The Bucket Hat thread

I’m thinking the others are sun hats

I’m definitely a sun hat (wide brim) guy. Traditional bucket not so much.

Yeah, that’s what I would call them. They also look fine as well, although with these type of hats, really, it shouldn’t matter what they look like. I really should start wearing something with a brim. Didn’t need one in England, out here in California, a bit more of a necessity.

I just have one lone white titleist hat that I wear everywhere. Should I add another to the rotation sure, but it just works for me. Sadly arbor didn’t have anything that caught my eye. It’s not as well stocked as Bally.

I have a couple, both new this year, first is definitely for hot days walking the course this year, and big for what I think of as a Bucket Hat, but that's what they call it.

images

Then I have this more traditional type Bucket Hat, but being such a dark color I'll probably wear this one more on the water than I will golfing.

lightning_bolt_bucket_dress_blue.jpg

I just bought a Shelta Osprey. I have a Coolibar that works well too. I am a huge fan of the bucket.

Last edited:
I'm not a full convert, but I like my Srixon bucket that I have. Still think I play better in a cap, but that's a me problem.
i have to get me 1 of those, but gotta find a S/M tagged one. Saw them on a friends page and they are SWEET

Where did you get that? I don’t recall seeing it before
Pretty sure I ordered it from the Cobra website a couple of years ago.

This is the one I ordered from Callaway. I like that it offers some extra protection without being too big or floppy, and I also like the small, unstructured crown:

Bucket.png

I had previously bought some generic one from Amazon, but the brim was wider and floppy and got in the way too much. And one of my golf buddies said it made me look like the fisherman on the Gorton's fish sticks box. :LOL:

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 5.26.45 PM.png

Did this topic exist? I searched but didn’t see it, only just some one offs.

okay, so I bought one at Ballyhack.

sold. I am so deep in on this bucket hat thing now. Why did I wait so long??
So you are telling me I need to be on board?!?!

I have 3 from the youtube GolfSidekick guy. Dri fit type material and no structure so the wind doesn't blow it off my head. Highly recommend.
I have one of those too. Whattaplaya is a good bucket hat.

The one you were wearing on Tuesday? Is that really considered a bucket? Honestly curious because I liked it and you rocked it well
Couldn’t tell if that was Curious George’s owner out there or not…but I liked it.

Picked up this guy today, though not sure it will see the golf course.

1685062451399.jpeg

Bucket hats are cargo shorts for your head.

😂😂

IMG_2634.jpeg

I 100% approve of this movement. Love my Buckets, I just have a really difficult time finding them that fit my large head and accomodate for sunglasses.

I think I only have 2 currently. More of a true bucket, that is I believe a UA Armour Vent Storm (decent rain hat as well). 2nd that I own is a wider brim UA Iso-Chill Armour Vent. Its ok, but the draw string is soon for the chopping block.

I keep saying it, love my Shelta hat, expensive but easy to clean, and super comfortable....

I have 3 from the youtube GolfSidekick guy. Dri fit type material and no structure so the wind doesn't blow it off my head. Highly recommend.
Nice!!! I really want to pick one of those ones up!

I keep saying it, love my Shelta hat, expensive but easy to clean, and super comfortable....

XXXL has my attention! 🤣

I love the bucket hats, but i like the shorter brim hats, nit the big floppy ones

Back