Got to roll these for the first time today. Didn't roll everything, mainly the shapes I wasmost interested in. The Agera RS 30 looks so good in person just like the pictures folks have posted, and is even more compact than I expected, which is great. Feel seems similar but more refined than the prior 3D line.

In the Vintage line, Stingray still sits a little open for me but looked good otherwise. Nova looks better in person IMO than in pictures and is the shape I'd probably go with in the Vintage line. I didn't like the Pebax as much as the 3D insert. For me the feel felt a bit like a lacrosse ball. Sound was good but felt "bouncy" which isn't my preference.

The new stock grip is probably a size small for me, but the shape is nice.

Got a hard ponder going for an Agera RS 30 with some custom specs.
one persons bouncy is another's soft and comforting....

I rolled the Nova over lunch and really enjoyed that feeling.

Rolled the Nova again, it is growing on me. At first the curved cavity threw me off. Now I’m starting to appreciate the bit longer alignment line.

Last edited:
Finally got to see some of the new lineup. They only had a Nova and Supernova in LH. They had several other models in RH along with a few of the prior models. The Grandsport looked really sharp too, and of course I liked the Widesport as well. Really like what they've done with the new lineup overall. Seems like the heads were a little more compact though maybe I'm just tripping on that. Face felt really nice and rolled the ball well. All of them look sharp. More and more thinking I'd like to pickup a Nova to toy with.

Finally had a chance to get my new supernova out on the course and came away with a lot of positives and a surprise or two. Our greens are still a bit slow but the alignment and speed control seemed really good and from a use standpoint I loved what I saw. Visually it's great. I was a bit surprised at the sound, it's different from the original, I'm not sure yet if that's good or bad.

The only negative so far is that the back is narrower than the original and I couldn't pick up my ball with it like I can with the other. That's annoying but not a deal breaker with the roll it puts on the ball, just something I didn't expect to have changed.

Overall the experience was very positive and I can't wait to get back out there with it.

Finally had a chance to get my new supernova out on the course and came away with a lot of positives and a surprise or two. Our greens are still a bit slow but the alignment and speed control seemed really good and from a use standpoint I loved what I saw. Visually it's great. I was a bit surprised at the sound, it's different from the original, I'm not sure yet if that's good or bad.

The only negative so far is that the back is narrower than the original and I couldn't pick up my ball with it like I can with the other. That's annoying but not a deal breaker with the roll it puts on the ball, just something I didn't expect to have changed.

Overall the experience was very positive and I can't wait to get back out there with it.
I’d love to hear your description on the difference in sound between this and the OG when you get a little more time with it.

I’d love to hear your description on the difference in sound between this and the OG when you get a little more time with it.
Going off of memory I feel like the OG was a bit more muted but the newer one makes a bit more of a ting sound when making a longer putt. Less noticeable on shorter puts. The alignment though is really good and I've been snuggling up a lot of longer putts than what I feel like I had been. It's a keeper but that sound is definitely different.

So on my quest to see a widesport in hand, I swung by the shop and rolled the putters this evening. The Grandsport was really growing on. It seemed to have a really nice balance in hand. I was most impressed with and noticed the audible feedback. It would tell me when I strayed from center, yet the 3D printing protected me those mis-hits.

I also think I’m pretty addicted to the DLT face technology. It works so well for me in keeping consistent roll. When I would roll a different one I would simply hear the ball skidding more on some putts. The Cobra line simply didn’t nearly as much. The face tech is real.

The way I look at it, there are putters in the market that help if you are all over face with strike. There are putters that can really dial in your alignment. If you are one that sees your golf ball bouncing and skidding off the face, presenting a variable shaft lean, these Cobra putters you should really seek out.

I have an Agera RS 30 on the way, and I can't wait to get it

I have an Agera RS 30 on the way, and I can't wait to get it
I may be following in your shoes with the Grandsport after today’s session in the store. It was feeling really comfortable.

