Rapsodo MLM2PRO Personal Launch Monitor

If the reviews are good, I will probably get one. You can then come over and try it out:oops:

yeah, if it comes close to promises, it's getting purchased.

I nearly pulled the trigger on a GC3 at Christmas

$700, but still, holy smokes.
The membership is $200/year and comes with the initial purchase. Just depends on how you look at it but it makes it easier for me to purchase it thinking it’s only $500 haha

Keep this in mind as well - the camera/doppler combination has many more capabilities and software updates that add features are pretty commonplace in this segment.

Man this thing sounds awesome. Seriously interested

CG3 with a $500 price tag? Holy smokes

time will tell. That seems like a bold statement seeing as how many tour pros use a GC3 for their range sessions.

I'm not sure the reasoning but I'm guessing those dots on the ball have something to do with that.
I obviously know next to nothing about ball flight algorithms but would be interested to know how you hit an accurate shot in their sim software that goes *draws curve* without the software "knowing" what the descent angle is

time will tell. That seems like a bold statement seeing as how many tour pros use a GC3 for their range sessions.
Do any? They all probably use GC Quads or trackman.

I obviously know next to nothing about ball flight algorithms but would be interested to know how you hit an accurate shot in their sim software that goes *draws curve* without the software "knowing" what the descent angle is
I have no clue either but again in a sim situation indoors if you are using the supplied balls with it should be accurate.

Wowsers. This is exciting stuff right here! #garagesimcrew about to get a whole lot more participation 👊.

Thanks for the article and details @hawk

If this is used by the right person, the price is a steal for all that it offers. I like the integrated camera and how they have beefed up the UI. Also if i'm reading this correctly, you need the Callaway® RPT™ Chrome Soft X to get the spin data?

Thanks for the article and details @hawk

If this is used by the right person, the price is a steal for all that it offers. I like the integrated camera and how they have beefed up the UI. Also if i'm reading this correctly, you need the Callaway® RPT™ Chrome Soft X to get the spin data?

That is correct.

Rapsodo shared with us that they expect this unit to compete with the GC3 in terms of accuracy.

Nice preview @Hawk. I really enjoy having the Rapsodo to use when it it works properly. Not having to use your phone as the camera i hope solves a bunch of those issues. That is a bold claim to say it will as good as a GC3. I truly hope it is and if so this will be the deal of the year for a launch monitor. I am looking forward to more info from you on this when it is warmer for you!

Yup will be preordering on Feb 1 for sure

Rapsodo shared with us that they expect this unit to compete with the GC3 in terms of accuracy.
That's a big claim :oops:

Is there anything special about the chevron pattern? I ask because if it’s just a stamped pattern could you not then just mark any ball that pattern and it’ll pick it up the same?

I hope this is true. The previous unit was quite a frustrating experience for me. This one looks like it has the potential to correct every issue I've had, so definitely looking forward to your continued thoughts.

Is there anything special about the chevron pattern? I ask because if it’s just a stamped pattern could you not then just mark any ball that pattern and it’ll pick it up the same?

It's a good question, but I don't have an answer.

I can't blame you for wanting to wait, as it's an ever-evolving segment. I'm not sure you'll find all these features at the price point though.
At 700 down and 200 a year. What does that correlate to just buy price? There's plenty of room for improvement on the price. This whole arena shall see much increase in product and ultimately price drops, IMO.

At 700 down and 200 a year. What does that correlate to just buy price? There's plenty of room for improvement on the price. This whole arena shall see much increase in product and ultimately price drops, IMO.

You won't find a bigger cheapskate than me, so I won't act as if I'm primed to spend $700 on anything and I don't love subscription models at all. I agree that history has shown a downward trend. I just don't see a dual-camera, radar unit with thousands of baked-in sim courses showing up for significantly less money in the near future. Not to say I hope I'm wrong. Even the R10 is adding an extra $100-$120 a year for their awful sim feature.

If they offered a trade in deal for the old one (at a fair price) I think I would be in the preorder line!

You won't find a bigger cheapskate than me, so I won't act as if I'm primed to spend $700 on anything and I don't love subscription models at all. I agree that history has shown a downward trend. I just don't see a dual-camera, radar unit with thousands of baked-in sim courses showing up for significantly less money in the near future. Not to say I hope I'm wrong. Even the R10 is adding an extra $100-$120 a year for their awful sim feature.

Not really interested in subscriptions or sim courses added to units. I got to use a Full Swing ( non E6 ) for a week while my neighbor was on a cruise, pretty accurate and contained all the features needed, but way out of my price range, and NO built in sim courses ( I think you have to pay for that)

Last edited:
This has my attention. Will be following, and also looking into cage/net set ups.

This has my attention. Will be following, and also looking into cage/net set ups.
Same. I’ve got a perfect place for a 10x10x10 outdoor cage. Wondering who make the best cage net

what if you use regular balls, outside, into a net? Will it still provide the same information? I unfortunately don't have high enough ceilings for an indoor setup. And I would have to pull the car out of the garage each time I would want to use it .... so that's a pain in the arse!

Back