Garage Simulator Crew

Bwahahahahahaha. From a flat mat with auto putt.

1712872469203.png

1712872499014.png

I lost track of how many chips rolled back off the green or over the other side... Gonna do it again Sunday! Woo!

@PiratePenguin what projector are you using?
Came with the package. It’s a 1080 Optoma that’s a few model years old. But it does fine. It had all the overhead lights on today. Looks better if I turn them off, but I tend to trip on the mat more often lol

Came with the package. It’s a 1080 Optoma that’s a few model years old. But it does fine. It had all the overhead lights on today. Looks better if I turn them off, but I tend to trip on the mat more often lol
It actually looked really good.

It actually looked really good.
I was surprised by it. Figured an older package deal projector would be kinda Meh but it has good lumens and does fine.

I’m to the point where I’m either going to add an impact screen and projector or go with the retractable enclosure. This set does the job but I’m using it more and more and need to take the next step.
IMG_2971.jpeg

I’m to the point where I’m either going to add an impact screen and projector or go with the retractable enclosure. This set does the job but I’m using it more and more and need to take the next step.
View attachment 9256439
Love my retractable so much. One button up. One button down.

I did say take my money.... 🤣 Now to put this thing together! 1000007299.jpg

Fellow garage sim crew members, what do you do to help with the heat in your garage in the summer time? It was 80 today in Mississippi and I was drenched in sweat after a 30 minute session. I can’t imagine what it’s gonna be like when it’s 96 in August. Is a fan enough?

Fellow garage sim crew members, what do you do to help with the heat in your garage in the summer time? It was 80 today in Mississippi and I was drenched in sweat after a 30 minute session. I can’t imagine what it’s gonna be like when it’s 96 in August. Is a fan enough?
Point this industrial fan from Costco directly at my face. It helps.
20240418_212948.jpg

I have a portable ac unit that brings the temps down a bit.

I haven't tested this yet, but my plan is to use my portable AC unit. You do need a window nearby to vent it. I imagine during the heat of the summer I won't be able to just walk in and start hitting, I'll have to get it cranking for a while to get things down to a reasonable temp, but it puts out pretty good so I think it can make it bearable. If not, I could add another (assuming enough power).

I'll get a make and model for you later.

Ok. Thanks for the replies. I’ll start with a fan. Not sure a portable AC will work well in a 3 bay garage. That’s a lot of space to cool down. I know I’ll sweat no matter what the temp is, just looking to keep from being drenched.

Last year I put in a mini split AC. Big help. Still warm. Last week I insulated the space over the garage to R38 and the AC hasn’t run once and the garage has stayed around 70, though we haven’t hit full summer upper 90s yet. Gives me hope for the summer than insulation plus AC will be quite comfortable. Also have a fan if I want some moving air.

Edit for @cringjr - my garage is a 3 bay also. I’d def look at mini splits if you can.

Fellow garage sim crew members, what do you do to help with the heat in your garage in the summer time? It was 80 today in Mississippi and I was drenched in sweat after a 30 minute session. I can’t imagine what it’s gonna be like when it’s 96 in August.

There's a silver-lining to everything. Think how you'll be able to contribute to the fitness and weight loss thread.

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

@cringjr My unit is a HiSense model AP14DR1G, rated at 14,000 BTU/hr.

I use a 20" floor fan and have the back door to my garage open. I still sweat but it makes it more bearable.

Currently an electric fan. When the standalone garage is built it will have an window ac unit at the very least

Dammit, I really need to turn notifications on. How’s your weekend looking?
Out of pocket tonight and traveling tomorrow. Hahaha this was weeks ago.

Back