Mizuno Pro 24X Irons - 241, 243, 245

Played a par 3 today that had a lot of 130-150 holes so go to hone in the 243’s. Fingers crossed I’ve got the shanks out of my system. Past two times out I’ve hit them crisp. They sound so good.

Got a good look at these yesterday. The 245 looks excellent. From about 5 feet away I had to check the number to see if it was the 241

245 4i has been fast but a little flat. Probably would be with any 4i right now. Shoulder is a little dinged up and my swing is shorter than usual. Think I'm covering a bit too much. At the range yesterday I worked on releasing through a bit better to maintain some launch, but decided to bend that 4i 1 degree weak today too.

1000059750.jpg

And I like it. Much better overall height and spin. Think that's my new setup.

With CT X.

1000059776.jpg

Adding this so I can find it later this year when I'm obsessing over things. Like the numbers for both of these within the set. Wouldn't change a thing on them. Remember this ^, stupid late summer moron. Lol

Keyword

I've had some rough spots with the transition to 243 from 923 but the past few times out including today I feel like we are starting to become friends with each other, not quite best buds yet but I can see it happening. The feel and sound I get from well-struck shots remind me why I love Mizuno so much. I'm starting to get that feeling more. Things are finally clicking with them and I think we may have a nice time together this summer.

I've had some rough spots with the transition to 243 from 923 but the past few times out including today I feel like we are starting to become friends with each other, not quite best buds yet but I can see it happening. The feel and sound I get from well-struck shots remind me why I love Mizuno so much. I'm starting to get that feeling more. Things are finally clicking with them and I think we may have a nice time together this summer.
@That post, did you end up with a combo set? I combo’d the 223’s and 225’s like you were thinking. PW-8 in 223 and they feel great and are plenty forgiving. I’m recently having thoughts about my 225’s jumping off the face and not having enough spin to hold greens, specially the 7i and 6i. Did you compare the two on a launch monitor? Are the 245’s less “hot”? Mizuno makes awesome irons. I’m sure you’ll get them dialed in.

@That post, did you end up with a combo set? I combo’d the 223’s and 225’s like you were thinking. PW-8 in 223 and they feel great and are plenty forgiving. I’m recently having thoughts about my 225’s jumping off the face and not having enough spin to hold greens, specially the 7i and 6i. Did you compare the two on a launch monitor? Are the 245’s less “hot”? Mizuno makes awesome irons. I’m sure you’ll get them dialed in.
Nope I went six through pitching wedge decided to drop the five iron and go with a king tec five hybrid

So after working through a set with Chris, i’m going 245 straight through bent 1 strong and standard length and lie angle.

Going with a gold and green set of custom The Hackers Paradise Recoil Dart shafts with our dog Arrow laser etched in them.

Mizuno is building this set now and I should have them soon.
This is going to be FIRE!!! I really want some 245!

Part of me really wants to order the MP241.....they are under 2 g-notes Canadian.

Hi all,

New to Hacker’s Paradise and excited to be here. About to order 243s after a fitting had them edging out the T150’s but have been mulling over the specs.

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere but anyone also tackle these questions?

-Was fit at standard length and lie for both 243 and T150, and am standard in my current AP2s. But standard for Mizuno is 0.25” longer and 1d flatter, so should I order standard (and trust the results) OR order them 0.25” short and 1d upright?
-Ball flight seemed a bit flatter than ideal vs. my gamers. 5 yards further but slightly lower launch, spin, height and descent. Fitter didn’t mention weakening lofts. Anyone else move from a players cavity and have to adjust lofts on the 243s?

Appreciate your thoughts!

Last edited:
Part of me really wants to order the MP241.....they are under 2 g-notes Canadian.
They're really nice. And they're not the most demanding blade. They're still a blade though, and not the easiest ones either. I'm all about that combo. Bit of everything.

They're really nice. And they're not the most demanding blade. They're still a blade though, and not the easiest ones either. I'm all about that combo. Bit of everything.

It's funny I was actually gonna message you.

How big are they? Like can you compare them to the new Callaway MBs? I've held those and checked them out.

My feeling is they are probably a bit smaller than my 0317ST (I would consider this an easy blade) .

Are they similar to new Callaway MB?

It's funny I was actually gonna message you.

