Video Games Thread

Busted Skyrim back out over this past weekend

We're all basically 6yo when naming characters :D
I think I am bad and then I see my son's and then names they create, and I am like......jesus my name is PG-13 compared to theirs.

I think I am bad and then I see my son's and then names they create, and I am like......jesus my name is PG-13 compared to theirs.
My username usually gets a few laughs when playing online.

Watched a bit from some streamers - consensus seems to be lots of promise, but don't spend money on it yet - it is not ready
Bought it anyway.

Couldnt get past the character creation screen, not really steamdeck friendly yet.

Refund requested.

I’m just over here still playing Destiny haha. Excited to see what the final shape brings.

Any recs on a similar style game?
Honestly I don’t know if a ton - I know DayZ has had a bit of a resurgence but don’t think it’s quite the same style of game.

I played escape from tarkov for a bit and it’s just not for me

Honestly I don’t know if a ton - I know DayZ has had a bit of a resurgence but don’t think it’s quite the same style of game.

I played escape from tarkov for a bit and it’s just not for me
Tarkov has gotten a ton of flak this week.

Started playing Titanfall 2 last night, not sure I how I never played it before. An hour in, and it's freaking awesome.

Started playing Titanfall 2 last night, not sure I how I never played it before. An hour in, and it's freaking awesome.
Every time I start that game I get distracted with something else. I really like the mechanics though.

Every time I start that game I get distracted with something else. I really like the mechanics though.
I had been looking for a good FPS, as I havent played one in a bit. I like the moving in and out of the Titan for combat and what not. Granted, I am still in the very early stages and just got my Titan given to me.

I had been looking for a good FPS, as I havent played one in a bit. I like the moving in and out of the Titan for combat and what not. Granted, I am still in the very early stages and just got my Titan given to me.
Loved Titanfall 2! Great story and gameplay on the campaign.

On Act 3 of Baldur’s Gate 3.Something about an alien/nether realm race called the Mine Flayers turns me off.For me this should be more like classic D+D. Dragons,orcs,skeletons,wizards,knights.. stuff like that.But going down with other realms loses the appeal for me.Almost done..

Can’t wait for NCAA

It gets even better in the 2nd half. Titanfall 2 is both one of the best and most underappreciated first person shooter campaigns in the last 10 years.

Mostly because EA screwed them from a release and marketing standpoint so it didn't get much attention. Then hackers crashed the servers until multi-player lost a ton of traction. Not to mention Titanfall 1 was overhyped and disappointing for many as a pretty bare-bones multiplayer only game.

I may have given up on Fallout 4. I just cannot get into it. I re-started Career Mode in NHL 21 last night just to have something to play :ROFLMAO:

I’m just figuring out how my Pai Gow twinsie @JDax has not discovered Balatro yet.

One of the most addictive games I have played. I thought Vampire survivors was addictive, this game puts it to shame.

I may have given up on Fallout 4. I just cannot get into it. I re-started Career Mode in NHL 21 last night just to have something to play :ROFLMAO:
Get Balatro. If you like poker, you will be good to go.

That is really interesting - What is it you don't enjoy about Fallout 4?

I actually just started like my millionth playthrough after watching the show

I’m just figuring out how my Pai Gow twinsie @JDax has not discovered Balatro yet.

One of the most addictive games I have played. I thought Vampire survivors was addictive, this game puts it to shame.
Tell me more …

Tell me more …
Balatro is a deck building poker game. Think of poker with magic the gathering cards. These cards enhance your poker hands as you move through the game.

Each game or run is 8 Ante’s. There are three rounds per Ante with the third round being a boss round. Each round has a money or points you need to achieve to advance. Higher the hand better the points. Unless your enhanced cards give you more points for say a pair or three of a kind.

Hope this makes sense, but the enhancement cards which are jokers and tarot cards help you move through the run. So basically there are different ways to finish the runs based on the enhancements. Really makes you think on how you want your deck to play out.

That is really interesting - What is it you don't enjoy about Fallout 4?

I actually just started like my millionth playthrough after watching the show
Tough to put my finger on - I just don't find the game & storyline engaging like I did with RDR2, Last of Us, etc. It could be because I'm still very, very early in the game and I haven't built up much. But with those other games I mentioned, I couldn't wait to get back to playing them; with F4, I'm like "do I play or read a book?" and the book was winning out.

Back