Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

This seems so specific to Jason Day and the routine he has setup with his mental coach that I'm not sure what the benefit would be to the general public if you don't know anything about that routine. I'm sure maybe some will then try to find out more about it, but this doesn't appeal to me.

I'm not sure what the benefit would be to the general public if you don't know anything about that routine. I'm sure maybe some will then try to find out more about it
This is me.. I identified last year that I need to sure up my mental game and become more mindful of things like focus and preshot routine. I knew nothing about Jason Day's mental approach until 5 minutes ago when reading the article. I've got 3 tabs open right now looking more into his approach to it. Everything I'm finding is from 2016-ish.

I'm not entirely sure how the mental game he describes in the video above translates to the graphics we see on this ball, if it does at all for that matter. There is a HUGE opportunity for Bridgestone to create a very strong story about Day and his mental approach to golf that doesn't seem to be out there very well now.

I'd listen if they started telling that story

This is me.. I identified last year that I need to sure up my mental game and become more mindful of things like focus and preshot routine. I knew nothing about Jason Day's mental approach until 5 minutes ago when reading the article. I've got 3 tabs open right now looking more into his approach to it. Everything I'm finding is from 2016-ish.

I'm not entirely sure how the mental game he describes in the video above translates to the graphics we see on this ball, if it does at all for that matter. There is a HUGE opportunity for Bridgestone to create a very strong story about Day and his mental approach to golf that doesn't seem to be out there very well now.

I'd listen if they started telling that story

I think it’s more about a routine than anything.

I think it’s more about a routine than anything.
Yes, most likely. But we shouldn't be sitting here guessing about it. It should be front and center with a bunch of videos with him sitting with Bstone engineers, maybe a video of him with his coach explaining why this graphic works for him, and/or some demonstrations. If we don't see that very soon and know EXACTLY what this new graphic means and how we should use it then the whole concept is dead in the water.

I dig it, but it's not what I look for when thinking about what I want on a golf ball. I feel like this is a release for Jason Day, not the masses. Whatever it takes to make you right when setting up for a shot is great, but I feel like this is a bit on the personal side for one golfer, not the rest of the world.

Yes, most likely. But we shouldn't be sitting here guessing about it. It should be front and center with a bunch of videos with him sitting with Bstone engineers, maybe a video of him with his coach explaining why this graphic works for him, and/or some demonstrations. If we don't see that very soon and know EXACTLY what this new graphic means and how we should use it then the whole concept is dead in the water.
You don’t have to tell me that, it’s exactly how I feel, and I wrote the article.

Alright, about to read the article.

Pre-read thoughts: No.
Likely won’t change. But, at least they don’t cost more.

A golf ball that needs to come with an instruction manual is... a choice. I'm all for the mental game and such, but this is just so specific to Day... At least it is an option and not on all of the balls. I'd imagine once these don't sell they will quietly disappear and you'll only find the normal versions at retail.

Alright, about to read the article.

Pre-read thoughts: No.
If you're looking for an explanation, in-depth reason why, or how every golfer can use it, then no offense to @Jman but it's just not there, from Bridgestone..... yet.

article read. Take unchanged. That's a shame.

I putt with nothing visual on the ball to distract me. I'm working on changing that, but I'll be focused on something meaningful that helps my alignment, not something that makes me think harder.

I putt with nothing visual on the ball to distract me. I'm working on changing that, but I'll be focused on something meaningful that helps my alignment, not something that makes me think harder.
But green means go, Dan! 🤣

I'm the same, much prefer to stare at the blank space on the ball vs something that tells me I am probably lined up incorrectly.

It looks interesting and may work for some. I was expecting a bigger story for some reason.
This part. I feel like Jason Day found something that works for him and they just kind of threw it on with no real explanation behind it. Do I aim the arrow at my line? Do I focus on the circles? Do I try to hit the dot in the middle? Just not really enough story or explanation behind it.

This part. I feel like Jason Day found something that works for him and they just kind of threw it on with no real explanation behind it. Do I aim the arrow at my line? Do I focus on the circles? Do I try to hit the dot in the middle? Just not really enough story or explanation behind it.
I mean, I broke down the process they’re recommending in the article. 🤣

I'm the same, much prefer to stare at the blank space on the ball vs something that tells me I am probably lined up incorrectly.
Thirded, but is this even a putting alignment aid? I don't think we even know that.

Trying way too hard. Feels like a rushed college project with a lot of words trying to justify why something looks so bad

Thirded, but is this even a putting alignment aid? I don't think we even know that.
season 1 friends GIF

Trying way too hard. Feels like a rushed college project with a lot of words trying to justify why something looks so bad
To me it feels like offering something for the sake of having something, which is interesting because they always swore they would never do that.

Reminds me of Saintnine "Mental Mates"
I'm "Meh" like most here - I'd play it and might use it if it was given to me and probably wouldn't go out of my way to purchase it.

I think that what fascinates me is the decision to create 4 additional SKU's, manufacture it and inventory it. (Not even considering the additional equipment to produce it, if needed).
Certainly marketing studies were done to determine the "Marketability" and "ROI" before they went through with it.

To me it feels like offering something for the sake of having something, which is interesting because they always swore they would never do that.
Yeah some higher up said come up with a unique alignment marking to bring to market. And they punted it to the intern.

Back