Official Rant of the Day

My wife, bless her, has to deal with some of the worst stuff you can imagine. At 7:30AM this morning, she had to call the local authorities and DSS because a 4th grader in her school is being molested by her mother's "Sugar Daddy" boyfriend. This story gets worse because apparently the mother knew about this and let it continue to happen because the "boyfriend" threatened that if he went to jail, who would pay for the beach house, the new Jeep, trips, etc.

So Mom was "selling" her kid to the sugar daddy. Some people are so wonderful!

Protesters suck.

Frustrating end to the week. My wife and mom hate each other. It’s been a decade of varying degrees of tepid tolerance to outright hatred. It boiled over the top at Christmas and we basically haven’t spoke since. They’re both being children about it and there’s pretty much nothing I can do to fix it. My mom holds a grudge over something we literally can’t change because it happened 10 years ago and my mom was an asshole for 3 years before she said anything and it was info we would have needed in the moment to change.

I personally don’t care that much if they don’t get along. I’ll gladly defend my wife and tune it out and not have a relationship except that it’s impacting my daughter and how she views grandma as compared to how her closest cousin in age gets treated. My wife reached out to have a sit down and I had to be the moderator of a down and out off the chest fight. Frustrating evening but baby steps.

My wife, bless her, has to deal with some of the worst stuff you can imagine. At 7:30AM this morning, she had to call the local authorities and DSS because a 4th grader in her school is being molested by her mother's "Sugar Daddy" boyfriend. This story gets worse because apparently the mother knew about this and let it continue to happen because the "boyfriend" threatened that if he went to jail, who would pay for the beach house, the new Jeep, trips, etc.
This is a tough thing to deal with as an educator (I teach 6th grade math). Man, the stories that I have heard makes my childhood seem decent. Even though my parents were a couple of dope using, dope selling, pill popping drunk driving alcoholics who split up about once a month, I will say they never abused me.

My wife is a bailiff (glorified secretary for Magistrates) in juvenile court. Unfortunately this happens with monotonous regularity.

The boyfriend was arrested this morning.

My debit card got a fraud hit for over $2600.00 last night :mad: :mad: :mad: and now I have to wait until the amount clears to dispute the charge. Who knows how that will go.

Apparently someone is taking a flight some where with Delta on my money. This is a new card (only had it about 6 weeks) and I can count on 1 hand the number of times it has been processed without being in my hand. Twice were at a local pizza place we frequent often and another pizza place last month. On top of it I have to pay for a new fence and it is just a little bit more than the fraud charge so I really need that money.

I have learned a lesson though. My debit card will never be taken from my hands again. I will use a credit card for places that have to take my card out of my sight and just pay that amount the same day or week.
Finally got this resolved and the money taken out fraudulently has been put back into my account. This is such a relief.

Yes there is and at least at my prison they are still social outcasts.
Most of them try to hide why they are in.
Same back home. The rock spiders are protected to a degree because of what the other gronks would do to them.

The past couple of days my fridge has been acting up. The freezer works fine seemingly but the fridge is at 55* farenheit. Forced a defrost cycle a couple of times and then forced cooling. Neither seemed to work. Went to Home Depot and ordered a Frigidaire. It's hopefully will last longer than my Samsung. It made it 9 years.

Drunk driver took out power lines near my house last night around 01:00. Then proceeded to flee the scene and run into one of the houses under construction in the neighborhood.

Power has been out since then- 🤦🏻‍♂️ need coffee!

Drunk driver took out power lines near my house last night around 01:00. Then proceeded to flee the scene and run into one of the houses under construction in the neighborhood.

Break out the camp stove and the percolator.

So, after supper and dishes are done a lot of evenings and especially weekends, the wife says to find us something to watch on the various things we subscribe to. I have started rating movies this way: was the 1.5 hours of watching this movie better than searching for 1.5 hours? Number one, I hate the constant searching. Number two, once I find something, we watch for a brief time, the wife gets on her phone, then a little more, then more. Then, when she has no idea what is going on or there was a time switch to show what happened in previous years to support the plot or cast, she is totally lost. Then, wants to ask me about what is going on... I can't be the only one that deals with this, right?

