How fancy are you?

Nice dinner out depends on the place but usually jacket, jeans and boots with a button up shirt

Corporate environment usually a button up and slacks maybe a jacket if in front of leadership

I'm very much not fancy. Solid t shirt and jeans is my go to. Company logo Nike golf shirt and jeans is my work attire, always untucked. Really don't go to fancy restaurants that would require anything more.

Completely depends.

Golf polo and pants to the office. Similar or button up shirt to dinner. Suit and tie to court.

Sports casual when at home, unless I’m in the garage when it’s overalls.

Suit guy. Most days I wear slacks and a button down dress shirt. But wear suits a lot.

Don’t own a suit. If I’m dressing up, it’ll be either a shirt or a knit polo with dark jeans. That’s about as smart as I get.

I am certainly not metrosexual. It used to be I wouldn't go out in public without a collared shirt, it was just the way I was raised. 6 decades later I have no issue going to the grocery in a Henley or nice Tee. I still only wear tank tops around the house or on the boat. If I have a coat and tie on someone either died or is getting wed. I really dont care about fashion, but I am not a slob. Most of my polos and quarter zips are bought on sale at Carls because they are last years. Like I care..........

Jeans/shorts and a polo or tee shirt.

At work, trousers, shirt/polo depending on who I’m seeing or where the job is.

I need to edit this because for most of 2024 it’s been waterproofs and Under Armour cold weather base layers etc. here in sunny Scotland.

Last edited:
I'm a full suit each and every work day kind of guy.

I'm as comfortable wearing a suit as I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

At work and dinner out I am a nice pair of slacks (Public Rec or Lululemon) with polo.

If presenting to execs from corporate or visitors will throw on a long sleeve button down shirt to dress it up a bit.

I wear a jacket now only at weddings, funerals and fancy dinner events (only if the norm). No jackets with jeans, too old for the Miami Vice look 🥴.

Not very fancy, though I remember a time when people dressed up for a lot more occasions than they do today, which included wearing suits and dresses while flying, as well as dressing up to go to church.

“Dress for your day”
I used to be pretty hard core starched shirts, polished shoes, and all that. I’ve gotten more f-u in my work attire except for “important” days. Seems like more golf attire is making its way into the office. I’m a big fan of Allbirds and the like. There’s a warm and fuzzy feeling sitting in my office and thinking “I could go straight to the course if I wanted 🤔

I tend to still follow the instruction manual. 🤣

12D4627C-9EDF-40DD-A45E-C1A235CABD1C.jpeg

I've kinda developed a style that is equal parts "screw off" and equal parts kinda fancy.

Basically i wear jeans, a nice jacket, and a novelty t-shirt. And that is my style

I did a talk at my old company wearing a "pollos hermanos" breaking bad shirt with a blazer.

This is comfortably my style now
I like this lol. Jacket with jeans and a black t-shirt is my go-to. Will switch the t-shirt with a white oxford if a little more formal is needed

I'm just trying to get some action. Sometimes that jeans and black t-shirt and sometimes it's a bit stepped up.

I'm not fancy but I will dress in what I think is appropriate for the occasion.

I have a suit and will grudgingly wear if I have to, but I'd prefer a pair of trousers and a shirt if I can get away with it.

Otherwise I'm a shorts and polo or t-shirt guy.

Winter time its khaki, button up and puffer vest. Summer time its khaki, polo and vest

Cowboy fancy count?

It's tee shirts and either a sweat pants or a jean. Once in a while, it will be a jean, sometimes a nice pants, and a sport coat.

I’m a jacket and tie kind of guy, And if no tie, I’m still wearing a blazer or sport jacket.

other than a wedding or a job interview the fanciest I will get is slacks and a golf shirt.

I'll wear black jeans and a button up short sleeve shirt (tucked or untucked, I don't know), and I'll be pissed if someone else shows up in a t-shirt because it meant I could have shown up in a frickin' t-shirt, lol!

If I know it's more formal, I'll have to go out and buy a sport coat, but I do have a tie I bought in the 90's if I need it. :) I hate wearing them.

I will suit up for the occasional wedding, funeral, etc...

But I haven't worn 'dress shoes' since my wedding. I don't do 'shoes', per se.

I have a large collection of various styles of Vans and wear one of those. I even have a Tuxedo with a houndstooth pattern vest and tie that matches one pair of Vans, so they usually are paired.

Back