocked at the distance and height I was getting out of living a few grooves low on the face all day.

I can’t wait to start flushing these and really see what they can do.

I’m in love. 🥰

Over the last 3-4 rounds I’ve been hitting the 243’s so well. There is absolutely no better feeling in golf than hitting the sweet spot of a Mizuno 243 7 iron.

I’m starting to occasionally experiment a little with shot shaping too, nothing dramatic but little fades and draw biased shots into wide open greens when there is no big trouble. It’s going decent needs more work. But one of the reasons I got the 243 over my HMP’s is for that reason.

Hit the 245s at my fitting today. I think I could game these on my best days but wanted to go with something a little more consistent for me in the end. When you hit these things pure though man, I don't think I hit a better feeling iron all day. And I hit a bunch of irons including the JPX923, T150/200s, Callaway, PING i530 & Blueprints.

I couldn't be happier that I put my big boy pants on, tightened my boots up, and went with the 243's. I did some serious questioning of my decision early on but now that I've added a fair amount of speed and I'm hitting them just about as far as the 923's I came from, I'm realizing what I was giving up with the 923 HMP's.

Don't get me wrong HMP's are fabulous irons but the 243 is just in a different stratosphere of shot-making. The stopping power I'm getting from the higher more controllable ball flight is so nice. I'm dialing them in pretty well and now I'm extremely confident that I can play this type of 'players iron' with great results.

Played my 1st round (and 1st of the year) with my 245s. (wettish & muddy course)
Notes: 1. they are forgiving
2. the have some pop on off-centered hits. felt effortless to send a ball
3. spent the last 3ish years missing right & hitting extreme toe-strikes. These go left, a draw, not a hook. Gotta get used to this.

Overall: very happy

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Back