Who Is Using UST Mamiya LINQ Blue?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Tell me about it.

I've been playing the UST Mamiya LINQ Blue since last May when I won it in the Shaft Up #1 contest

This shaft and driver have changed my tee game, gaining 15-20 yards and keeping me in play more than ever before. Buddies have told me my tee game must be illegal. I love this LINQ Blue shaft and if I move to another driver head, this shaft is coming with me!

I'm using it in my driver and 3 wood. Love the feel. Fits my transition perfectly. Smooth to load but tons of head control. 6F5 in the driver, 7F5 in the 3wood

I hope to try it soon. I’ve been scouring eBay in hopes of finding a deal on one. Very interested in the feedback ITT.

I’ve swung one maybe 5 times or so at a driving range. It’s a really nice feeling shaft that also felt stable. Usually there’s a compromise between feel and stability but I felt like the LinQ Blue didn’t compromise either. It launched at the top end of what I’d like to see, but the ball didn’t float. I’d think this shaft would be in the meaty part of the bell curve where it’ll fit a lot of swings.

Strongly considering it for my 3 wood!! Love the black in my driver and want to hear thoughts of others

• Admin
I hope to try it soon. I’ve been scouring eBay in hopes of finding a deal on one. Very interested in the feedback ITT.
Be really careful of pulls. you just never know how much heat was used

I have it in driver and 3 wood. I love it. It loads easily and is very stable with a hint of kick at the bottom. When I’m swinging well, I get a ball flight with a piercing trajectory.

• Admin
I have it in driver and 3 wood. I love it. It loads easily and is very stable with a hint of kick at the bottom.
Oooh. I love the sound or this

It’s one I have never tried.. I should.

Strongly considering it for my 3 wood!! Love the black in my driver and want to hear thoughts of others
why the mixed black and blue woods. Iove the feel in black driver can really load and stay connected... curious why not black again... higher launch with blue?

Have it available in driver, have a spare, and ordered a 70 gram for a Frankenstein utility iron. Found it had a good window off the face but was seeing more shot consistency out of Black. Can’t wait to test in the Utility though.

Have it available in driver, have a spare, and ordered a 70 gram for a Frankenstein utility iron. Found it had a good window off the face but was seeing more shot consistency out of Black. Can’t wait to test in the Utility though.
So you’re saying you like it? :)

I ultimately settled on the black for my driver and being that UPS folded my 3wd in half, the blue will be put in my 3wd as I loved them both.

Always wanted to try but found another shaft that worked well before I bought one

I have it paired with Rogue ST Max LS, and played it all last season, and will play it for the foreseeable future. It’s a great fit for me.

I have 105ish swing speed, fairly good tempo, and a negative to neutral angle of attack with the driver swing. I am able to flight it a bit better than my previous shaft. I am not great at describing feel, other than to say I do feel it load, but not all of the time. I like the stability.

I had a great 2022 on the course in competitive play, and hitting fairways was a big piece to my success.

why the mixed black and blue woods. Iove the feel in black driver can really load and stay connected... curious why not black again... higher launch with blue?
Curious if a slightly softer tip section to give me a club off the tee I can hit more easily from right to left

Curious if a slightly softer tip section to give me a club off the tee I can hit more easily from right to left
curious to hear your results! st 3w is a bomber this should make it even better!

I have one in my UW and it’s fantastic. Great launch, huge distance. I’ve outdrove some guys using drivers recently.

I have read good things but have not had the chance to swing on yet....

I have it in my driver (currently have Rogue ST Max D). I’ve enjoyed my time with this shaft the last year and half (despite all the trouble my driver game has been in). When I keep my tempo smooth the shaft feels great, when I get too quick I seem to lose feel for the head (that's just a me thing, as the shaft is very stable and able to support aggressive transitions).

Last edited:
Haven’t tried it but plan to this year!

How does this compare to AV Raw Blue?
Where is everyone picking these up at?

Back