Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

In what way does the TR Blue feel deferent? Do you see that in the results on course?
Yeah I normally place the original Ventus Black. TR Blue has a little different overall feel because it's a different load profile. Bends at a little different point. I seem to be playing it well though, and I didn't used to, so that's fun.

Looking at that video if the trajectory is properly represented by the tracer app I find it interesting that you want to go down in loft. It didn't seem like the trajectory was excessively high to me, but I guess we are all used to different looks. (y)
Well it's a big carry so that can flatten the look a bit from behind. Honestly I think I reacted pretty quickly to the flight because it got to what I would call my normal peak much quicker. Dead giveaway. I don't really have a need or desire to live too high in the sky off the tee. We're all different though.

Life been busy but managed to get 9 in tonight… in love with this drive and the flat cog… my miss is now right (in a good way. I’m not losing the ball) it’s not a hooky pull anymore . The only thing right now I’m seeing I maybe too low of a ball flight! Next round out I am going to change it to either +1 or 2 and see how that goes

I finally made the shaft switch for the Max D so I could actually receive my club from Callaway :D

Went with Mitsubishi Kai'li Red 50 R. Should have next week.
Hopefully it arrives quickly and works well for you! Keep us posted!

yesterday I took delivery of what I refer to as the @Mmaynard11 Model. Paradym Ai Smoke Max 9° with UST Mamiya LinQ M40X Blue 6F4. Sadly the day was crazy, so I only took a couple of swings with it in the garage. Hopefully some range or SkyTrak+ time tonight.

yesterday I took delivery of what I refer to as the @Mmaynard11 Model. Paradym Ai Smoke Max 9° with UST Mamiya LinQ M40X Blue 6F4. Sadly the day was crazy, so I only took a couple of swings with it in the garage. Hopefully some range or SkyTrak+ time tonight.
I would be interested if you hit bombs or knee cap burners with it. The real question is...is it turned down to 8*?

Played 9 yesterday on a perfect day.
A few tweaks to the swing finally have me hitting out a bit more on the face.
I finally see what all the fuss is about on a toe shot! It stayed straight as an arrow on that mishit.
My usual mishit is closer to the heel. It goes straight-ish and a bit higher but it’s safe every time.
Off the toe I knew it was “wrong” but the results were ridiculous. I know I’m not a long hitter to begin with, but this was zero loss of distance. Zero.
Very promising. The hope is that I can keep working the swing (it’s mostly hand and shoulder positioning) to keep the shots center and out at worst.

I would be interested if you hit bombs or knee cap burners with it. The real question is...is it turned down to 8*?
quite possibly. If I hit knee cap burners though, we shall call that a success.

Played 9 yesterday on a perfect day.
A few tweaks to the swing finally have me hitting out a bit more on the face.
I finally see what all the fuss is about on a toe shot! It stayed straight as an arrow on that mishit.
My usual mishit is closer to the heel. It goes straight-ish and a bit higher but it’s safe every time.
Off the toe I knew it was “wrong” but the results were ridiculous. I know I’m not a long hitter to begin with, but this was zero loss of distance. Zero.
Very promising. The hope is that I can keep working the swing (it’s mostly hand and shoulder positioning) to keep the shots center and out at worst.
Welcome to the club of playing out on that side of the club! It's not a bad place to be this year lol

Welcome to the club of playing out on that side of the club! It's not a bad place to be this year lol
It feels so good to be in the club lol
Also the sound…it literally sounds like a sweet spot hit. (Technically this club face is designed with a ton of them in the tech but you know what I mean lol)

Last edited:
quite possibly. If I hit knee cap burners though, we shall call that a success.
Takes the wind out of the equation

Takes the wind out of the equation
indeed. Also a better chance I can actually follow the ball flight without having to ask my partners "where'd that go?"

He needs Callaway to release his signature 2023 Grandaddy Captain Special Edition model.

He needs Callaway to release his signature 2023 Grandaddy Captain Special Edition model.
I mean he's a youtube star now too, so there will certainly be heavy interest.

I mean he's a youtube star now too, so there will certainly be heavy interest.
It's true. It's internet famous for sure.

See if our robot overlords can help me with my driving….

IMG_1011.jpeg

indeed. Also a better chance I can actually follow the ball flight without having to ask my partners "where'd that go?"
I know this feeling all too well.

I finally made the shaft switch for the Max D so I could actually receive my club from Callaway :D

Went with Mitsubishi Kai'li Red 50 R. Should have next week.
Let us know how it works for you. The Max D is a great driver.

See if our robot overlords can help me with my driving….

View attachment 9262073
Its Beautiful Fx GIF by Mayans M.C.
Cannot wait to hear post round thoughts!

Its Beautiful Fx GIF by Mayans M.C.
Cannot wait to hear post round thoughts!

Just back from the range with it. Rushed a small bucket just to see....

I put a 6g weight up front and set it up with a Cally shaft I had on hand (RDX Blue 6.5). It seems to be performing well for me. I like the setup and shaping behind the ball and how it frames the ball at address. It was def helping me more on my poor swings than my Qi10 std head does.
So far the my only negative is the feel. Perhaps not a fair comparison but the Qi10 feels much better off the face. *NOTE: this is with range balls. I'm sure/hopeful that premium golf balls will make the feel much better.
Def excited to work with it more.

Obsessively checking the status of my order has paid off. It has shipped!!!

Now I can obsessively check the UPS App until it gets here.

I finally got to play my newly acquired AI Smoke Max Driver. Wow, just wow. Worth the "overinflated" cost (to my wife anyhow). I hit it straight (wind exceptions) and drove it far, really far (for me). Just for an example, I have been struggling with my game lately, hovering around the low 90s, then today, an 81. Only 2 off my personal best. I struck my irons fantastic, and my putting was mostly great (except for 1, 4 putt, and 1, 3 putt). I think my great experience with the driver carried over to my entire game in a positive way. Super happy right now and can't wait to play again.

Back