Foresight GC3 and Bushnell Launch Pro

That’s kinda cool. I wonder why? They must not be selling well.
I’m not sure that is the case…with the new news take advantage of those wanting to add GSPro with the additional courses. Strike while the iron is hot before others follow.

I’m not sure that is the case…with the new news take advantage of those wanting to add GSPro with the additional courses. Strike while the iron is hot before others follow.
Sure. That could be too. I honestly don’t know. I have used a GC3. I know it is a fantastic product.

Stopped lurking and created an account to ask those of y’all with experience with the BLP:

Have you found the lack of measures face data to be a problem? I’m thinking of putting together a mat, net, LM setup for the back patio and the BLP/GC3 seems to be one of the best available (up to a certain price point at least), but face-to-path seems like a pretty major metric to be missing.

Am I overestimating it’s usefulness, or are you able to decently infer what it would tell you based on the stats which actually are measured?

Stopped lurking and created an account to ask those of y’all with experience with the BLP:

Have you found the lack of measures face data to be a problem? I’m thinking of putting together a mat, net, LM setup for the back patio and the BLP/GC3 seems to be one of the best available (up to a certain price point at least), but face-to-path seems like a pretty major metric to be missing.

Am I overestimating it’s usefulness, or are you able to decently infer what it would tell you based on the stats which actually are measured?
it's not a metric that's missing, i just don't think it's possible with a 3-camera system. for that level of info you need the 4th camera (and a lot more $$$). personally i haven't felt i needed to know face to path. path, attack and launch direction are good enough for what i care about.

i went online today to downgrade by subscription from gold to silver hoping to save some $$$ since i don't care about the simulator option. i thought i read within the last year that silver would still give club data. now it looks like NONE of the subscriptions give club data, you have to pay a full $1,500 to unlock that function. and it looks like fully unlocked isn't even an option?!

i continue to be so underwhelmed by foresight as a company

I read this yesterday off of the Plugged In Golf Website on this unit:

UPDATE (10/17/23): Bushnell has made a major change to the pricing of their Launch Pro. They now offer the Launch Pro with “Ball Data Only” for $2,000. To get club data, the pricing above remains the same, but this $2,000 option opens the door to a much larger group of golfers.

i went online today to downgrade by subscription from gold to silver hoping to save some $$$ since i don't care about the simulator option. i thought i read within the last year that silver would still give club data. now it looks like NONE of the subscriptions give club data, you have to pay a full $1,500 to unlock that function. and it looks like fully unlocked isn't even an option?!

Basic doesn't give you club data since you purchased early on? I thought I read that basic for purchases prior to October 2023 allowed for club data. I'd check with them on that

Because yours predates the new Ball Only version, you should already have club data unlocked because you effectively already paid that $1500. So you can go with whatever subscription model you want.

Because yours predates the new Ball Only version, you should already have club data unlocked because you effectively already paid that $1500. So you can go with whatever subscription model you want.
This is how I understood it as well

this is interesting. i guess i just need to call and talk to somebody. that would be nice, save a little $$$. i bought on pre-release and went with gold from the jump because club data is essential for why i wanted the unit in the first place.

I have always wanted a LM for various reason, but I honestly never knew how owning one would assist with transforming my game. Since my lesson the ability to understand and see my swing path on the GC3 has been instrumental. Breaking down the data is always fun post session. I’ve taken it to the range a few times and I’d rather be hitting off a mat, because if not you are constantly moving the LM around due to divots, etc.

The next step in the journey will be to unlock its use as a SIM for game play. The search for a gaming continue continues.

I have always wanted a LM for various reason, but I honestly never knew how owning one would assist with transforming my game. Since my lesson the ability to understand and see my swing path on the GC3 has been instrumental. Breaking down the data is always fun post session. I’ve taken it to the range a few times and I’d rather be hitting off a mat, because if not you are constantly moving the LM around due to divots, etc.