Had a run in with a genuine Karen today.

So, after supper and dishes are done a lot of evenings and especially weekends, the wife says to find us something to watch on the various things we subscribe to. I have started rating movies this way: was the 1.5 hours of watching this movie better than searching for 1.5 hours? Number one, I hate the constant searching. Number two, once I find something, we watch for a brief time, the wife gets on her phone, then a little more, then more. Then, when she has no idea what is going on or there was a time switch to show what happened in previous years to support the plot or cast, she is totally lost. Then, wants to ask me about what is going on... I can't be the only one that deals with this, right?
When my wife asks me what's going on or who people are, I tell her I'm not the producer, she's seen as much as I have.

I hope it was with your pilot hat on and you put her in her place.
It was a tourist. On the ship from my home island to the mainland. And I did check her privilege.

It was a tourist. On the ship from my home island to the mainland. And I did check her privilege.
Oh Yeah Yes GIF by The Voice

There's a special level of hell reserved for those kind of scumbags.

Yes there is and at least at my prison they are still social outcasts.
Most of them try to hide why they are in.

You beat me to it. I have heard that even murderers have zero love for child molesters, and will hurt them if possible! So, Hell could come to dinner early if that creep gets convicted and sent to the slammer.
The past couple of days my fridge has been acting up. The freezer works fine seemingly but the fridge is at 55* farenheit. Forced a defrost cycle a couple of times and then forced cooling. Neither seemed to work. Went to Home Depot and ordered a Frigidaire. It's hopefully will last longer than my Samsung. It made it 9 years.

I opened my freezer yesterday morning to get some sausages and tater tots, and it opened a bit too easily. Apparently I hadn't closed it securely enough the last time i was in there, everything was covered in frost, and just a little shy of as cold as I'm used to things coming out of there! I got what I needed and made sure the door was securely closed. Opening my freezer this morning, all the frost had disappeared and temps were back to normal. It's a Frigidaire. My former fridge was the same brands and it lasted probably 20 years. My BIL has an ancient Frigidaire in his hunting cabin that has to be 40+ years old, and it works just fine! I don't care about the fancy brand names. Give me something solid and reliable that will last.

That's why I have a "camp" coffee pot that I can make coffee with on a stove burner or a campfire if necessary. It just occured to me that you may not have a gas stove, which I do. You could get a small camp stove, and a camp coffee pot and hold them in reserve for emergencies.

I opened my freezer yesterday morning to get some sausages and tater tots, and it opened a bit too easily. Apparently I hadn't closed it securely enough the last time i was in there, everything was covered in frost, and just a little shy of as cold as I'm used to things coming out of there! I got what I needed and made sure the door was securely closed. Opening my freezer this morning, all the frost had disappeared and temps were back to normal. It's a Frigidaire. My former fridge was the same brands and it lasted probably 20 years. My BIL has an ancient Frigidaire in his hunting cabin that has to be 40+ years old, and it works just fine! I don't care about the fancy brand names. Give me something solid and reliable that will last.

Yep, it's a Samsung fridge from 2015. Around 9 years. It replaced a Kenmore that was moved to the garage to be a soda holder. It wasn't cooling well but weirdly enough started cooling again in the garage.

I picked out a Frigidaire this time. And sometime next year I'm replacing the one in the garage too. Just for peace of mind. I don't want my garage sodas, beer (occasionally in the fridge), and frozen burritos to be lost if that fridge dies.

Yep, it's a Samsung fridge from 2015. Around 9 years. It replaced a Kenmore that was moved to the garage to be a soda holder. It wasn't cooling well but weirdly enough started cooling again in the garage.

I picked out a Frigidaire this time. And sometime next year I'm replacing the one in the garage too. Just for peace of mind. I don't want my garage sodas, beer (occasionally in the fridge), and frozen burritos to be lost if that fridge dies.
The freezer in our garage died two week ago, so I began shopping for a new one to replace it and cleaned out everything out of the freezer except for a few things (ice molds that were now water holders).

Yesterday, I randomly open the freezer and everything is frozen again and it's running just fine. So weird.

Back