What golf stuff did you buy today?

Not being a baller like most of you guys on here, and seeing how I get to play maybe 6 times a year, I struggle to justify spending $600 for a new driver.

But! I did find this on CL for very little $$$ and figured maybe I can get a few more yards, and a few more fairways, vs my trusty ol TM r580 xd.

IMG_20240501_183346951_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240501_183408555_HDR.jpg

Pair of pink golf shorts, to go with my pink sun sleeves. Will pair with white Pete All Over Original Penguin polo. :cool:

I don't need new golf shoes as I already bought 2 new pairs in the last 2 months but was able to get a pair of Puma Alphacat Nitros for $50 so figured why not, I don't have a current black pair of golf shoes.

1714675368025.png

Sun sleeves and sun shirts

Bridgestone tour b rxs mindset trial pack 1/2 dozen balls. I really like what i saw in my fitting. Want to see if it’s “real”

Great find at Marshall's today.
20240502_194707.jpg

Although I've learned, If there's no price, I can't afford it. 😞

And today…because it’s what the website suggested…Bridgestone tour b rx mindset trial pack 1/2 dozen balls.

For those who are interested and not in the test group the trial pack is 6 balls $20 +tax.

Picked up 36 pearl grade Chromesoft and Tru-vis balls which should be here Monday or Tuesday and another pair of Adidas Code Chaos spikeless shoes in a new colour way for me - both bargains.

b1c68e_cef8245a7f6748ca895cb00d193255d2~mv2.jpg
b1c68e_661169826fcd4bd7b7703ab548546346~mv2.jpg

Also just picked up tickets to the BMW PGA Championship (DP World Tour) at Wentworth in September. Going on Pro/Am day for a relaxed day walking the course seeing some celebs and some of the tour pros having fun. Fingers crossed for some good weather...

Paid my tab over at the build shop and picked up the Z-Forged. They turned out pretty slick.
IMG_9725.jpeg

Puma 5 pocket pants. These things are niiiiice. Might need a few more colors.

2 large buckets of range balls.

Paid my tab over at the build shop and picked up the Z-Forged. They turned out pretty slick.
View attachment 9262906
I have such a weak spot for the Z Forged, that Gen looked good but the latest with the Muscle Back look... I just 🤤.
If I had disposable $$$$ I'd buy a Combo set of Z, 7s, and maybe 5s.

I am going to Carls today to replace a lost rangefinder. I will probably buy a couple dozen last release Tour B RX in old man yellow skivvies (A young friend calls them that to rag on me) That ball was plenty good enough for me before the new release. At $39 I'll keep playing them on the wooded courses up north for a bit till I see what all the fuss is about the new ones.

Haha! Nothing yet but I’m heading to Golf Galaxy later this afternoon to get a gift for someone. And, Lord knows, once I’m in the store, I can’t leave empty handed for myself. So I’m inclined to end up with at least a dozen balls, maybe a new headcover, or another pair of shoes.

Haha! Nothing yet but I’m heading to Golf Galaxy later this afternoon to get a gift for someone. And, Lord knows, once I’m in the store, I can’t leave empty handed for myself. So I’m inclined to end up with at least a dozen balls, maybe a new headcover, or another pair of shoes.
BE STRONG...

My Mizuno ST-Z 230 5W came in on Thursday. I ripped the plastic open and took off the stickers before waggling my new toy. I either ordered a regular flex shaft or was sent the wrong flex. Since it was opened I’m kinda out of luck on the return I figured I’d give it a shot anyway. I might actually keep this shaft. If it works it works.

Back