The Disney World Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Im not sure a thread is needed, but I know there are quite a few here that enjoy the theme parks and I know a few others that know just about everything there is to know about the parks. With some of our events being in Orlando and people making mention that they were planning the trip to Disney as well, I thought the timing was right.

Before this year, I had not been to Disney world in 25 years, despite it being so close (lived 10 minutes from it for a year). This year we have been twice and both times had an absolute blast.

I have never been, but we are planning to take my daughter over thanksgiving for her first visit as well. Will definitely subscribe to this thread for any tips. Thanks!

This is perfect timing! We are heading down there the saturday after thanksgiving with 11 people for 8 days. I've had to plan this whole thing and it really hasn't been to bad. Has anyone used the new MyMagic bands and the Fastpass+ system? We are part of the large trial before it goes live and was intersted in some feedback.

We were there this summer. That trip was the reason I did not make the Branson event. The family loves going there, but I believe it will be are last time for awhile. There are many other places I want to take the kids before they head of to college in a few years.

Good timing. ..my bro is there this week hopefully he can chime in.
Ive been to a few parks but nothing in the last 8 years or so

I've been to Disney World 4 times, Disneyland once, and did my first Disney cruise in May. To say that my wife and I are Disney people would be an understatement. We took our 2 year old son to Disney World last month and it was a blast. I visted Disneyland after going to Disney World twice, and I must say it was quite a letdown. It just doesn't even compare.

OhioMatt- we used the Fastpass+ one time last month and it worked well. I didn't have much use for it though as the lines for any ride were never more than 10 minutes long.

Going to the Epcot Food & Wine Festival next Saturday, the 19th. Have been once before but my girlfriend hasn't so I got us tickets for her bday. Hopefully this cool weather will continue.

We are quite the Disney addicted family (not so much the wife, but she tolerates our daughter and my obsession). We have gone twice a year for the past 4 years. We have a blast each time. We have gone at all times of the year and have been to most special "hard ticket" events except Star Wars weekends and will be taking our first cruise this summer. During the summer we saw many people with the new Magic Bands and did not see any issues. I have heard you tend to spend more because it is easy to swipe your wrist and get what you want. You have a pin number to enter which provides an extra layer of protection if lost. Other than that make sure you plan your fast passes in advance but don't forget at this point you can still use the regular fast pass system because you are only testing for Disney.

This thread should be sponsored or brought to you by Mward. Guy is there almost every other week. :bananadance:

Flynnie, what ship are you sailing on? We were on the Dream and it was awesome. Castaway Cay is very nice and relaxing.

I did schedule my fastpasses ahead of time. With those, dinner reservations, and planned nap times (taking a 1.5,4,4,5 year old kids) it was quite the process getting everything timed out without overlap. We will also be attending Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. They say the first part of December is quite dead because families wait until Christmas break to head there. Anyone been there in the first part of December?

We took the boys (4 and 2 at the time) last year after really struggling on where to take young kids on vacation. They had a great time of course and called Magic Kingdom the Mickey Carnival and Animal Kingdon the Mickey Zoo.

I had been before (granted almost 20 years before) but the number one takeaway for me was how incredible their customer service was, particularly in the parks, with every person geared toward making your experience the best possible, even when that specific person is not going to directly help Disney make a single dollar off of you.

Never been here before this week. What a perfect time for this thread. Went to Epcot Tuesday which was a blast, some awesome rides. Yesterday we went to magic Kingdom which had good rides but had some awesome lazor light show and fireworks on the castle. And today were off to Hollywood studios for some more fun

Somewhat professional here. We have the season passes and go once a month. Definitely worth it if you have kids in Florida. We really do have the best time every time we go. My 2 year old just turned 3 and it's awesome every time!

Disney World? Never heard of it.

I go once a year with the family and some other family's around Christmas, but my wife & Child usually go 3 or 4 times, we always stay at one of the hotels on the monorail, usually the Contemporary Hotel, because you can also walk to & from Magic kingdom. The the next day they usually go to Hollywood Studios Park because my son LOVES the Star Wars Jedi Training Academy & I go play golf.

We love everything about it, from the food and wine festival at Epcot to watching the fireworks from the roof tops of local hotels, it truly is magical and makes me feel like a kid. We go often.

I would be a rich man if it wasn't for Disney World. I have spent at least 1 month there each of the last 5 years with the wife and kids. I will be down there again for Christmas and New Years. I think Christmas is the best time and if you can go early December it is usually way less crowded. Especially if you can do it during the week.

Never been here before this week. What a perfect time for this thread. Went to Epcot Tuesday which was a blast, some awesome rides. Yesterday we went to magic Kingdom which had good rides but had some awesome lazor light show and fireworks on the castle. And today were off to Hollywood studios for some more fun

Star Tours is a must at Hollywood studios.
Toy Story Mania is good too. Although not as good as the Buzz Lightyear ride at Magic Kingdom

I would be a rich man if it wasn't for Disney World. I have spent at least 1 month there each of the last 5 years with the wife and kids. I will be down there again for Christmas and New Years. I think Christmas is the best time and if you can go early December it is usually way less crowded. Especially if you can do it during the week.
Sweet! We are going Nov 30 - Dec 7, sounds like it should be a great time to go.

Toy Story Mania is good too. Although not as good as the Buzz Lightyear ride at Magic Kingdom
Strange you say that because the wait for Toy Story Mania is always crazy long and Buzz isn't to bad. I wonder if its the lack on good rides in Hollywood Studios?

Yeah we rode the buzz lightyear. Had a good time, the picture that you can get at the end of the ride shows me intensely shooting while my wife is looking at our scores with a disgusting look on her face as my score was 3 times hers at that point. It was classic

If anyone ever has any questions about Universal Orlando I'll be glad to answer. I'm kinda an expert. Get to those parks and hotels 6 or 7 times a year.

OhioMatt - you have my sympathy. Went with 13 a couple years ago. 8 day trip. Drove down with wife & our two sons, my Mom & Dad, my Sister, her husband & three kids. Mother inlaw & Step father inlaw flew down and met us. We rented an awesome 6 bedroom house less than 10 mins from the parks. It was the first week of December and they had a cold snap - down in the 30's at night and didn't get out of the 40's during the day. Wasn't too bad for some hearty Ohioans but sure was funny to watch the shops sell out of hoodies after dark.

Our group did just about everything together mostly because the grandparents wanted to see the grandkids enjoying the Magic Kingdom. It was a little burdensome trying to keep everyone fed and bathroom breaks were insane... I would take off for FastPasses ever chance I got.

We didn't plan our meals very well. You need reservations for any of the non-fast food type places. We didn't get very many reservations so the food got old pretty quick. I've heard positive things about the non-fast food restaurants so if that's something you're interested in be sure to figure out the reservation system.

It's a lot of fun just be sure to bring your patience. We are just starting to plan a trip back there for next year, likely early December again.

Jenn and I have been to Disney a couple of times in the last few years. For the outing at Grand Cypress we headed down early and spent time there. Some of my favorites are, Star Tours(HS), Splash Mountain(MK), Space Mountain(MK), Expedition Everest(WK), Buzz Lightyear(MK), Monsters Inc Laugh Factory(MK), Mission Space(EC). One thing I hate about that place is the crowds. Being in big crowds drives me crazy I just get really uncomfortable with them and there it's just unavoidable.

Back