McLovin's Journey to Improve

working on the same bowed wrist feel but now adding in a feel to load into the trail hip in the backswing. i feel like i was a lot more balanced, and the face doesn’t look like it’s closing so hard.
IMG_0458.jpeg
View attachment RPReplay_Final1691605820.mov

@McLovin 181 carry with your 7 iron is pretty impressive. That's like my 11 wood.

Arms are in a great spot at the top and the weight shift back to impact is looking good. Really nice balanced finish as well. This is a good one. 👊

Arms are in a great spot at the top and the weight shift back to impact is looking good. Really nice balanced finish as well. This is a good one. 👊

not loving the very first move from the top where my hands kind of kick away from the body. but i think that's because my arms are traveling a little too far and i'm losing some connection. i think if i can shorten the amount the arms travel (cannot BELIEVE i'm actually saying that), that first move might take care of itself. it's not a focus yet, i think the bowed wrist and lower body spacing is a lot more important. once that is more natural, i'm ok to shift the focus to a more compact and efficient position at the top.

not loving the very first move from the top where my hands kind of kick away from the body. but i think that's because my arms are traveling a little too far and i'm losing some connection.
Yep, this is the thing I really don't like about my swing right now too. It looks too close to the OTT move I've battled so long. I think it's a connection thing to and its the reason I've started the smart ball training. I need to feel like I'm shortening my back swing and 'hanging back' just a bit in transition to stay connected.

Good lookin progress. Do you normally get 5600 out of a 7i?

Good lookin progress. Do you normally get 5600 out of a 7i?

i got 3,800 out of one today lmao. 5,600 is actually pretty good 7i spin for me.

i'm usually pretty low spin, and these pro 225 irons lend themselves to be lower spin as well. i play a somewhat spinny ball and don't have trouble holding greens, so as long as i can keep my launch up i'm ok to be on the lower end of that spectrum.

the mizuno pro 225 have some serious pop in them

I use the Callaway 7 iron Mavrik and my carry is around 160 with 10 yard roll out, maybe a little more. :LOL:

my last few rounds have been so much better. driver is in play with decent length. irons are feeling so much better. the lesson earlier in the month was helpful, and i really think the gc3 has been instrumental in allowing me to monitor the path and attack. not saying i've figured it out, but confidence is coming back.

my last few rounds have been so much better. driver is in play with decent length. irons are feeling so much better. the lesson earlier in the month was helpful, and i really think the gc3 has been instrumental in allowing me to monitor the path and attack. not saying i've figured it out, but confidence is coming back.

I would appreciate it if you would downplay the role of the launch monitor to your progress … well, my wife would appreciate it! 😂

I would appreciate it if you would downplay the role of the launch monitor to your progress … well, my wife would appreciate it! 😂

i wouldn’t recommend it as a stand-alone training aid. obviously it’s too expensive but i also think it should be used with the guidance of a good instructor who can give you the feels and drills and understanding of what you need to be working on which can then be affirmed and assisted by the monitor when you’re practicing on your own.

i wouldn’t recommend it as a stand-alone training aid. obviously it’s too expensive but i also think it should be used with the guidance of a good instructor who can give you the feels and drills and understanding of what you need to be working on which can then be affirmed and assisted by the monitor when you’re practicing on your own.
Well done. 👍

That eagle validated that!

I'm struggling with something similar at the top as well. I see what you mean by sweaty. I was at the range Friday and for the first time I could not keep my hands dry and had to quit half way through the session due to the sweat and just being gassed due to the heat.

a couple sweaty swings. still not happy with the first move from the top. need to work on a shorter backswing. arms are overrunning.

4i
View attachment 9201566
driver

View attachment 9201567

currently hooking the crap out of the ball. this is such a stupid game. so ty and i are getting back together this week. gc3 is telling me that i'm doing well with path so i think it's a face thing, but we'll see what he says.

currently hooking the crap out of the ball. this is such a stupid game. so ty and i are getting back together this week. gc3 is telling me that i'm doing well with path so i think it's a face thing, but we'll see what he says.
Keep pushing. You will get back to normal.

Are you rocking new irons?

really good lesson with ty today. i’m still starting the downswing with the left shoulder, but then to fake the inside path i’m standing up and trying to drop the club behind me.

so we worked on a more neutral (less shut) face in the takeaway, and from the top feel like i’m dropping the right shoulder to tilt the plane much more to the right. we started hitting 7i off a tee but teed pretty high, and the ball was going straight up in the air with good contact. we added a feel to extend the arms through impact, which brought launch down and added compression.

we saw some of the best swings we’ve recorded in awhile.

I think the swing is looking really good. Chris, tempo is really smooth. Keep up the good work.

That’s a smooth move, Chris!

i can’t get the best video to load 😡

Back