Cobra DARKSPEED Irons

I hope we have some One Length Darkspeed in some Morgan Cup bags. They don't look bad at all!@

I need to hit these again, especially now that the grass ranges are in a better spot in my neck of the woods

I'm really curious to see and hit these. I like what I've seen in pictures a lot.

Going back over some numbers from my previous fitting session and remembering how easy the Darkspeed irons were to hit, but even more impressed by the sound and feel I experienced. Really blown away.

Anyone currently gaming Darkspeed irons? What has your experience been thus far?
I picked up a 6 iron to give it a try (also needed something to slot in between my 7 iron and 5 hybrid) so far this is really fitting the bill and I can't wait to get a full set of these. Iron is definitely forgiving. Thin shots fly like normal, slightly toey shots fly like normal. It's been a good addition to my bag for the couple rounds I have in this season.

I picked up a 6 iron to give it a try (also needed something to slot in between my 7 iron and 5 hybrid) so far this is really fitting the bill and I can't wait to get a full set of these. Iron is definitely forgiving. Thin shots fly like normal, slightly toey shots fly like normal. It's been a good addition to my bag for the couple rounds I have in this season.
It was funny when I hit a couple with these at the Cobra demo event. I was gassed out from hitting about 150 hybrid and FW shots. Popped a 7i with the stock regular shaft. Just said to the fitter "I mean these are just swing and straight". And proceeded to hit one flush down the middle. No effort needed. I think me and the Darkspeeds are going to be good friends.

LTDx was fun, AJ was really good, based on my limited exposure, these are simply fantastic. Will need to think about shafts and balls to make them spin enough and decent steep enough for me to hold greens. I'm spin challenged...

It was funny when I hit a couple with these at the Cobra demo event. I was gassed out from hitting about 150 hybrid and FW shots. Popped a 7i with the stock regular shaft. Just said to the fitter "I mean these are just swing and straight". And proceeded to hit one flush down the middle. No effort needed. I think me and the Darkspeeds are going to be good friends.

LTDx was fun, AJ was really good, based on my limited exposure, these are simply fantastic. Will need to think about shafts and balls to make them spin enough and decent steep enough for me to hold greens. I'm spin challenged...
I am there with you on spin issues but that is a thing for me across all irons. The one opportunity I had to hit these I was hitting some lasers but my spin and descent angle were not in a great range. Distance is definitely not a problem so maybe have them a bit weaker in loft to help in those areas.

Agree with earlier posts look good in pictures but way better in person.

I am there with you on spin issues but that is a thing for me across all irons. The one opportunity I had to hit these I was hitting some lasers but my spin and descent angle were not in a great range. Distance is definitely not a problem so maybe have them a bit weaker in loft to help in those areas.

Agree with earlier posts look good in pictures but way better in person.
I was thinking the same, that weaken by 1-2° and pair with a spinnier shaft...

8 iron session done.
Continues to be a 155 club for me and continues to see some really crazy good consistency. Surprisingly good back to front actually. Grouping is fairly small.

Average distance is 156.8
Its only about 3 yards longer for me than AeroJet, but I am seeing much better consistency on the scoring irons.

Saw these in hand for the first time over the weekend. They look great and I wish I'd had some time to hit them.

I am there with you on spin issues...The opportunity I had to hit these I was hitting some lasers but my spin and descent angle were not in a great range.
I'm in a very similar place as well. I liked everything about these irons, but I did struggle to keep spin high enough and decent steep enough for me to hold many greens.

They didn't have Recoils in stiff in the fitting cart, so had to do with PGI 85S and MMT 105S.

I'm a bit hesitant currently baout how well the Darkspeeds would hold greens for me.

This is a well struck one with the MMT 105S. Spin is very low...
IMG_20240322_132234.jpg

I can't wait to see the thread pop once the Morgan Cup folks are solidified

I can't wait to see the thread pop once the Morgan Cup folks are solidified
Does this mean nobody cares beforehand? Haha.
I hope people get out and try them. Fantastic irons.

Does this mean nobody cares beforehand? Haha.
I hope people get out and try them. Fantastic irons.
Fair point, they are great looking and great feeling. When I saw your post about consistency in the scoring irons you certainly got my attention back on them.

Several aspects of these irons surprised me:

- they appear more compact than I anticipated, considering the category in which they fall
- the feel & sound was very pleasing and still provided feedback when I missed the center of the clubface
- distance is there, but front to back dispersion was very consistent

I am looking forward to getting hopefully one more chance to swing the Darkspeed irons prior to bag orders, as I believe swing changes will positively affect the lower than desired spin and descent angles I experienced previously.

My favorite set in this category in the 2024 lineups.
These are going to be good in my Morgan Cup bag playing with THPers.

They are wonderful irons. I agree with the statement about how thin they are in the back. I got them with the perfect shaft for me, although with the way I’m hitting my hybrids I may be wishing that I had them with the recoil darts instead.

But the consistency of these is so much fun.

I hope we have some One Length Darkspeed in some Morgan Cup bags. They don't look bad at all!@
Question is will your bag have them.

With order deadline set, I'm looking forward to getting back to Oklahoma City to hit these one more time before placing my order. They are so good!

These will go up against the King Tours for the spot in my bag. I think Darkspeed, combined with the right shaft could be huge for me!

I can‘t wait to hit these this weekend. I know some have said they’re too low spin but that’s not a bad thing for me. At my last fitting I was getting over 7500 on my 7i. I think less spin would help me get some distance back.

Back