I’ve been burned before, but allegedly a store near me has a widesport I can demo

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

It was really good. It presents so much more refined than the last iteration in my opinion. The Pebax feels great and rolled in my first 8 foot putt with it in hand. There will be some happy Morgan Cuppers if they pick this.

That said, the Grandsport was also good and has kinda wormed into the equation. My plan is to head back to the shop tomorrow when I can take both models onto the outdoor green and really give them a workout.

It was really good. It presents so much more refined than the last iteration in my opinion. The Pebax feels great and rolled in my first 8 foot putt with it in hand. There will be some happy Morgan Cuppers if they pick this.

That said, the Grandsport was also good and has kinda wormed into the equation. My plan is to head back to the shop tomorrow when I can take both models onto the outdoor green and really give them a workout.
I have both. I played the Grandsport last year. I haven’t gotten any time in with the Widesport yet this season.

More thoughts to come on the Grandsport vs Widesport
IMG_8284.jpeg

It was a great morning spending some time with the Grandsport and Widesport and getting to test both outside.

For me, the pebax insert on the Widesport Vintage was even more noticeable outside on the longer putts. It felt that it became softer. I’ll be curious to see if other how the same reaction once these get into more hands. It is very much an insert and I love that Cobra provided the options.

Furthermore, the audible feedback on the Widesport was very present for strike. It let me know when I started to stray towards the toe and wasn’t too mushy. I’d almost say it was too responsive as a couple strikes didn’t sound great, but that was very much me putting poor strokes on it, to be fair.

The Grandsport 3D printed was clearly firmer than the widesport as to be expected. There was a denseness to the strike that seemed missing in the earlier generation. I’m not sure if it’s the different aluminum, the MIM shaping to further enclose the 3D lattice, or what, but it felt much more solid than the prior model.

For me, I started to appreciate the three line alignment lines of the various sizes on the Grandsport. The topline and that alignment mark gives a nice solid frame to aligning the putter. It’s a bit different so it may not resonate with traditionalists but it grew on me as I had it out in the sun.

The benefits of the DLT face have been mentioned here and plenty in the thread from the prior release so I won’t expound there, but will share a quick story. A gentleman with a high end milled putter was testing a new grip. We got to talking and he asked me, “how does your ball roll so well on this bumpy spring green?” I explained the tech and I’m pretty sure he was going to head into the store to demo them when I left. 😎

It was a great morning spending some time with the Grandsport and Widesport and getting to test both outside.

For me, the pebax insert on the Widesport Vintage was even more noticeable outside on the longer putts. It felt that it became softer. I’ll be curious to see if other how the same reaction once these get into more hands. It is very much an insert and I love that Cobra provided the options.

Furthermore, the audible feedback on the Widesport was very present for strike. It let me know when I started to stray towards the toe and wasn’t too mushy. I’d almost say it was too responsive as a couple strikes didn’t sound great, but that was very much me putting poor strokes on it, to be fair.

The Grandsport 3D printed was clearly firmer than the widesport as to be expected. There was a denseness to the strike that seemed missing in the earlier generation. I’m not sure if it’s the different aluminum, the MIM shaping to further enclose the 3D lattice, or what, but it felt much more solid than the prior model.

For me, I started to appreciate the three line alignment lines of the various sizes on the Grandsport. The topline and that alignment mark gives a nice solid frame to aligning the putter. It’s a bit different so it may not resonate with traditionalists but it grew on me as I had it out in the sun.

The benefits of the DLT face have been mentioned here and plenty in the thread from the prior release so I won’t expound there, but will share a quick story. A gentleman with a high end milled putter was testing a new grip. We got to talking and he asked me, “how does your ball roll so well on this bumpy spring green?” I explained the tech and I’m pretty sure he was going to head into the store to demo them when I left. 😎

So which one went home with you?

More thoughts to come on the Grandsport vs Widesport
View attachment 9256979

The Cobra putters do put such a good roll on the ball. I’d hope more people try them.

Back