What did you shoot today?

Played in the first round of my first ever tournament at my local club. Matchplay and I won by 5 holes. Shot 87 for net 70. with 28 putts. even left some shots out on the course. Landed two balls in water due to driving too far and a couple of duffed chips too. Really pleased with the day.

Recorded a solo 18 today and shot 111 not great but still a beginner. However I was on fire today for fairways.

Went 44/40 for an 84. Had a quad and a double on the front. Should have birdied 18 but smashed my drive into a pond I thought was out of reach and ended up making par.

There is no way I don’t break 80 this year considering I’ve already came very close twice.

40-43 for 83 from the black black tees today which is the second to last set on a super hard course. Tough tee shots and the shortest par 3 we played was 175 with 4 others at 188 to 203.

Today was a very strange day for me on the course. I has only catching the top half of the ball on 80% of my shots, right from the opening tee shot to the end. One of the guys in my group who's a better player said that as I started my downswing my head and shoulders were moving back away from the ball, which totally makes sense. Only problem was the harder I tried to drive my right shoulder forward the worse it got. I haven't edited my round on SS yet, but I would bet my average driver distance on the front was in the neighbourhood of 75 yards, and even that might be generous.

I shot 50 on the front, with three triples, four bogeys and two pars. I thought about packing it in at the turn but decided against it. Kinda glad I didn't, because my approach on the par 4 12th was a chip from 50-ish yards that tracked all the way to the hole for eagle. Of course, made double on the 13th to rebalance the universe. Finished with a 40 on the back - 10 shots and a few swings better. All I could do was look at it and laugh. My turn in the barrel today I guess.

got in a twilight 9 and was 80 when i teed off. 58 and windy when i got to the 9th , i was cold and pretty tight towards the end and shot a 43 and happy. I was inconsistent with my driver and woods, but everthing else was great .....

Rained pretty much all morning but we had our Saturday league. Shot 77 in that mess. Pretty happy overall considering the conditions.

On Friday, 43/42 = 85. 5 FIR, 7 GIR, 33 putts. 2 birds, 6 pars, 5 bogeys, 5 doubles.

The putting was improved from my last round fortunately, but everything else was streaky as hell. The wind was the opposite of what it usually is, and I picked a few bad layup numbers and took a couple uncharacteristic penalties. Couple that with some bad breaks and some grabby greens where a few putts that should have dropped didn't, and it was an ugly round overall.

A double on the last cost me my first sub 80 round this year. That’s ok - still early in the season and the feels are starting come back. 80.

91 at Deer Ridge in Bellville, OH. Never played there before but we'll certainly go back.

Yesterday - 43/44 = 87
Today - 43/36 = 79

I was 8 over after 8 holes today. Then played the last 10 holes even par (3 birdies, 4 pars, 3 bogeys). Feels great to get the break 80 monkey off my back at my club. 2 stroke and distance penalties with the driver, then on 10 put one in the hazard, so another penalty. Could've been an all time round without those, but something to work on.

So glad I saw another instructor on Thursday. So much more confidence in my swing now.

39-40 for 79 today. Wind Was strong today but still lots of fun.

36/38/74

10 fairways, 11 greens, 30 putts, and 4 birds.

1st round of the club's season long team matchplay competition against last year's champs. We were supposed to complete this round last month. But, due to my partner having to travel for business in Europe for half the month, another week was granted.

So, we had to get it in and played today, in the rain.

He played well, I played well (despite two 3-putts and two chunked chips!). Proved to be a bit too much for our (admittedly) superior competition.

Really fun, back and forth match. We won 2 & 1.

41/41 for an 82 today. 10/14 FW, 3/18 GIR, 31 putts with no 3 putts. No doubles or worse today, which is always a positive. 7 pars and 11 bogeys.

I love this time of year when our course starts to clear out, we finished in 3:09.

Played yesterday and shot 44-42 for an 86. Made a lot of mistakes the first 12 holes, but played the last 6 at +2. Struggled with driver a bit and wasn't hitting wedges very well. I've been sick the past week and still wasn't 100% yesterday, but man was it nice to get outside and enjoy the day.

49 (with two triples) - 42: 91

Course handicap of 20 so a net -1. Should be good for he handicap. Should've been at least 5-8 strokes lower. Two bad holes, some poor putts (uncharacteristic for me, but first round with new putter...)

43/46 - 89 at Del Lago GC (Gold/Silver combo).

Another birdie, but three triples. 🤬

Good ball striking day but not so good putting/scoring. Shot 43/40 at 6245 yards for 83 par 72 with 20ish mph winds.

Haven’t broken 80 in my last seven rounds. First world problems but still aggravating.

47. Had 2 blowup holes in a 9 hole round. Played good otherwise.

Shot a 35 in my Monday night league tonight

Back