The Official Banter Away Thread

Posting this here but know that most won’t see it. As I’ve been jumping into the various threads I keep seeing a post repeated time and time again by JB. What are we even doing here if you’ve been lucky enough to get I to an event but never follow other live events outside of yours? Cmon people I can’t express it enough that you are doing a disservice to yourself and potentially impacting that these experiences continue! There are hundreds of people that would kill to be in your shoes!

Understanding what these live threads are like is extremely important. If you can’t post while enjoying yourself it’s because you don’t follow along with a live thread or practice posting in your daily rounds outside of the experience. Come prepared and be engaged because you have an entire community of THPers following along with YOUR experience.

Posting this here but know that most won’t see it. As I’ve been jumping into the various threads I keep seeing a post repeated time and time again by JB. What are we even doing here if you’ve been lucky enough to get I to an event but never follow other live events outside of yours? Cmon people I can’t express it enough that you are doing a disservice to yourself and potentially impacting that these experiences continue! There are hundreds of people that would kill to be in your shoes!

Understanding what these live threads are like is extremely important. If you can’t post while enjoying yourself it’s because you don’t follow along with a live thread or practice posting in your daily rounds outside of the experience. Come prepared and be engaged because you have an entire community of THPers following along with YOUR experience.
Great post, sir.

Happy Friday THP!!!

This just happened by my office. Driver seemed okay all things considered. Taken out by stretcher.
IMG_9163.jpeg

Going to randomly quote this a couple times

What the...how does that happen?
My car was parked in a spot to perfectly record what happened, but I had turned off the cameras unfortunately. I am guessing he hit the gas when he meant to hit the brake.

My car was parked in a spot to perfectly record what happened, but I had turned off the cameras unfortunately. I am guessing he hit the gas when he meant to hit the brake.
Man that's scary!

People will see it, but probably not the people that should.

Nailed it.

People will see it, but probably not the people that should.
Probably not because most don't see it in the experience threads they were selected for. Just my soap box rant for the day.

Probably not because most don't see it in the experience threads they were selected for. Just my soap box rant for the day.
A completely warranted rant, though.

Rain rain and more rain… anything outdoors washed out so I get 100% THp and some wrasslin to kelp me busy all weekend

My wife and I were just asked if we wanted to have our house featured on an episode of House Hunters. Did not expect to come out of a meeting with that text on my phone😂

I have always been the type of person to never get too excited about something so I don't get let down. I broke that rule recently and I'm definitely paying the price now. This week has not been super kind to me, but that's alright, first world problems so I'm remaining positive.

Don't forget downtime on forum tomorrow night... GG is taking our blankie away to wash it Saturday night.
That is where hopefully some soccer is on tv, or I rearrange my sock drawer

My wife and I were just asked if we wanted to have our house featured on an episode of House Hunters. Did not expect to come out of a meeting with that text on my phone😂
Do you get paid??

Well said.

The whole family is now up and we are ask dropping twister buzz words as they look through all of the pictures their friends posted.

There was some devastation with the tornadoes.
There was a bad tornado yesterday evening north of Abilene. My sister and BIL know a young family who's house got destroyed. They were there and lucky to all survive. She sent me a video of the house after. There wasn't much left of the house at all. Apparently the mom was holding the young boy and he got swept from her arms but amazingly survived. He had some head injuries but should be ok. The dad has a fractured wrist. They also had 2 dogs and one is missing.

She sent another video from a storm chaser who pulled up right after the house was hit with the tornado still in the background. The mom came running up carrying the son, followed by the daughter and the dad hobbling behind. He got them in the vehicle and called 911 as started to drive to take them to the hospital. It was pretty tough to see and I still can't believe they lived after seeing the house after. I was pretty much down to the foundation. I just shows how strong and dangerous these storms can be. Prayers to the family and that they all recover.

Back