Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Fairway Wood Review

That’s my dilemma as well.
I went with the 5 wedge setup. As a result I left out a 5 wood. So far it’s been working out brilliant.
The 9W would take the place of the 5H in the long gap to the top.
I just need something easier to hit at the top of my bag that’ll go far. It’s more just my speed than anything but it would be nice being able to hit a 240 5w off the tee where 3w could just get smoked past that if I catch it well enough

It’s supposed to be like the new Ventus Blue release, same Ventus just Velocore+. Red is due later this year, The Open IIRC.

TR Black is a little out of my range, Black gives me the right amount of feel and stability I need. Swung a TR Black in my FW fitting because it was the weight I found was doing better for me and took some adjustments
The TR is an improvement in feel from the first version for me. It has worked really well in my driver, fairway, and UW.

The TR is an improvement in feel from the first version for me. It has worked really well in my driver, fairway, and UW.
Definitely good to find a shaft you can rely on to make the clubs work. It makes a difference when you try to swing smooth because you’re confident in your swing.

Also watching the ball go far, that gives confidence too :ROFLMAO:

The AI Smoke 3 Wood is a rocket launcher. That's all. The most fun club to hit in my bag.

The AI Smoke 3 Wood is a rocket launcher. That's all. The most fun club to hit in my bag.
Yep! Absolute joy to hit.

Love my 3W HL, its so nice when it you get a very good strike on it

Love my 3W HL, its so nice when it you get a very good strike on it
It's a once every few rounds club for me but part of me wishes I'd gone with the 3HL over the 5W.

It's a once every few rounds club for me but part of me wishes I'd gone with the 3HL over the 5W.
You can always carry both…. Just saying. No laws with the smokes!

Yeah, the 3HL just makes me laugh some times. Straight penetrating laser rockets today. My coach said what got into you with the fairway. It just clicked well today.

I saw some mid-high penetrating ball flights, carry was about 205 with range balls. Played 9 holes after and saw about 210 carry with rollout to 220 (had quite a bit of rain so not much rollout).

Today felt effortless. I didn’t have to drive the club through the ball, just a good turn back and a good turn through.

This club has completely changed my mind on fairways - I was so close to dumping them all together. I generally had a 5w in my bag just to carry one but almost never used it. Not anymore. I smile in anticipation of pulling this 3W HL out!

Was on a short course today so only got to hit 2 shots with the TD 3 wood, wet conditions weren’t really helping off the deck but still ended up crushing one off an uphill lie and overshot the fairway off the tee trying to lay up. Wish I could’ve had more chances at hitting it.

Played 2 rounds this weekend with my new fairway woods.

Max D 3 HL - hit some good tee shots and fairway shots, but need to practice a little with this to get my fairway ball position down.
Max D 7 wood - hit 12 rough / fairway shots. The best fairway performance for me ever. Consistent 205 - 215 distance and dead straight. Supreme!
Smoke 9 wood - same great dead straight consistency as the 7 wood. 185 - 200 distance. Love it!

Came home today after golf and ordered the smoke 11 wood. I've always liked my hybrids, but these things are ridiculously powerful and straight for me. :love:

So mercy this wood was rolling yesterday at my Tuesday evening league. It out drove my group routinely including a 265-270 smoked fade off the tee on a semi dog leg left. My random foursome actually gave me a standing ovation for my 3 wood driving at the end of the round. 😆. Might be a highlight of 2024 tbh. 😅

So mercy this wood was rolling yesterday at my Tuesday evening league. It out drove my group routinely including a 265-270 smoked fade off the tee on a semi dog leg left. My random foursome actually gave me a standing ovation for my 3 wood driving at the end of the round. 😆. Might be a highlight of 2024 tbh. 😅
That is awesome. The Triple Diamond 3w is an absolute beast for me--it's an amazing combination of low spin and forgiveness that I have not seen before.

Sounds like something you can definitely count on and that's huge!!

Played 2 rounds this weekend with my new fairway woods.

