Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

Cobra is not my thing, but I’m happy for their many fans here on THP. New club day is always a good day (y)
Why is Cobra not your thing? Just Curious

These look sick! Do we have any crown images or address pics?
1000053691.jpg

Ready to rock!

1000053687.jpg

Looks great in the bad too! Great headcover this year.

I'll never forget the first time I saw and heard this one at the Morgan Cup. Such a great Experience seing the reactions.

I've got the heavy weight back and that added option this year is big for someone like me who likes the look of the LS but needs a little more launch and spin.

I really like sound. Solid compared to some others. Some great shaft options this year with UST Mamiya Lin-Q throughout the line too. Everyone needs to get out and try these ASAP!

Having played Cobra drivers for the last several years I can confidently say this is without a doubt the best driver they have put out in the looks dept. Oh and the headcover is awesome too ;)

I hit the 8 degree head with a surprising amount of results. I didn't know that it was different from the rest of the LS line.. Kinda dig that. lol.

I will test them before deciding but I think probably the X is where I'll end up honestly.
X weight forward sound like a lot of fun to test

These look so good. So fricken good.

View attachment 9235674

Ready to rock!

View attachment 9235675

I'll never forget the first time I saw and heard this one at the Morgan Cup. Such a great Experience seing the reactions.

I've got the heavy weight back and that added option this year is big for someone like me who likes the look of the LS but needs a little more launch and spin.

I really like sound. Solid compared to some others. Some great shaft options this year with UST Mamiya Lin-Q throughout the line too. Everyone needs to get out and try these ASAP!
Awesome, thanks. I was wondering if you guys had tested these at MC

View attachment 9235674

Ready to rock!

View attachment 9235675

I'm getting some strong F8 vibes with the aesthetics. Love that look.

It's been said many times, but they sure killed it in the looks department with DARKSPEED. Stunning. I can hardly wait to get my hands on these at my fitting on Jan 20! The fact that these hit shelves on my bday seems like some kind of ironic sign and I'm here for it! Great article @ddec. Thanks for the time that went into that!

Great comparison photos. Thanks for that.

View attachment 9235674

Ready to rock!

View attachment 9235675

Any chance you have a comp pic of the 8* LS and 9* LS?

Oh baby. These look awesome, and I can’t wait to see them in the wild. A little unsure of where my fit would be in this line-up but I’m intrigued. Once again Cobra comes in at a very attractive price point as well.

View attachment 9235674

Ready to rock!

View attachment 9235675

That shaft being logo up freaks me the f**k out.

View attachment 9235674

Ready to rock!

View attachment 9235675

I’m listening…..

It could be a 10.5* LS too, I won't rule anything out before testing. I will say we saw a LS head at the Morgan Cup and I really liked the shaping of that, I haven't seen the X in person.
Weren't you testing the AJ LS to take the left miss out of the equation?

All in all, a fantastic looking driver series 😍 Love the little accent colors on different models. And knowing how good AJ was especially with a toe miss, to now read rhey made it even batter in retaining speed off-center blows my mind.

It'll be super interesting to get fit into these with the weight placement options and shaft options.

That shaft being logo up freaks me the f**k out.
😆 I know it's been a little different for me to look at, but have had the best results with it flipped to the upright position on my adapter.

😆 I know it's been a little different for me to look at, but have had the best results with it flipped to the upright position on my adapter.
Oh sure blame it on the adapter position and not the build 😂

There’s a fix for that…. Hahaha

Back