Scotty Cameron putters

I replaced my stock grip on the Squareback with the Lamkin sinkfit rubber bigger grip a while ago as I love it and have it on all of my different putters. On a whim I replaced the stock 10g weights with 15g weights earlier this week and something has happened. I’m a pretty good putter now out of no where. It just feels so well balanced now and I’m actually confident over putts rather than my usual panicked state lol

I know the Lamkin is heavier so this has done something wonderful for me

So I was all set to send my Concept X 7.2 into the custom shop for some new paintfill. Got all the way to the checkout when I got blindsided with the cheapest return shipping option being $69.67!

That’s almost equivalent to the entire cost of the paintfill change. I emailed the custom shop asking about it and they just that FedEx automatically calculates the cost and they can’t change the rate. I’m in Kentucky which isn’t exactly close to California but I’ve sent numerous putters to them over the years and have never seen the shipping cost so high.

Anyone have any leads on somewhere to send a putter for paintfill changes that won’t cost an arm and a leg? I normally try to send things to the custom shop but I’m not spending almost $200 just to change the paintfill.

Any info is appreciated!

So I was all set to send my Concept X 7.2 into the custom shop for some new paintfill. Got all the way to the checkout when I got blindsided with the cheapest return shipping option being $69.67!

That’s almost equivalent to the entire cost of the paintfill change. I emailed the custom shop asking about it and they just that FedEx automatically calculates the cost and they can’t change the rate. I’m in Kentucky which isn’t exactly close to California but I’ve sent numerous putters to them over the years and have never seen the shipping cost so high.

Anyone have any leads on somewhere to send a putter for paintfill changes that won’t cost an arm and a leg? I normally try to send things to the custom shop but I’m not spending almost $200 just to change the paintfill.

Any info is appreciated!

Paging @Space Bandito …..you have a call on line 1.

Just saw Charlie Woods uses a Phantom X 5.5 - very cool! Also totally random, but I’d love to test drive a Phantom X 12 just for funsies.

Anyone have any thoughts on the “long design” that is available May 17th?

Had some things laying around that wouldn’t be used so I tried to put a bandaid on my putting.

Congrats - hope this is the thing that makes it all click and work for you.

Congrats - hope this is the thing that makes it all click and work for you.
It may, it may not... but I do know that I can always sell it and get some cash back. Its a pretty low risk for me and I still love my Bettinardi so we will see how it works.

I’m really enjoying my new Phantom x7 so far. Probably the most comfortable I’ve ever felt with a putter. The setup with it comes so natural and everything is always on line

My newport 2+ is pretty cool. Sold my last classic scotty. I only have 2 putters now: champions choice 2+ and jet set 2+.

I’m thinking big maybe the new 7.5. Still on the fence as putting is ok for now.

Very intrigued to see the PGA Championship release this week. Louisville born and raised so I’ve been anticipating this one for a while. Sucks I wasn’t able to get the Club Cameron this year so I won’t have early access but adding the headcover somehow is likely going to be on my radar. Hoping some of the other items released have a nod to Louisville in them.

I’ll be out at Valhalla on Saturday. Looking forward to it!

Very intrigued to see the PGA Championship release this week. Louisville born and raised so I’ve been anticipating this one for a while. Sucks I wasn’t able to get the Club Cameron this year so I won’t have early access but adding the headcover somehow is likely going to be on my radar. Hoping some of the other items released have a nod to Louisville in them.

I’ll be out at Valhalla on Saturday. Looking forward to it!
CC is impossible now, so annoying.

Back