How big are they? Like can you compare them to the new Callaway MBs? I've held those and checked them out.

My feeling is they are probably a bit smaller than my 0317ST (I would consider this an easy blade) .

Are they similar to new Callaway MB?
Mm. 🤔 I don't have the Cally MBs on hand tonight. I moved on from my Cally stuff pretty quickly. I can do a quick side by side tomorrow.

Mm. 🤔 I don't have the Cally MBs on hand tonight. I moved on from my Cally stuff pretty quickly. I can do a quick side by side tomorrow.

No worries, just trying to gauge, based on your description I'm guessing a bit smaller than my 0317 but not overly small. I can deal with that.

But yeah if you can make some comps that'd be helpful. I've held and demo'd a lot of clubs but not much Mizuno. They don't do days at my club

But yeah if you can make some comps that'd be helpful. I've held and demo'd a lot of clubs but not much Mizuno. They don't do days at my club
That sucks. Mention it to your Pro. As long as there's interest he might be able to set it up. I mean I can't imagine they wouldn't want a presence at your club.

Hi all,

New to Hacker’s Paradise and excited to be here. About to order 243s after a fitting had them edging out the T150’s but have been pulling over the specs.

-Was fit at standard length and lie for both 243 and T150, and am standard in my current AP2s. But standard for Mizuno is 0.25” longer and 1d flatter, so should I order standard (and trust the results) OR order them 0.25” short and 1d upright?
-Ball flight seemed a bit flatter than ideal vs. my gamers. 5 yards further but slightly lower launch, spin, height and descent. Fitter didn’t mention weakening lofts. Anyone else move from a players cavity and have to adjust lofts on the 243s?

First off welcome to THP.
If you were fit at standard for those irons, I would order them in standard Mizuno.

Hi all,

New to Hacker’s Paradise and excited to be here. About to order 243s after a fitting had them edging out the T150’s but have been pulling over the specs.

I would order to exactly what you were fit....as for the flight and numbers, they are either about 1 - 2 degrees stronger for a players model. The PW is 44 and most players blades/cavities are 46*. I weakened my 243's 1 degree and they're still lower spin then id like but its also only indoor testing so not jumping to conclusions yet

I would first start by looking at the ball you're playing. Off a 7i its not crazy to think you can pick up an extra 500 rpm's backspin just from changing the ball

I went to a Mizuno Fitting yesterday and reviewed my 245 set up.
I came away thinking that these 245's are just the bomb, just the bomb.
They are everything I'd hoped they would be when they were announced.

I hit them them really well with the fitter and established that I can hit a 6i, so I'm adding a 245 6i to the bag.
And here is the best part, even with a somewhat "Blind" Buy, I got the shafts right, so no need to change that.

I talked to the club buyer at the golf club that I was at and asked if the Ai Smoke was the big mover.
His answer was yes for Woods however overall, the 245's are his biggest seller so far of 2024.

Last edited:
They are everything I'd hoped they would be when they are announced.

I hit them them really well with the fitter and established that I can hit a 6i, so I'm adding a 245 6i to the bag.
And here is the best part, even with a somewhat "Blind" Buy, I got the shafts right, so need to change that.

I talked to the club buyer at the golf club that I was at and asked if the Ai Smoke was the big mover.
His answer was yes for Woods however overall, the 245's are his biggest seller so far of 2024.
Ugh, the 245 are so impressive.

Having enjoyed my time with the 225 in the long irons, it's hard not to let these irons bounce around in the back of my head in 4-5 slot.

They are everything I'd hoped they would be when they are announced.

And here is the best part, even with a somewhat "Blind" Buy, I got the shafts right, so need to change that.

well that right there is pretty damn awesome.

Ugh, the 245 are so impressive.

Having enjoyed my time with the 225 in the long irons, it's hard not to let these irons bounce around in the back of my head in 4-5 slot.
@Jman and @War Eagle mentioned something about a group buy. You in? haha

@Jman and @War Eagle mentioned something about a group buy. You in? haha
haha, probably not. But I'm going to let them bounce around in my brain for the next six months because that's the healthy thing to do.

haha, probably not. But I'm going to let them bounce around in my brain for the next six months because that's the healthy thing to do.
is this because I make fun of the Blue Jays?

Back