The Home Renovation Thread

Very nice, Subvet. Did you do the work yourself? That's a big job that turned out really nice.

Edit: Answered my own question by looking at the slideshow.

We have an old farmhouse next door that we use for storage. We are slowly working towards fixing it up to eventually rent out once we get our house built just down the road.

Back in June, we had to replace a few flooring joists in the living room and we also replaced the old wooden porch posts with aluminum ones. Since then, we've panted the porch and front door. Then today, we had a new metal roof installed.
It may be a never ending project!

Looks great subvet!

Today's project.

Before:

3u7e8yne.jpg

After:

se9avu2u.jpg

Looks good Cookie

Kristen and I are working on repainting, redoing our loft. When I had the house built I choose to leave a wall out between the loft and the third bedroom to have a bigger loft. Probably a bad idea, but its a good sized room up there now. The walls used to be a dark moss green color to give the vib of a pub, but we are over that now. I wish I took some pics before I pulled all the stuff off the walls, but I had several beer signs, couple of signs handing from the ceiling, dart cabinet, 8' pool in the center of the room, two pub tables...very bar like.

Now the walls will be a sort of pale yellow, with white and gray accents. A love seat, small bar area, one pub table. Still will have the tv mounted to the wall, but now will have a sound bar and a shelf for the receiver, modem, and router to sit on. Most of the signs, mirrors, dart cabinet, all of that is going away and will be sold. Its going to more if a lounge type area than bar type area now. I'll be sure to get some pics as we go along.

Just had a contractor out yesterday to quote us on the renovation of our basement. Pretty excited about this. Will have a new bathroom, floors, walls, and ceiling. A new 'office' or whatever it gets used for in the coming years. Stairway and entry way will be modernized. Still will have a good amount of storage when it's all done. Should increase our livable space by close to 1000 feet when all is said and done.

Just had a contractor out yesterday to quote us on the renovation of our basement. Pretty excited about this. Will have a new bathroom, floors, walls, and ceiling. A new 'office' or whatever it gets used for in the coming years. Stairway and entry way will be modernized. Still will have a good amount of storage when it's all done. Should increase our livable space by close to 1000 feet when all is said and done.

that sounds great. I love a good finished basement area.

that sounds great. I love a good finished basement area.

We are lucky that a good chunk of the framework was done long ago. Just done very poorly. I ripped a bunch of the finish work out before waterproofing so it's been sort of a dungeon. Getting close. Siding one of these days.

Nice dude, I really wanted a finished basement with the house we bought and still bummed it didnt happen.

1000 extra feet is awesome!

Heck yea. I figure eventually the boy will want to relocate down there, but until then I just got a new man room.

Sweet Hawk. I just finished my basement minus the drywall. Have a few finishing touches, but it is livable at the moment. Added roughly 1200 square feet. Now I can work on my golf practice room next. It's great to have another area to go to in the house.

I can't imagine adding 1000sqft to our house. Damn you and your basements and room for activities.

Hawk, do you add the golf net and such to the basement or leave it in the garage?

Sweet Hawk. I just finished my basement minus the drywall. Have a few finishing touches, but it is livable at the moment. Added roughly 1200 square feet. Now I can work on my golf practice room next. It's great to have another area to go to in the house.

That's awesome. Wish our ceilings weren't so low so I could swing indoors. I'd catch hell if I put another hole in teh ceiling though :)

I can't imagine adding 1000sqft to our house. Damn you and your basements and room for activities.

Hawk, do you add the golf net and such to the basement or leave it in the garage?

Nope it'll be in the garage. Ceilings in our basement are pretty low and the ductwork makes it even worse in some spots.

In the final gear up for bathroom renovation this weekend. Ripping out a gross bathroom, and putting in a new tub with surround, in floor heat, tile, and vanity.

My house has been filling up with supplies, drywall, tub, toilet, electrical, plumbing.... I cannot wait to smash this bathroom to bits and put something brand new in.

Hopefully have demo started Friday afternoon, demo completed by Saturday Morning, and a functioning tub/shower by end of day Saturday. Oh the joys of renoing a home with only one tub/shower.

In the final gear up for bathroom renovation this weekend. Ripping out a gross bathroom, and putting in a new tub with surround, in floor heat, tile, and vanity.

My house has been filling up with supplies, drywall, tub, toilet, electrical, plumbing.... I cannot wait to smash this bathroom to bits and put something brand new in.

Hopefully have demo started Friday afternoon, demo completed by Saturday Morning, and a functioning tub/shower by end of day Saturday. Oh the joys of renoing a home with only one tub/shower.

You are going to have some sore muscles after that weekend Brad.

Nope it'll be in the garage. Ceilings in our basement are pretty low and the ductwork makes it even worse in some spots.

Our 4th bedroom, my office, has a really high ceiling. I would be lying if I said I haven't considered turning this into a full blown golf lab/gym.

Our 4th bedroom, my office, has a really high ceiling. I would be lying if I said I haven't considered turning this into a full blown golf lab/gym.

As long as there are no garage door openers you should be good to go :beat-up: That reminds me, I was told I needed to replace ours. I keep slow playing Erica on that b/c I don't want to shell out the cash and possibly do it again.

As long as there are no garage door openers you should be good to go :beat-up: That reminds me, I was told I needed to replace ours. I keep slow playing Erica on that b/c I don't want to shell out the cash and possibly do it again.

Heck, I need a 6 foot step ladder just to reach the ceiling fan in there. I should be good.

Jealous!

I like it Hawk! I'm here dude if you have questions

Thanks Kev! We are lucky to have a contractor that we know through a third party and trust. He's treated us well in the past and gave me a pretty good number yesterday.

Getting new carpet installed in the nursery and office tomorrow. Tonight I need to gut 1/3rd of my house and cram it into the other 2/3rds. We have a lot of junk. I don't know where it all came from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Kev! We are lucky to have a contractor that we know through a third party and trust. He's treated us well in the past and gave me a pretty good number yesterday.

That is key! It seems hard to find reliable people in this business.

Back