The next step in the journey will be to unlock its use as a SIM for game play. The search for a gaming continue continues.
Continue the gaming PC discussion on the Garage Sim thread. But the questions there are:
  • How much do you want to spend?
  • What sim software are you planning to use? (Now that Foresight has many available/officially supported)

this is exactly why i have the blp. it’s such a great tool to confirm whether swing changes are working, and real time feedback as you work on feels/drills.

the latter issue is a big complaint for me. it is what it is, but why something like trackman or full swing that’s doppler based seems like a better solution for outdoor.

one kudos, and one rant

kudos to bushnell or foresight for the firmware battery calibration. i've had two separate issues where my blp won't hold a charge at all. the first time i had to tether the unit to a pc then install a software patch. recently it happened again, but i found the calibration and it worked brilliantly.

my rant is against all foresight apps. i don't have strong enough language for how much i despise them. i spent over 2 hours practicing yesterday and collecting a bunch of data. every time i tried to generate the report in FSX Pro, the app crashed. i tried a bunch of things to fix it, nothing worked. today i pull up the app to just manually transcribe the data into a spreadsheet, and the whole session has been deleted. i didn't delete it, but it's gone. i'm so frustrated.

I'm convinced that the BLP monitor does not track path well. I can feel the out to in swing sometimes and get strange readings.

my rant is against all foresight apps. i don't have strong enough language for how much i despise them. i spent over 2 hours practicing yesterday and collecting a bunch of data. every time i tried to generate the report in FSX Pro, the app crashed. i tried a bunch of things to fix it, nothing worked. today i pull up the app to just manually transcribe the data into a spreadsheet, and the whole session has been deleted. i didn't delete it, but it's gone. i'm so frustrated.
Agreed. the softwrare for foresight is terrible. Every time they fix something, something else doesn't work. Lots of crashes, bad ball dynamics in game. Horrific.

one kudos, and one rant

kudos to bushnell or foresight for the firmware battery calibration. i've had two separate issues where my blp won't hold a charge at all. the first time i had to tether the unit to a pc then install a software patch. recently it happened again, but i found the calibration and it worked brilliantly.

I have had this conversation with their team. They know it needs work.
I have switched to using a device far less expensive than my GCQuad in the SkyTrak+ because the software and UI is so freaking good.

I'm convinced that the BLP monitor does not track path well. I can feel the out to in swing sometimes and get strange readings.
i've run the blp alongside trackman and it tracked everything identically. in fact, the blp picked up more shots than trackman which seems to miss a lot of shots. that said, i was a bit skeptical of my path in yesterday's practice session. got a lot of 4-7* in-to-out, but not seeing ball flights or feeling like the path was that much from the inside. i have a lesson scheduled with my instructor next week and might run the two unit side by side again to see how they read.

I have had this conversation with their team. They know it needs work.
I have switched to using a device far less expensive than my GCQuad in the SkyTrak+ because the software and UI is so freaking good.
the fsx live upload hasn't worked in almost year. it's so stupid that the tethering between the gc3 and ipad uses wifi. the app won't let you in without the wifi connection, then once you're in the app you have to swap to a wifi with internet connectivity if you want to email the report. even then, ending the session to upload to fsx live never works. the unit is great, but the app functionality is an abortion.

one kudos, and one rant

Sorry for your issues however I must thank you for posting this up. I was thinking it might be worth it to get the BLP due to better data but I keep reading how bad the user experience is.

Sorry for your issues however I must thank you for posting this up. I was thinking it might be worth it to get the BLP due to better data but I keep reading how bad the user experience is.
the actual unit is fantastic. it's been very helpful for me as i have been working to rebuild my swing for the better part of 3 years. having real-time confirmation of path, attack, launch, spin, etc is great for me to know whether i'm correctly implementing what my instructor and i are working on.

i'm also a big data guy. it's cool to track progress by comparing historical sessions. the app has always been clunky, but at least it (mostly) worked. the newest fsx pro for ipad rollout seems to have addressed some bugs, but others are still an issue and now there seem to be new bugs. it's crazy that a company could be so bad at this...