Max D 3 HL - hit some good tee shots and fairway shots, but need to practice a little with this to get my fairway ball position down.
Max D 7 wood - hit 12 rough / fairway shots. The best fairway performance for me ever. Consistent 205 - 215 distance and dead straight. Supreme!
Smoke 9 wood - same great dead straight consistency as the 7 wood. 185 - 200 distance. Love it!

Came home today after golf and ordered the smoke 11 wood. I've always liked my hybrids, but these things are ridiculously powerful and straight for me. :love:
The 11 wood? That sounds amazing.
What will your bag setup look like after that? Love the idea of the added FW to the bag.

That is awesome. The Triple Diamond 3w is an absolute beast for me--it's an amazing combination of low spin and forgiveness that I have not seen before.
Sounds like something you can definitely count on and that's huge!!
Absolutely. I meant dog leg right lol. The one guy who has played tournaments who with me was like “God that’s beautiful“ lol. Definitely a great timing with some big events coming up. It’s gonna be needed no doubt.

Started finding my swing again the other day with the 5W and HW while in the sim. Its funny how quickly it can come and go somehow.

Working on things from my instructor to get away from the "sweep" idea with my wood swing to get some distance and ball flight improvements.

It is definitely getting there!

The freaking 3W HL was insane on fire recently. Today - zero bad shots and some absolute gems!

IMG_9332.jpeg

235 from a 3W ????? Yeah I stuffed the bed after that for a bogey but dang - this club crushed it

And another one!

IMG_9330.jpeg

I’m only expecting 210 out of this club but Bada Bombs here!

The 11 wood? That sounds amazing.
What will your bag setup look like after that? Love the idea of the added FW to the bag.
Hey brians,

Moved away from the 4,5,6 hybrids and went to 7, 9, 11 smoke woods. Still have 2 hybrids (7+8 smoke HLs) and 8 - GW irons, + wedges. The woods are so easy to hit and laser straight for me. The smoke HL hybrids are long, so move to 7+8 from 6+7. I also have /use the Max D 3 HL for short par 4s. Still working on the fairway shot with that one.

The balance and weight of these woods are just fantastic. They really freed me up from my 4+5 hybrid struggles.

Just picked up my TD 7 wood after waiting 5 weeks for it to arrive...yes I said 7 wood. I surprised myself when buying it because I was looking for a new hybrid but at a fitting day I hit this so well I just had to buy it. Can't wait to play tomorrow to see how it goes on the course...fingers crossed it's as good as it was on the range.

Just picked up my TD 7 wood after waiting 5 weeks for it to arrive...yes I said 7 wood. I surprised myself when buying it because I was looking for a new hybrid but at a fitting day I hit this so well I just had to buy it. Can't wait to play tomorrow to see how it goes on the course...fingers crossed it's as good as it was on the range.
I am curious about this one. How does it look at address compared to TD 3 and 5w? I’ve only glanced at TD 5w in person once and it looks much more compact than 3w

I am curious about this one. How does it look at address compared to TD 3 and 5w? I’ve only glanced at TD 5w in person once and it looks much more compact than 3w
I never actually saw the 3w or 5w. I was doing a driver fitting and this was a little bit of an afterthought to try. I think it'll take a little getting used to seeing what looks like a lot of loft to me (even though it's similar to the 3 hybrid it's replacing) but i like the look. Here's a pic.
1000001897.jpg

Hey brians,

Moved away from the 4,5,6 hybrids and went to 7, 9, 11 smoke woods. Still have 2 hybrids (7+8 smoke HLs) and 8 - GW irons, + wedges. The woods are so easy to hit and laser straight for me. The smoke HL hybrids are long, so move to 7+8 from 6+7. I also have /use the Max D 3 HL for short par 4s. Still working on the fairway shot with that one.

The balance and weight of these woods are just fantastic. They really freed me up from my 4+5 hybrid struggles.
Great to hear. When you say balance are you talking about weight distribution? Or something else?

The Max D 3HL is the real deal. I’m really liking what I am seeing with this club so far.

The Max D 3HL is the real deal. I’m really liking what I am seeing with this club so far.
Completely agree, what aspect of the club makes you say that?

Back