GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Welcome to the new THP Forum!

With the new forum software there are some really great new features and also some new ways of doing things and we want to use this thread as a guide to walk you through everything. Please remember that THP is a politics free zone, meaning that we are a lighthearted group, but political conversations are better served elsewhere.

Navigating the Forum Main page

Latest Posts – This tab shows you the latest posts that were made. If a thread is bold that means it is unread, if it is not bold that means you have already read that thread. If the thread title is bold and you click it, it will take you to the last unread post. If it’s not bold and you click it, it will take you to the first post in that thread. Also, if you hover over the thread title it will give you a preview of the first post. If you click on the date and time to the right of the thread title it will take you to the last post in the that thread. Lastly, the big avatar at the left represents the person who started the thread, and if you see your avatar a little smaller just to the bottom right of that it means you have a post in that thread. The avatar all the way to the right next to the date and time is the avatar for the person who last made a post in that thread.

Forums – This tab will take you to a list of all the forums and sub-forums on THP. Here you can click the forum/sub-forum you would like on the left or see and click the last thread created in said forum/sub-forum on the right.

Recent Activity – This tab gives you several different options for how you would like to view/navigate to new posting on the forum.
  • What’s New is the same as the Latest Posts tab.
  • New Posts will give you all your unread posts, and then once you read that thread it will disappear from the New Posts tab.
  • New Media will be a gallery of new images added to the forum.
  • New Media Comments will be the comments added to the new media added to the forum.
  • Your News Feed will show you posts from people you follow.
  • Latest Activity shows all the latest activity on the forum including posts, reactions, media, etc. It shows everything that has happened on the forum recently.
Post Thread – If you click this it will bring up a list of the forums/subforums where you can start a new thread.

Navigation Bar

What’s New (the red number)
– This number is how many unread posts you have.

Your avatar on the right - Gives you a drop down for your different profile settings.

The mail/envelope image – This is where you will find your Private Messages which are now called Conversations. This is not going to be as organized as the old forum software, but it still works well. To delete a conversation, select the one(s) you want to delete and then select "Leave Conversation". From here you will get two options: 1. Leave but if someone responds back it will come back or 2. Leave and permanently delete it so if that person responds later it will be gone and they will have to start a new message. In order to send a private message, called Conversations on the forum, you must have more than 25 posts. Once you have hit those 25 posts then the system will automatically open up that option for you.

The bell – This is your notification alert, and this is where you will see notifications/updates on threads/forums you are subscribed to, or if someone reacts to your posts, or if you receive a trophy.

The lightbulb – This will toggle you between light and dark mode, so you can now enjoy the forum either way.

Media Gallery - From the Green Navigation Bar you will see an option with a drop down called Media. This is where you can view the Media Gallery, Upload to the Media Gallery, or create your own Album. You can upload pictures or videos (up to 20MB) and you can even comment on pictures/videos. You can also share them via different social media site.

Albatross Club – To sign up for the Albatross Club simply go to your avatar at the top and click on Account Upgrades.

Footer
Nighttime Golfing
- This will toggle you to dark mode.

Change Width - This will allow you to change the width of the forum to fit your screen better.

Last edited:
  • Admin
Posting on the Forum
Posting a New Thread
– You can do this from clicking the Post Thread from the Forum Main Page OR at go to a Main Forum Section (ex. Check-in Desk) and just above the first thread in that section there is a blank box with your avatar to the left and it says Thread Title, you can start a new thread from this empty box as well.

Reply Button – If you click this, it will quote the post you clicked the reply button on, so it’s basically for single quoting a specific post.

Quote Button – This is how to multi-quote. You can click as many quote buttons as you want across as many pages, and even threads as you want, and then when you go to the reply box at the bottom of the page. You will see on the bottom left it says Insert Quote, click that and all your quotes will be there and you can click quote messages, or delete some of the quotes if you didn’t want to quote them anymore or clicked it by accident. You can also de-select a quote you previously selected by simply clicking the quote button again for that post.

Select Text to Quote – If you highlight a portion of text a pop up will appear to reply to that selected test.

Posting Pictures - There are several ways to post a picture. You can simply drag and drop, you can click the attach files button at the bottom left or you can click the insert image button as seen in the Rich Text Editor section below. A cool feature is that if you drag and drop your image, you can resize it by clicking on the corner and making it bigger or smaller.

Like Button – If you hover over the like button in any post you will see there are different reactions you can choose from.

Bookmark or Share a Post - At the top right of each post you can click to share that posts or bookmark that post which will then save that post to your bookmarks so you can reference it later. You can access your bookmarks from your User Settings at the top right of the forum.
Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 2.13.50 PM.png

Rich Text Editor (toolbar at the top of the reply box)
1568507742272.png

Posting a Tweet - Click the Insert Video/Media Box shown above and insert the Twitter link.

Posting from Instagram - Click the Insert Video/Media Box shown above and insert Instagram link.

Posting from YouTube - Click the Insert Video/Media Box shown above and insert the YouTube link.

