Shot Scope X5 Watch

Any suggestions on getting this to sync? It's just been stuck here for a long time.

1711942160817.png

Tried all of that with no luck.

They've been pretty much useless in the past so I have not yet.
It took some clicking and installs to get mine to work, I was not thrilled about the non-functionality of it, especially since I dislike most everything technology based. Once it was working though, it's been great. It is hard to say that once it works it'll be fine, since you paid a couple hundred bucks for it. I do really like it though.

Tried all of that with no luck.

They've been pretty much useless in the past so I have not yet.
Did you try a hard reset?

And just like that, it decides to connect and update the course. 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully the update was to fix the problem I was told wasn't a problem.
Just happy that it happened.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
After having issues finding the satellite a couple rounds ago I've now had 2 rounds without issue.

Uggh.

I'd give another call to CS or email. We've got to get you squared away in less than a month here.
I will. Just frustrating when I've already told them, through multiple channels and it is just met with me being told I'm confused. I've played this course hundreds of times, I think I know which side is the front and which is the back.

Finally got the issue fixed with not being able to sync my first round. Wasn't a big deal. Just had to log out, close the app, shutdown the watch. And then open everything back up and Wallah! Syncing completed. I'm looking forward to not having to pay for a subscription as I did with Arccos but have pretty much the same functionality and data. It seems like it's very similar so far.

And I kept forgetting to use the PinCollect function at each green. That is a cool function I didn't have when I used my Galaxy watch with Arccos. I had to take out my phone and tag the pin location... Love that I can just do it with a quick tap on my X5 watch now.

These might be very useful features... A lot of complaints on rain with touchscreen.

Will THP green be a specialized color? @GavinwithaR1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240405-095952.png
    Screenshot_20240405-095952.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 22
These might be very useful features... A lot of complaints on rain with touchscreen.

Will THP green be a specialized color? @GavinwithaR1
Absolutely - the rain is a killer on the touchscreen, so is the cold. It didn't work well so I'm looking forward to that update.

I used My Strategy for the first time last night. Let's see if it helps on this Sunday's round. Pretty cool feature from Shot Scope!

How much has it helped your game?

Looking forward to the new updates coming for the X5. I think I am going to hold firm and stay with the X5 as it suits my needs.

I kept forgetting to use the PinCollect function at each green.
There is a "Pin Reminder" that can be enabled in Settings. I don't know how it works, as what I typically forget is to mark my first putt in Manual putting mode, which I realize when I go to either mar my 2nd putt or the hole location.

Such a fantastic feature that really makes this a tremendous unit. Loved being able to verify coverage without needing to laser every point.
IMG_1598.jpeg

Is there a way to look at how many strokes on the current hole you're on before the finishing the hole and entering to the total?

Such a fantastic feature that really makes this a tremendous unit. Loved being able to verify coverage without needing to laser every point.
View attachment 9255010
This!! Great to quickly see the yardage to hazards without having to hit everything with laser. It makes choosing a line much quicker and more easy

I will. Just frustrating when I've already told them, through multiple channels and it is just met with me being told I'm confused. I've played this course hundreds of times, I think I know which side is the front and which is the back.
Much better interacting with customer service this time ago, I think they fixed the problem. Will find out for sure hopefully in the next couple days.

Where are the rest of you at with scoring and putting modes? I quit trying to keep score with all the other glitches I was fighting initially (honestly don't think I'll go back to trying to keep score on there as I'm pretty happy using the GHIN app for that). I finally remembered to switch it back to manual putting since I did the factory reset, had way better luck with this than using the tag and auto, but maybe the auto is better now?

I'm still finding the post round editing to be rather cumbersome, though having the putting situation back to manual so help. Have you all found that you've gotten better with little things in round that makes this easier as you use it more? Any pointers?

A few hiccups yesterday with the X5 and getting used to some of the new features, but I do like having the access to the data again. I noticed that the auto-putting mode wasn't picking up any of my putts, which was a bit annoying, but I'll attempt to remedy that this week. I am still struggling with getting a good spot for it on my wrist so that my glove doesn't press on the buttons - I sort of wish there was a left/right wrist option for these, or the ability to flip the case around and put the buttons at the top.

Back