EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Got to play the past few days in Arizona with multiple Morgan Cup Alumni going back to 2017 up to last year’s participants.

The common theme among all of them is how pleasant and enjoyable it was to be in the same group with them regardless of which team they represented.

The Morgan Cup is a special event and I expect this year at Brigg’s Ranch will be no different.

Good luck to all who have entered.

Will be curious to see how many of the newly minted Albatross coins get wagered on the Morgan Cup.

I know I’m saving most of mine for it.

Interesting tidbit from the most recent World Wide Golf Championship at Briggs Ranch (it was a great follow by the way if you missed it).
Champions, Southern Twang, had one member with Cobra gear in play and *Champions, When Worlds Collide, had at least one member with Cobra gear in play too. @JB and @mantan, unsure of what gear you guys were gaming but if there was Cobra, not surprising in the least.

What does this mean? Cobra and Briggs Ranch…together…Morgan Cup🔥🔥🔥
Buckle up folks!
View attachment 9259924

I don't have any Cobra clubs....but was truly impressed with how @KY Golfer hit his...especially that three wood that is absolute money for him!

I do rock Puma shoes though. I think I'm up to 10 pairs...

And I'm VERY excited to follow this one now that I've been to Briggs Ranch!

I didn’t hit a poor wedge shot on the course all week.

All about how the person plays and if they trust engaging the bounce.
Would you say familiarity with those types of conditions is a factor? We pretty much never get hard ground to chip from due to weather, so I'm usually using quite high bounce wedges. I also don't have your or @MWard's skills :D

Would you say familiarity with those types of conditions is a factor? We pretty much never get hard ground to chip from due to weather, so I'm usually using quite high bounce wedges. I also don't have your or @MWard's skills :D
@Jman is used to firm conditions given where he lives. If he’s using high bounce, it’s probably okay to do similar if you learn how to use it.

That being said, totally getting a low bounce wedge for Scotland. Who doesn’t like shiny haha

I don't have any Cobra clubs....but was truly impressed with how @KY Golfer hit his...especially that three wood that is absolute money for him!

I do rock Puma shoes though. I think I'm up to 10 pairs...

And I'm VERY excited to follow this one now that I've been to Briggs Ranch!

One of my favorite clubs of all time is the King Tec hybrid. Cobra does a great job with the Morgan Cup.

Congrats, btw!

Catching up on all of my THPing since this weekend was dominated by an 11 hour total travel + round on Saturday and then the house on Sunday. I love to see this thread going and I still have day 2 to finish.

I'll need to edit since my computer isn't working for me here but @Wonger went Full Paradise for this upcoming season:

IMG_2715.jpeg

Finally got to see some of this equipment line-up in person today and man does it look good. Those fairway woods look incredible, and I need to try them at some point this year. Looking forward to seeing what’s going to be in some participants bags this year!
So good right? Glad you were able to get your hands on them.

Catching up on all of my THPing since this weekend was dominated by an 11 hour total travel + round on Saturday and then the house on Sunday. I love to see this thread going and I still have day 2 to finish.

I'll need to edit since my computer isn't working for me here but @Wonger went Full Paradise for this upcoming season:

View attachment 9259942
@Wonger Nice ride. Fitting of a Morgan Cup MVP. :LOL:

Interesting tidbit from the most recent World Wide Golf Championship at Briggs Ranch (it was a great follow by the way if you missed it).
Champions, Southern Twang, had one member with Cobra gear in play and *Champions, When Worlds Collide, had at least one member with Cobra gear in play too. @JB and @mantan, unsure of what gear you guys were gaming but if there was Cobra, not surprising in the least.

What does this mean? Cobra and Briggs Ranch…together…Morgan Cup🔥🔥🔥
Buckle up folks!
View attachment 9259924
Full bag of Cobra and Briggs what could be better. Oh that’s being on Team Hackers. This is the year.

Full bag of Cobra and Briggs what could be better. Oh that’s being on Team Hackers. This is the year.
It most definitely is......

Have some time on my hands today since event I was going to play in was canceled due to emergency maintenance. Guessing it had to do with 4+ inches of rain on Saturday. When that happens you call an audible. That is going to be head down to PGASS and check out all the new DarkSpeed line. Only club in the line I’ve seen is the DarkSpeed LS driver

Have some time on my hands today since event I was going to play in was canceled due to emergency maintenance. Guessing it had to do with 4+ inches of rain on Saturday. When that happens you call an audible. That is going to be head down to PGASS and check out all the new DarkSpeed line. Only club in the line I’ve seen is the DarkSpeed LS driver
Don’t sleep on the irons…

Seems like a pretty good consolation!

Don’t sleep on the irons…
Don’t worry they will best the first thing I check out. I’m still gaming the Original King Forge Tec irons. Nothing has beaten them out of the bag and it’s not because I have not tried other. They are just that good. Thinking the DarkSpeed irons might give them a run for their money.

Don’t worry they will best the first thing I check out. I’m still gaming the Original King Forge Tec irons. Nothing has beaten them out of the bag and it’s not because I have not tried other. They are just that good. Thinking the DarkSpeed irons might give them a run for their money.
You and me both. The 2020 Forged Tec have beat all comers for me so far.

You and me both. The 2020 Forged Tec have beat all comers for me so far.
The 2020 Forged Tec 4i was a cheat code. There was one night where my buddy and I had a bet in the sim to see who could hit it farther. He won at 250 and I was in the low 240s

View attachment 9259942
And business is gooooooooood!!!

I think high bounce isn’t an issue if you’re use to them. I found nothing at all scary about taking 12 bounce with no relief off of tightly mown and just overall tight/hardpan lies.

After the final round that @jdtox put together last week at Briggs and video posted of his swing I almost feel bad routing against him. I said almost! The swing never changed in any pic or video. It was like @JB kept posting same video over and over. With all that said it’s still the year for the reign to end.

Last edited:
I think high bounce isn’t an issue if you’re use to them. I found nothing at all scary about taking 12 bounce with no relief off of tightly mown and just overall tight/hardpan lies.
You mean you didn’t bag that 4° 60 for the trip

just smack the bug, easy peasy, also means no one should be scared of the Snakebite X wedge

You mean you didn’t bag that 4° 60 for the trip
Ms Pat No GIF by BET Plus

just smack the bug, easy peasy, also means no one should be scared of the Snakebite X wedge
Easy peasy, if you practice it. You’d be surprised how many know nothing about engaging the bounce properly.

Back