Cobra DARKSPEED Irons

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
One of the most exciting annual releases to learn about, yet sometimes one of the least buzzed about, are the new Cobra irons which accompany their metalwoods in each cycle. Sure, the KING Tour and Forged Tec tend to generate the most discussion when it comes to their irons, but dating back almost a decade now, for pure performance and tech, it is hard to beat their annual main iron release.

This year, that means DARKSPEED, and Cobra appears to be turning things up even more.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the best iron finishes I think I've ever seen. That dark pewter color is everything.
IMG_7973.jpeg

Last edited:
Great write-up @Jman. Oh man I love the finish on these irons. That pic with the irons in the bag, the slightly darker finish is so sexy. I was a huge fan of the Aerojet lineup and if these are better then this is a great day. Cannot wait to hit these.

Really neat about the flow in the set with how the hollow body is changing based on club. Did they do that in the forged Tec, their latest hollow offering?

The finish is stunning in hand. Any info on the durability side of it?

Damn, A LOT of tech went into these new irons. You need a degree to remember all the acronyms.

The irons do look very clean and nice.

That is a very good looking iron. It kinda reminds me of the old CONCPT irons from Titleist. The finish looks great as well as the badging.

Really nice article. I’ll be looking at these and maybe 1 or 2 others if i do new irons this year. The really seem to hit all the marks.

That they look so good, bonus.

Now we're talking. Biggest complaint I've had with Cobra GI irons is I just couldn't love the way they looked. This is a tremendous improvement. Gotta get these in hand in 24.

It's this the year I jump on the OL train?

@Jman it also looks like they tweaked the leading edge and heel on this like the ai smoke. Is that true or just an optical illusion?

Wow. Those are seriously sharp looking irons. I don't think "Cobra" when considering looks in the GI/SGI category but that changes right now. Great looks and the tech is all over the line top to bottom.

The irons look really, really good! The going hollow was something I didn't see coming, but these shot very high on my anticipation list 😍

Can't wait to test them as I think Aerojet was a big leap forward from LTDx and this looks like another true leap.

Great write up. Can’t wait to get these in hand soon. Love the look. I could see a OL experiment possibly. Color and finish on these is spectacular.

Microspheres! LOL. Cobra hasn't put out an iron recently that doesn't hit all the marks on looks and/or sound/feel and I have no doubt these will be any different. Aerojet didn't really look like GI irons at address and neither do these from the photos shown.

These look so good. From what I’ve heard that these irons have increased spin compared to previous offerings.

It's this the year I jump on the OL train?

@Jman it also looks like they tweaked the leading edge and heel on this like the ai smoke. Is that true or just an optical illusion?
They’ve always been ahead of the game there, but we didn’t get any specific information on sole alterations.

They’ve always been ahead of the game there, but we didn’t get any specific information on sole alterations.
JBs post about his experience with leading and trailing edge relief hat me in serious ponder mode.

Great write up @Jman

You're right that Cobra makes some great feeling GI irons. I'm intrigued by that triangle of metal coming in from the heel. Looks like great weight placement for those struggling with the rights.

Nice looking set of irons. The sole and top line do not look chunky. The badging is actually very respectable and not crazy. Good price point that these came in at.

That finish is NASTY, and I love the look of the sole. Looking forward to seeing these in person.

That sole has me intrigued. Looks different than previous versions no doubt

This is deep for me with a 7 iron, even more so leaving it out to the right
B3C2282F-0546-4ECB-B7AA-CA3DF8550183.jpeg

Great article! Not my type of iron, but those pictures look much better than what's been floating out on the nets. :ROFLMAO:

Back