Posting a Gif File – There is button (see picture above) that will allow you to select gif right from Giphy so you never have to leave the site. If you prefer to find gif’s elsewhere then you can simply Click the Insert/Video Media Box shown above and insert the gif link.

You can also use the Insert Video/Media Box to insert links from Apple Music, Dailymotion, Facebook, Flickr, Giphy, Imgur, Liveleak, Metacafe, Pinterest, Reddit, SoundCloud, Spotify, Tumblr, Twitch, and Vimeo.

Subscribing to a Thread (Watch Threads) – This is now called watching, and when you first register you will automatically watch every thread you participate in. This setting can be easily changed in your User Settings at the top right navbar when you click your avatar.

How to “Go To Top” – When browsing a thread if you want to go back to the top start to scroll up and an up arrow will appear at the bottom right, click that and it will take you back to the top.

Inserting Smilies – If you click the smiley face a smilies bar will appear at the bottom of your reply box. Your most recently used smilies will appear to the left. You can click the down arrow to reveal all the rest of the smilies. If there is a smilie you would like to use, but don’t see it there, let us know, we can most likely add it.

Marking a Forum Read – You have a few options here. In each individual forum you can click to the top right that says Mark Read, or from the main forum page click the Forums drop down box from the Navigation Bar and click Mark Forums Read.

Viewing from Mobile
The lightning bolt at the top right will take you to your unread posts, and if you see a red number badge over it, that’s the number of unread posts you have.

When turning your phone to landscape you can view the entire main page, allowing you to click the last post in the thread from the date on the right.

Scrolling Video
If you would like to view a video while still reading the rest of the page, you can now do so by clicking a small icon box to the bottom right of the video. See image below for example.
Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 1.48.14 PM.png

Email Notification
If you would like to receive a notification email when someone quotes or mentions you (meaning they do @ your username), you will need to go click your name/avatar at the top right and go to preferences, and select the check boxes to receive email when mentioned and receive email when quoted. See below.
Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 7.57.34 PM.png

Signature Pictures
If you would like to upload a signature picture, you can do so by going to your name/avatar at the top right and clicking on Signature. Then you will see your signature box and a spot below that says upload signature picture. First you need to put [sig pic] [/sigpic] (I had to add a space here so my sigpic didn't show up) into the signature box and then you can upload your picture. You will not see it appear in the signature box, but if you go to any of your posts it will be there. To remove the picture, just remove the words [sig pic] [/sigpic]. Your picture is limited to 200x200.

Sending a Private Message
In order to send a private message, called Conversations on the forum, you must have more than 25 posts. Once you have hit those 25 posts then the system will automatically open up that option for you.

Last edited:
Looks like lots of great updates. I'm looking forward to using the new tech via laptop and phone.

Looks sooo much better!!

I'm just digging in but I really like what I'm seeing so far. There are some really fun features. I never knew I needed a nighttime mode but I like it!

Whoooooaaaaa this is fantastic!

Thank you for all your hardwork GG!!!

I'm just digging in but I really like what I'm seeing so far. There are some really fun features. I never knew I needed a nighttime mode but I like it!

It’s so awesome. Read through this post it has some great tips on the new software

Reactions: KEV
Looking good!

Oh man, the Giphy option is going to be trouble!

I'm just viewing through Tapatalk as that's the easiest for me and this new interface is awesome!

Now the new Tapatalk, that's another money grap issue! I just went back to Pro version and sent that crap to the curb.

Thanks for all the hard work! Really appreciate it as I've felt out of touch for the longest time. Well done indeed!

I'm just viewing through Tapatalk as that's the easiest for me and this new interface is awesome!

Now the new Tapatalk, that's another money grap issue! I just went back to Pro version and sent that crap to the curb.

Thanks for all the hard work! Really appreciate it as I've felt out of touch for the longest time. Well done indeed!

If you like using your phone, try just using the mobile browser. You will kill off Tapatalk quickly I have a feeling.

Oh yeah we are back, I was going thru withdraws :oops: Great job to all who worked hard on the new forum

This is a great post!!! Lots of new and exciting things. Thanks for the hard work. Will we still get to the mobile app from the THP app?

This is a great post!!! Lots of new and exciting things. Thanks for the hard work. Will we still get to the mobile app from the THP app?

Go to your mobile browser and go to the forum. It works flawlessly and is perfect for mobile on Chrome and Safari.

So far things are looking great.

I'm loving this. Just seems cleaner and faster....very well done. Thanks for all the hard work on this.

If you like using your phone, try just using the mobile browser. You will kill off Tapatalk quickly I have a feeling.
I've been getting these emails about capturing my passwords with videos I'm watching and asking for ransom's. Not related right?

I've been getting these emails about capturing my passwords with videos I'm watching and asking for ransom's. Not related right?

No sir. We are secure.

Go to your mobile browser and go to the forum. It works flawlessly and is perfect for mobile on Chrome and Safari.

@Snickerdog you can create a home screen icon and save it to your phone home screen if you go to the share sheet in iOS and create one.

Back