Callaway Paradym Drivers

7C3DE446-902B-4EDF-ACA6-97D69C51875C.jpeg

Oh!!! The sound!! @Jman @Canadan tell them!! Tell them about the sound. the sound is freaking fantastic!

Ok, i've been scratching my head on "Forged Carbon". Seeing the 360 carbon chassis JB posted, I finally understand why they chose to call the material Forged Carbon. Very neat new material to use.

These will be fun to hit. I need a friend or two to get them so I can try them!

58227EA8-7FC6-4503-9214-58300E63C177.jpegD1B0E4FA-6C3D-401B-A896-68FE99E3BBE7.jpeg

Really excited to see a movable weight in this! That’s something I was sad to see the companies shift away from for a few years as I felt it really helped

This club absolutely blew this engineer's mind.

Callaway Paradym represents a paradigm shift in driver construction. Instead of a titanium chassis, the Paradym is constructed with a carbon chassis. Traditional triaxial carbon for the crown, and patented forged carbon for the sole. They are fused together with epoxy to form the complete chassis. By building the chassis with carbon instead of titanium, they are able to reduce the weight of the chassis by 44%. When we were at Callaway HQ, we were presented with breakaway models of the Paradym and Rogue ST Max drivers, and the weight savings was easily apparent. The weight savings of 22 grams in the chassis allows more weight distribution to the back of the driver. The standard Paradym has a 15g adjustable weight in the back track, which provides about 12 yards of shot shape correction.

The forged titanium face is optimized using AI technology, which has been prevalent in Callaway drivers before. The AI was also used to improve the jailbreak technology.

There are 3 models of the Paradym:

Paradym, Paradym X, and Paradym Triple Diamond. The X is more draw biased, but not as much as the Rogue D. The Triple Diamond is 450 cc, and is lower spin than the Rogue Triple Diamond LS.

We were shown a video of John Rahm hitting the new Triple Diamond, and he had an increase in ball speed for the same swing speed. In my fitting, I was able to get similar carry numbers to my Epic Max LS with the same shaft, but with 3 or so mph less swing speed. Out on course, I averaged 265 on 11 drives, with a long of 301, and not my best driver swings for most of the time out there.

One thing I picked up in the presentation was that the Paradym drivers are a degree flatter than previous drivers. This checked out on the ECPC range, where we turned the driver to the upright “D” setting to get my start line where I wanted it to be.

I really loved the sound of the driver. I'll post a couple videos of @PackersGirl Hitting a couple later. Can't get them to post directly here.
Your teammates were right about you being ready with the breakdown! :LOL: And I appreciate it!

CALLAWAY PARADYM Driver – My first impressions

When visiting Callaway in early December for the Greatest Amateur Golf Event Ever Created, The Grandaddy, we were able to listen to the brightest minds in marketing present this years lineup. Upon entering “The Room” which consisted of several long tables facing the presentation stage, a full golf simulator and a couple staff bags containing the PARADYM lineup for 2023, this is where we first were introduced to this awesome lineup.

Unfortunately, I do not have any hard numbers to present here, but I can certainly give my thoughts from a fitting with the world class fitter, Gerrit and two full rounds in La Quinta.

On fitting day it had been a few days since I picked up a club so I wasn’t sure what swing was going to show up. Thankfully it wasn’t terrible, but I was fighting the right side for sure. This happens when one of the things I work on constantly isn’t grooving. My right wrist getting turned over. Anyhow, I was able to work through it and get what I needed to happen.

I hit a pretty high ball and if anything, I am always trying to bring the flight down. I tried the Triple Diamond, but once I tried the standard PARADYM model, it just clicked. This thing was so addicting to hit. I love the sound, feel, powerful flight, distance and the thing I loved the most was the dispersion. I am usually pretty straight and can find fairways, but this was, to use the over used term, ‘point and shoot’. My confidence was growing very quickly. At one point, @Saywhat4412 said ‘Hey man, don’t burn out. We got a lot of golf to play’. I couldn’t help myself, it was just so addicting to hit.

thumbnail.jpegUnknown-2.jpeg

Well, enough of my range experience outside of equipment specifics. Below are my thoughts on the following categories : Distance, Feel, Sound, Accuracy.

