The Disney World Thread

Not surprising, the fruit drink is mine and the bourbon my wife’s.

Disney at Christmas

IMG_0880.jpeg

That looks like the fancy bar at GF. Solid choice if that’s it
Yes, staying tonight at GF then move to AK once the boys get down here. First time staying here for Christmas

We’re heading down Saturday. 2 days Disney 1 day at universal.

How long would you wait for a cookie?

IMG_0957.jpeg

Just got home and my wife said, we have to do this again. Flying on Christmas Eve was such a breeze and surprisingly Disney was not all that busy the last few days.

For those going in 2024, the new fireworks show in Epcot is fantastic. It’s very moving and fits Epcot perfectly. The music flows nicely and hearing Walt himself saying Welcome is a nice added touch.

IMG_1047.jpeg

Just got home and my wife said, we have to do this again. Flying on Christmas Eve was such a breeze and surprisingly Disney was not all that busy the last few days.

For those going in 2024, the new fireworks show in Epcot is fantastic. It’s very moving and fits Epcot perfectly. The music flows nicely and hearing Walt himself saying Welcome is a nice added touch.

View attachment 9232325
That may be a sign of the times and prices more than anything. I’ve seen Christmas Eve and day very much at capacity and just a giant effing nope.

That may be a sign of the times and prices more than anything. I’ve seen Christmas Eve and day very much at capacity and just a giant effing nope.
I do think Christmas Eve and thru most of this coming week Magic Kingdom is at capacity. So, probably a lot more crazy now than prior week.

Last edited:
Went last year for our sons first birthday in Paris. Was great fun and a little chilly but an all around good time. Will be going back in June for our daughters first

View attachment 9232325
We were in Epcot on the day Luminous premiered. The same day that the walls came down. As soon as we saw all the vloggers showing up, yammering into their cameras, we noped on out. Played mini golf at the Fantasia course and watched the fireworks from the parking lot of the Swan Reserve. We'll be back on January 20th and will see the fireworks show then.

And many locals, have just moved on From the parks.
Leave it for those leaving the shittier cities to pay for.

100%. They’ll keep it at capacity on their own accord, and that’s fine. But not my dilemma.

I don’t know what to make of it but the amount of foreigners here amazes me. It’s always been present when I’ve come before but it seems like a lot lot more these past two days.

The parks themselves are busy, but I’ve seen them busier.

The 5 minute walk from beach club to world showcase and skyliner has me rethinking every future Disney vacation.

I can’t even imagine these people camping out 7+ hours for fireworks
The MK NYE fireworks are pretty legit, but the whiteout at Epcot is friggin awesome. But yeah not 7hrs

I don’t know what to make of it but the amount of foreigners here amazes me. It’s always been present when I’ve come before but it seems like a lot lot more these past two days.

The parks themselves are busy, but I’ve seen them busier.

The 5 minute walk from beach club to world showcase and skyliner has me rethinking every future Disney vacation.
This is why we always, always stay at an Epcot hotel, and usually the Swolphin complex (besides the fact that we tend to be able to stay for free because of Bonvoy points.)

Back