Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

The write ups might have sold me on upgrading. Also very intrigued that the Denali Black is a standard offering.

The photos look way better than what was initially released and the tech sounds incredible!

I think we’re going to hear +12 a lot this year.

Not because it’ll be 12 yards longer than others, but because you’re going to hit this on the high toe and get more out of it than you deserve haha.

This is what @JB and I were talking about a couple weeks ago. It tells its own story.

Not because it’ll be 12 yards longer than others, but because you’re going to hit this on the high toe and get more out of it than you deserve haha.

This is what @JB and I were talking about a couple weeks ago. It tells its own story.
Padardym-ier?

That shot was everything. Possibly the most baffling, great result I have had in 15 years of doing this. Dead toe, not any movement, straight and deep.

Finally we can talk about things!!!!

Honestly, thank you for the great article, it actually answered a couple lingering questions about why I was fit into what I was...... and I will have more on that in a bit!

I know immediately if something is going to work for me or not. My concerns about not liking or feeling comfortable with the AI Smoke disappeared after one swing. Even before that, setting up to hit the Triple Diamond, the size and shape appealed to my eye. I did not pay attention to my numbers during my fitting as we were limited with time, and I had spent most of the time dialing in the irons. I ended up being fit to the AI Smoke Triple Diamond 10.5*, dialed down 1*. For the shaft, it was the Ventus TR Black 7x, at 45”. If I remember correctly, the heavy weight is the back, which provides a little more forgiveness. If you were wanting to lower spin, you could move the heavy weight forward.

One of the many things Callaway nailed was the sound/feel of the Paradym TD. They got it right on the AI Smoke as well. I do play the heavy weight forward on the Paradym TD, so that could be a factor in my perceived difference in the AI Smoke, as I found it to sound/feel slightly more toned down or mellow and more to my liking.

I felt in control of the driver during my fitting and for my first round at The Grandaddy. I had a few misses on my first day when I didn’t commit to the swing and left it out to the right, which is the miss I fight constantly. I am working with a very small sample size, but those misses seemed a little less punishing than what I get with my Paradym TD, but I am playing a longer shaft in the TD with the heavy weight forward. Outside of a few misses, everything was straight, very little movement to the side with a nice-looking trajectory.
The second day was much more of a mixed bag. I hit some great drives and some that got me into trouble. The course on the second day was more open and I should have been able to take advantage of the wider fairways with my length, but my swing was off. I was missing everything to the right. Again, the results reflected an uncommitted, unfocused swing that was influenced by a long night that preceded the round and not feeling great.

I didn’t think I would get a chance to hit the Ai TD again before the release, but was able to get out today and play and hit the TD really well. No drives that got me into trouble and I felt very much in control with it. I was able to hit my fade when needed, which is my preferred shape. Highlight was driving a par 4 from 310.

Please fire away with questions. I will dive into the numbers and have a better comparison once I can hit them on the launch monitor.

Last edited:
Finally we can talk about things!!!!

Honestly, thank you for the great article, it actually answered a couple lingering questions about why I was fit into what I was...... and I will have more on that in a bit!
Don’t hold out! We want to know

What is the feel of this driver? Firmer than the paradym?

From where is Callaway getting the “Real Player Swing Dynamics” of over 250,000 recorded swings from fitting centers and studios?

smoke GIF

After reading this Article and what some have said, I want all the smoke…

Last edited:
IMG_8241.jpeg

Not to me. It almost feels a bit denser, and the sound at impact if you liked Paradym is fantastic

IMG_8197.jpeg
Paradym TD has the stickers on the face.IMG_8205.jpegIMG_8200.jpegIMG_8201.jpeg
IMG_8206.jpeg

I am in a groove with my Paradym and not sure I am ready to tinker, but this lineup has something for everyone. The Max would be my first pick to swing and see what it can do based on my current swing.

Toey and straighter, sign me up.

That shot was everything. Possibly the most baffling, great result I have had in 15 years of doing this. Dead toe, not any movement, straight and deep.
the fact that the entire group said it to themselves at least once is telling.

We were clearly not trying to impress anyone with our play lmao

It doesn’t feel as firm to me. The Paradym has a harsher feeling in my opinion.

Don’t hold out! We want to know
Give me a couple minutes.... need to edit/fix something, and get this 3 yr old off me who won't go to bed!!!

The depth in which Ai is used mskes my head hurt thinking about it. Driver looks and sounds freakin amazing.

IMG_5554.jpeg

Padardym-ier?
the funny part out this (because I think of it every time) is that it's basically the anti 'ier concept.

They aren't throwing out buzz, they are measuring it in locations against themselves and real data. It's nothing more than what is, and it's not the same at all across the head.

Not to me. It almost feels a bit denser, and the sound at impact if you liked Paradym is fantastic
Have you played it off the deck yet. This was a new shot I learned with the Paradym

the funny part out this (because I think of it every time) is that it's basically the anti 'ier concept.

They aren't throwing out buzz, they are measuring it in locations against themselves and real data. It's nothing more than what is, and it's not the same at all across the head.
Seeing the breakdown by area of the face where the improvement was over the Paradym was really cool.

Back