Fujikura AXIOM Iron Shafts

i hit these today in the 105 stiff and x. the butt section felt very thick. these were the worst shaft i tried all day. instant no. very much not a fit for my swing.

20230511_144246.jpg

This should be fun.

20230511_182549.jpg

20230511_233343.jpg

Hm. 37.25" no tip weights.

20230512_130613.jpg

Going to play for as many 7i approaches as I reasonably can during the round today.

that shaft is trash, but the shoe choice is on point

jk, curious to hear your thoughts.
Dude it's going really interestingly. And freaking long. I'll upload the first one off the tee around a corner. I'll try to do it a lot because it's plug fairways today. Good distance gauge. Baby swings flying though.

that shaft is trash, but the shoe choice is on point

jk, curious to hear your thoughts.

Next one was 215 stuck off the tee. Straight, middle. Chippy 7i draw from 178 to 9 feet.

Next one was 215 stuck off the tee. Straight, middle. Chippy 7i draw from 178 to 9 feet.

sounds like it's a lot more controllable through impact for you?

sounds like it's a lot more controllable through impact for you?
I'm sure there's some differences between this and the 105. This doesn't feel like a 130g shaft though. It's pretty easy.

Teammate reminded me that I should have said I holed out with that 7i for eagle from 217 over and down a hill later that round. 7i, 7i, in. It was pretty badass but nothing too exciting beyond me to show about it because the camera angle doesn't show the green over the hill. Except maybe me talking about it in the air. Back pin, tiered green, didn't see a pitch mark. Money.

I can't deny that I've had some very interesting results with this shaft. It has such an interesting feel. Doesn't seem near as heavy as it is. And I launch it pretty high, naturally. Can knock it down. And I've been able to hit my distances consistently with it. The whole thing has me a little 🤔

I can't deny that I've had some very interesting results with this shaft. It has such an interesting feel. Doesn't seem near as heavy as it is. And I launch it pretty high, naturally. Can knock it down. And I've been able to hit my distances consistently with it. The whole thing has me a little 🤔

i think the feel is what i just didn’t like at all. nice that it seems to fit you well. you have expensive taste haha

i think the feel is what i just didn’t like at all. nice that it seems to fit you well. you have expensive taste haha
I'd be curious to see the differences between the 105 and 125. I don't really want to like them. I mean they practically cost as much as irons themselves. But they weren't at all what I was expecting. Which is probably my fault. I mean I play black Velocore X driver shafts. Which you know are pretty intense when you take out a Hulk 6.0 today and it feels like a rubber band in comparison. So I just had some stuff in my head that isn't what it is. It loads. And it releases. And it launches higher than I expected. And if I had to hit a 240 yard 7i shot to save a life this is probably what I would choose. But I've also been able to hit my number pretty well. And spin it. But I'm not entirely sure I like it. I'm very very confused. Lol

These have my interest and are immediately on my strong ponder list. These might be the right shafts to get me into graphite! I cannot wait to find these locally to test out!!

I'd be curious to see the differences between the 105 and 125. I don't really want to like them. I mean they practically cost as much as irons themselves. But they weren't at all what I was expecting. Which is probably my fault. I mean I play black Velocore X driver shafts. Which you know are pretty intense when you take out a Hulk 6.0 today and it feels like a rubber band in comparison. So I just had some stuff in my head that isn't what it is. It loads. And it releases. And it launches higher than I expected. And if I had to hit a 240 yard 7i shot to save a life this is probably what I would choose. But I've also been able to hit my number pretty well. And spin it. But I'm not entirely sure I like it. I'm very very confused. Lol
Based on everything you said…what’s not to like haha? (besides price)

I do really want to try these but with alot of users seeing higher launch, I dont think they are something I would fit in to or like

I do really want to try these but with alot of users seeing higher launch, I dont think they are something I would fit in to or like
I think that's pretty typical graphite. I've been able to knock it down well when needed.

Highlights -

- First one was thin. Lol Shocker.
- Doesn't feel like a 130g shaft
- Doesn't feel like a very low torque shaft
- Flies a little higher "really easy to flight high"
- Stable and seems consistent
- Doesn't take crazy tip weighting for swing weight.
- Surprised by his ability to hit it well straight from steel

So basically everything I've said. Lol. High five Lads! ✋

Guess I'm just coming around to this reality, but TXG "reviews" are mostly useless......

It's like watching a Mark Crossfield driver review video.... Everything carries 265.... that's all..... move along.

TXG managed to buildup a cool factor, but the substance is lacking in their "review" videos. They need to do more comparison videos for point of reference.

Would be mayyybe interesting if they do a graphite iron shaft comparison video.

Back