Aretera Alpha One Shafts Review

Great write-up @Jman . Been waiting for your thoughts since Dan @Canadan podcast interview. Personally would like to see how a Blue 4S lines up to my current Ventus TR 5S. Certainly sounds like directionless the tech is really advanced. I don’t mind shaft colors or graphics, I find I get over that immediately as focus is on club head.

Looking forward to how this makes out in your Ai Smoke Tad and the Cobra and if becomes your number 1 driver shaft for 2024.

Only downside to me personally is the price, I could never drop almost $700 CAD including tax for a driver shaft 😢 unless it guaranteed 20 yards and tighter dispersion than my TR which is pretty good.

Man, I know it's not about the looks (which was also said in the article) but I LOVE how they look. I would take that color/look all day!
I just like that it will go with any driver head aesthetically, there’s not many driver shafts we can say that about hahaha

@Jman any indication that the company plans to expand their product line in the future?

@Jman any indication that the company plans to expand their product line in the future?
I do believe that’s the plan, they just went for simplification on the first product.

I do believe that’s the plan, they just went for simplification on the first product.
Makes sense. I know they have a light weight option, but I'd definitely love to see what they come up with in terms of flex profiles over time.

Makes sense. I know they have a light weight option, but I'd definitely love to see what they come up with in terms of flex profiles over time.
Same, with the material story of the spread tow, I’d think they could do some wild stuff in lightweight builds. I’m hoping we see some of that eventually.

a day late on giving this one a read, but well done @Jman. Love the description of each and that there are numbers to show the subtle differences in what the % change of tip stiffness can do. The way you describe them at the end, I'd probably lean towards the Blue. Alex Dee might have a winner here, can't wait to see where they go.

Man, I know it's not about the looks (which was also said in the article) but I LOVE how they look. I would take that color/look all day!
same. I dig it

Just got fit yesterday into the gray 65 4 shaft with TSR2 head. Lower spinning than my Stealth driver and gave me more carry and straighter drives. Cannot wait for it to arrive. I will send updates when I take it out on the course.

Just got fit yesterday into the gray 65 4 shaft with TSR2 head. Lower spinning than my Stealth driver and gave me more carry and straighter drives. Cannot wait for it to arrive. I will send updates when I take it out on the course.
What did you think of the feel?

What did you think of the feel?
Very smooth shaft. It felt effortless to turn it over. It allowed me to just focus more on shot shape and target vs thinking I need to time this perfectly. I was between the 4 and 5 flex but was getting better groupings with the 4.

I had close results with Ventus Blue but it was a lot more concentration and timing to get the same results. I wouldn’t be surprised if this happens with a lot more people.

Very smooth shaft. It felt effortless to turn it over. It allowed me to just focus more on shot shape and target vs thinking I need to time this perfectly. I was between the 4 and 5 flex but was getting better groupings with the 4.

I had close results with Ventus Blue but it was a lot more concentration and timing to get the same results. I wouldn’t be surprised if this happens with a lot more people.
Yuuuuuup. The flow of these are pretty impressive, add in the excellent down range dispersion and look out.

Yuuuuuup. The flow of these are pretty impressive, add in the excellent down range dispersion and look out.
Agreed. The shaft also looks great with Ai Smoke head. The gray with Qi10 LS is a low spin monster if you can control it.

I should add, the shaft cost more than the Titleist TSR2 head. So be prepared for sticker shock.

Agreed. The shaft also looks great with Ai Smoke head. The gray with Qi10 LS is a low spin monster if you can control it.

I should add, the shaft cost more than the Titleist TSR2 head. So be prepared for sticker shock.
Haha, price is definitely pointed out in the review article. But, they were never going to be cheap.

I’m excited to move them to Cobra adapters this week.

“Effortless to turn over” sounds amazing

Some great info in this review. Been waiting to hear more on these since listening to the Off Course episode. These sound super interesting. If I had to pick blind I'd probably go with the Blue 65-4, but would want to try them before buying at that price point. Not in love with the graphics, but don't find them offensive or anything. I do like that they pair well with most driver heads.

Some great info in this review. Been waiting to hear more on these since listening to the Off Course episode. These sound super interesting. If I had to pick blind I'd probably go with the Blue 65-4, but would want to try them before buying at that price point. Not in love with the graphics, but don't find them offensive or anything. I do like that they pair well with most driver heads.
They’re going to gain traction as people try them, I really do believe that, ESPECIALLY as the Ventus users try them.

They’re going to gain traction as people try them, I really do believe that, ESPECIALLY as the Ventus users try them.
Never got on the Ventus train but I may need to hit up CC to try these out.

Never got on the Ventus train but I may need to hit up CC to try these out.
I'm really eager to hear other peoples thoughts as time goes on, I really am.

I'm really eager to hear other peoples thoughts as time goes on, I really am.
Will either be a gamer shaft for you or you're waiting to see how they perform in the cobra head?

Will either be a gamer shaft for you or you're waiting to see how they perform in the cobra head?
They are getting Cobra tips, but, I also have an Experience coming up that I'm preparing for so it will be a late summer experiment more than likely.

Got an email from CC today advertising these. Hopefully we’ll start to see more people get into them soon.

Nice write-up @Jman. I'm currently playing an Aretera Blue 55/4 after testing against another Aretera Blue 65/4 & my gamer for the last year and a half Ventus TR Blue 6S. I was initially interested in the Aretera because as a fan & user of the Ventus line, I figured the Ventus creator would have a few ideas up his sleeve. I wasn't disappointed. I initially tested the Aretera 65/4 against the TR Blue 6S, start with similar weights and go from there. The Aretera beat the TR in ballspeed and dispersion. Now don't get me wrong, these aren't drastic changes because they're both premium shafts, but I averaged 2 mph faster ballspeed with the Aretera which equated to around 5 yards longer on average. As a 57 year old +.4 handicap I'm looking for anything. So with that information and how stable the shaft felt, heck might as well try going lighter. Now there wasn't alot of difference from the 65 to 55, but there was a measureable difference in ballspeed & clubhead speed. Enough that I'm keeping the 55 as my gamer. Overall pleased with the performance. As our season in N. WI is just starting, I'm looking forward to maybe being able to go for that par 5 now that I was hesitative in the past.

Went back to test out Aretera Gray shaft for a 3W. This shaft in the Ai Smoke 3W triple diamond with the weight forward was almost as good as my experience with the driver shaft. Increased clubhead speed by 3mph over my Srixon 3W. Shaft kept my misses all to the left vs a couple that leaked with my gamer. Not sure if it is worth the upgrade. The results with the driver shaft made it a much easier decision.

Back