The Official 2024 NFL Thread

It will be interesting to see what the Bills do.
The draft just got a lot more interesting. Second half of last year Diggs did not look great not sure if it was him , the play calling or a disconnect with Josh Allen. Something has seemed to be up since the playoff loss to the Bengals.

Meanwhile the Cowboys

Encourage Lets Go GIF by Travis
No doubt…. Looks to me like they’re preparing for a reset. Lame duck year.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
The draft just got a lot more interesting. Second half of last year Diggs did not look great not sure if it was him , the play calling or a disconnect with Josh Allen. Something has seemed to be up since the playoff loss to the Bengals.
Have to find a #1 receiver for Allen. Have pick #28. Draft is deep with WR talent but most of the good ones will be gone by #28.

the implosion of the Bills has begun.......lol
Is losing Diggs an implosion, though? He's been checked out from the Bills for some time now. No point in keeping someone that doesnt want to be there.

Have to find a #1 receiver for Allen. Have pick #28. Draft is deep with WR talent but most of the good ones will be gone by #28.
I am assuming Beane has a plan in place to package a number of picks including next years first if necessary to move up significantly. If not this may turn out to be a not great move. Last year Diggs did not look like a great #1 receiver for whatever reason. Hopefully a rookie can step in and be great but i know there are no guarantees.

Stroud gets himself a fancy receiver now...
While I dont think it's the end of the world for the Bills, I think it's a massive pickup for Stroud and the Texans. Veteran WR will aide Stroud tremendously.

While I dont think it's the end of the world for the Bills, I think it's a massive pickup for Stroud and the Texans. Veteran WR will aide Stroud tremendously.
Don't disagree with this at all, even though he did perform well with his receiving corps last year. I think getting Diggs in there IF he's buying in will be huge for him and the team.

Is losing Diggs an implosion, though? He's been checked out from the Bills for some time now. No point in keeping someone that doesnt want to be there.
Good point. Other than the dead cap hit i have no problem because watching every game he has looked checked out . There was a time him and Allen were tight , locked in and it showed. Since the Bengals playoff loss everything changed. Obvious things were not right and Diggs did not look like Diggs so the whole implosion thing is overblown. Even with Diggs here they needed to get a legit #1 playmaking receiver because Diggs for whatever reason was no longer that guy. The only player whose absence would cause an implosion is Josh Allen and he is still here. I expect Beane has a plan.

I am assuming Beane has a plan in place to package a number of picks including next years first if necessary to move up significantly. If not this may turn out to be a not great move. Last year Diggs did not look like a great #1 receiver for whatever reason. Hopefully a rookie can step in and be great but i know there are no guarantees.
Send a bunch of picks to the 49ers for Ayuk. he wants out and the 49ers need cap space coming up soon

Send a bunch of picks to the 49ers for Ayuk. he wants out and the 49ers need cap space coming up soon
I like this . I think the only issue would be finding cap space for an extension and as of now they don't have it particularly with the 31 million dollar dead cap hit for Diggs if in fact that is what it is.

Even though Jerry said they are 'All In'

Just a joke...
Yeah… “Jerry speak”… the only all in I see is likely an extension to Parsons/Lamb. And all in on being quiet for the 2024 off season.

Just realized the second round pick is Minnesotas 2025 second round pick in 2025 and not even this year. That and the 31 million dollar dead cap hit is not good . Something is going on and they felt they had to get rid of him because this makes zero sense.

Diggs dropped so many important passes in crucial losses last year. Long ball against KC in the playoff loss. A very long pass in last minute against NE when we lost. Open and hit him in the chest. He has just become to much of a distraction. Addition by subtraction. Change my mind.

I like this . I think the only issue would be finding cap space for an extension and as of now they don't have it particularly with the 31 million dollar dead cap hit for Diggs if in fact that is what it is.
Looks like two rookie wide outs in the draft.

Color me shocked another high paid receiver was traded not too long after the QB of that team signs a massive deal.

I don't think this hurts them too much. Allen is the only guy close to Mahomes stratosphere IMO and i think he'll put a high level offense on the field no matter who they have. They will likely draft someone as mentioned and then sign a value veteran on a one year deal....take a chance on someone like that , like the Chiefs did with Montezumah Valdez Scalding or any example like that

I am guessing Cole Beasley is very available

Good point. Other than the dead cap hit i have no problem because watching every game he has looked checked out . There was a time him and Allen were tight , locked in and it showed. Since the Bengals playoff loss everything changed. Obvious things were not right and Diggs did not look like Diggs so the whole implosion thing is overblown. Even with Diggs here they needed to get a legit #1 playmaking receiver because Diggs for whatever reason was no longer that guy. The only player whose absence would cause an implosion is Josh Allen and he is still here. I expect Beane has a plan.
they started throwing the ball to Shakir, and SD wasn't getting it. Then they went to the run, meaning SD wasn't getting the ball. Also the fact that Josh wasn't too good last year. Can't blame the highpaid QB for not getting into the SB when everybody else around him is getting released or traded.

Media reactions:
The Bills are retooling while trying to keep a championship window open with 27-year-old Allen leading the charge.

The wide receiver room looks like it is lacking a No. 1 option. Of the five wide receivers who caught a pass for the Bills in 2023, only one remains: Khalil Shakir. Buffalo acquired Curtis Samuel in free agency this offseason, but there's no doubt the room is lacking a No. 1 receiver and arguably a No. 2 -- Davis signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars in free agency -- with Samuel more of a versatile player who can be used all over the field.

There's no way around it, the Bills are resetting this offseason and entering a new era. Six of the team's eight captains are not on the roster, with only Allen and Von Miller remaining.

Last edited:
Back