All of my comparisons will be compared to my current gamer which is the Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Ventus TR Blue 6S (not fitted), Z cord grip, playing @45.25 and SW @D3

DISTANCE

I was seeing distance between 230-250 on Trackman. Which was what I was seeing on the course the following two days and in-line with my Rogue, but more consistent. This is based on yardage calculating with remaining yardage to pins. However, there were a couple drives I know were better than that. I intend on getting on monitor(s) when we receive the clubs to really get a good sample size – and specific. One big thing that sticks in my mind was the stability of PARADYM. This was HUGE for me, as I can get into trouble sometimes with off center stuff. I am certainly not a robot and off centered hits lost very little in distance. My biggest gain was down range dispersion. The PARADYM is tighter down range for me. The first day on the course with PARADYM, I didn’t feel like I had my best stuff from the tee, but day 2 I felt better with the timing and excluding a couple s**t drives, I felt like things were grooving. I am really looking forward to getting this club in-hand again. Every drive I hit I kept gaining more confidence because I was learning what to expect – which was a straight shot. I tend to guard for my right miss which can trigger a two way miss. With PARADYM, instead of all this garbage going through my head about what could happen, I learned that I need to just let it go and it went straight. One other key thing that I wish I would have done is not move away from my beloved CSXLS ball for the rounds. I do think I may have picked up a few extra yards because of the spin I put on it. Also, I will be tinkering with shafts on the driver. I went with Ventus Red 5S because I had good results with it in the past. This was no different. It worked well. This is one thing I should have done is give the stock shafts a chance and perhaps explore a couple others that I know I like. With this sample size I would say that overall distance was in line for ME compared to my Rogue, but PARADYM kept the distance and protected me from off center hit disasters. Overall, PARADYM was awesome and I know this driver will be shaving strokes this year because of the consistent distance produced even with my inconsistent swing.

FEEL

I will start this section by saying that the PARADYM driver soothed my soul. My goodness this club feels amazing. I cannot say enough about it. As I have mentioned in other posts, this driver is the most addicting driver I think I have hit. I just couldn’t get enough of it. I LOVE THE FEEL. Obviously feel is subjective and everyone will have their own opinions. My description of the feel is:
Powerful
  • Hot
  • Fast
  • Satisfying
  • Softer – This word could be misleading. It didn’t feel like a pillow, its super stable. It is just luxurious. I cannot come up with a better way to explain that word. You just have to hit it to know.

SOUND

The PARADYM driver has such a great sound (which can also be part of feel). @Tevenor took a video at the Hideaway of one of my drives and sent it to me. I have literally watched that video 100+ times just to hear the sound. It is so incredible. I absolutely love the sound. I know sound doesn’t make the ball go far or where you want, but it is absolutely something that some may find important. I do too. To date, this is the best sounding driver I have hit. The sound is intoxicating. This coupled with the CSX ball are a match made in Heaven. Wow, the sound. It’s a crisp sound that in my mind, what a driver should sound like.

ACCURACY

For me, accuracy was my big gain with the PARADYM driver. As mentioned above, I don’t not center the ball with driver every time. The PARADYM driver is as much ‘point and shoot’ as I have hit. A takeaway for me was letting the technology work and not try to do too much. It just works. I felt as though I could just let it go and it was a good result. The adjustable weight does absolutely impact flight, and this is just another tool at our disposable to get better results. My confidence with this driver is sky high. I am very sure that once in-hand again, this will continue and grow. By the end of day 2 with this driver, there was no tee shot I wouldn’t take on (Unless we are talking a 275 yd carry ala @Saywhat4412 or @templeton80 ) that just isn’t in my tank. But put me in a tight shoot where I need to hit a laser, I believe I can with PARADYM. Great job, Callaway.

CONCLUSION

I loved my EPIC drivers, all 3 (Original EPIC, EPIC Flash and EPIC max LS. I loved my Rogue ST max LS. But now, there will be a new big stick in the bag and I couldn’t be happier. The PARADYM driver brings everything together for me with distance, feel, accuracy, etc and also adds more confidence for me on the tee. I believe that further shaft exploration will only add to the distance department. This is something that I just cannot help myself. I must try new shafts. I just have to. Even if I didn’t change anything going forward, this driver will give me the best results to date in my years golfing. With the different models available, there is absolutely a PARADYM driver that will work for everyone, and I would go as far as saying that one or more of the models should be on everyone’s list to try this year.

This will only be part one of a review. Once we have the equipment in-hand and I have had a good amount of time with it, I will have much more feedback to provide.

Unknown-3.jpeg

Last edited:
Back