if i had it to do over again, i'm not sure i'd buy the blp. but not for the reasons mentioned above. my biggest beef is the unit placement and hitting area. you can get a lot more shots out of a patch of grass with something like trackman than you can with the blp. the blp's hitting area is small, so if you chunk a shot, you've used up a lot of hittable space. this means you have to move the unit, recalibrate alignment, etc. there's just a lot of starting and stopping. i think for indoor use that is tethered to a pc, the blp is probably among the best (although @JB's comment above indicates there are still issues). but for my use, it's just not ideal.

i've run the blp alongside trackman and it tracked everything identically. in fact, the blp picked up more shots than trackman which seems to miss a lot of shots. that said, i was a bit skeptical of my path in yesterday's practice session. got a lot of 4-7* in-to-out, but not seeing ball flights or feeling like the path was that much from the inside. i have a lesson scheduled with my instructor next week and might run the two unit side by side again to see how they read.

I don't trust the path all the time either. I think within a session, it will be directionally correct, but I took get those big ones from time to time and KNOW that I'm not 6-7 I-O.

Also, if i'm working on working the ball, I'll start registering some cuts as 0.5 i-o when I know I'm definitely on the other side. I usually wonder if the singular point on the club vs the multiple points on the GC4 make the club path option to be less accurate. Maybe the club closure affects if it's catching up or down?

I watched a video yesterday where a GC Quad was compared with the Trackman. And the path numbers were about 4 degrees different between units. Some extreme shots off the heel or toe were up to 6 or 7 degrees difference.

But he said he trusted the Quads numbers from what he was feeling in his swing. And toe shots, and heel strikes on the trackman caused all sorts of wild path numbers.

Of course having such big discrepancies in club data between the two best launch monitors isn't a good thing. As you start to wonder if you can trust the data.

But I think I trust the BLP path numbers tbh. I played around on a trackman last weekend, and with driver I was hitting it on the heel some, and I got similar results that he got, heel shots were reading extreme out to in numbers. When I'm generally in to out on the BLP. Granted I was hitting like crap that day.

One positive I guess is pretty much all the other data was the same between the two.

Last edited:
Also if anyone's curious. I was inquiring about a Quad a couple days ago, since I missed the black friday sale. They were willing to do a fully unlocked unit for $15999, with the included bushnell pro range finder. Which is $1000 more than the blackfriday deal, so I think I'm holding off. He said they'd honor that till the end of the week.

But I also asked if they had any info on upcoming releases around PGA show time, and he did say the quad was getting a refresh. New color, something about the buttons, and the glass, but he said it was just cosmetic changes, and no changes to the hardware. But he could have just been telling me that to keep some secrets, and maybe get a sale..lol

the actual unit is fantastic. it's been very helpful for me as i have been working to rebuild my swing for the better part of 3 years. having real-time confirmation of path, attack, launch, spin, etc is great for me to know whether i'm correctly implementing what my instructor and i are working on.

i'm also a big data guy. it's cool to track progress by comparing historical sessions. the app has always been clunky, but at least it (mostly) worked. the newest fsx pro for ipad rollout seems to have addressed some bugs, but others are still an issue and now there seem to be new bugs. it's crazy that a company could be so bad at this...

if i had it to do over again, i'm not sure i'd buy the blp. but not for the reasons mentioned above. my biggest beef is the unit placement and hitting area. you can get a lot more shots out of a patch of grass with something like trackman than you can with the blp. the blp's hitting area is small, so if you chunk a shot, you've used up a lot of hittable space. this means you have to move the unit, recalibrate alignment, etc. there's just a lot of starting and stopping. i think for indoor use that is tethered to a pc, the blp is probably among the best (although @JB's comment above indicates there are still issues). but for my use, it's just not ideal.
I so rarely align mine, I’m just like eh screw it it was probably close enough. But if it’s mat day at the range, oh then heck I’ll align it once and be set. I’m good with that, but on turf? I don’t have time for that.

Back