Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

So finally a range season at my home course with my 1st round with club open tomorrow.
Took a few swings to figure things out as I was missing right again.

Today I switched the Cog to D/-1 from N/-1 and key the sliding weight neutral.

Seemed ball flight straightened out. No misses left but the right shot seemed to go away.

This club definitely his highest than my old Paradym and the toe forgiveness is insane. The range ball would leave a mark you could wipe off the face and I hit a few that I knew were tow side with a beautiful soft high draw that my friend was starting great drive...

I showed him the mark to which he replied will I read that high toe is where you want hit shots these days.
I said But not an inch high toe!

Excited to see what it does at my home course.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Welp, did the demo fitting thing for the driver. I did get maybe 10 more yards. However after comparing to the Taylor Made, I am leaning that direction. Calaway guys were cool, but it just did not feel right. I cannot say exactly, maybe its the TM sound even. Something else that is odd but not their fault is that my swing speed is like 98 to 105 but I was hitting the regular shaft better in the TM driver. Is that crazy?
Preference is a powerful thing my man! If you like it better, you can actually hit it better. So it's not crazy

But you said you were getting more distance with the Smoke. Was dispersion not great for you with that extra distance? Or does it just come down to feel/sound for you?

50% Trade In Bonus on the AI Smoke line going on currently at Callaway!

Preference is a powerful thing my man! If you like it better, you can actually hit it better. So it's not crazy

But you said you were getting more distance with the Smoke. Was dispersion not great for you with that extra distance? Or does it just come down to feel/sound for you?

Right now my scoring is not impacted by the extra distance. There are just too many other variables. And now that you mention it, I think feel and sound are it comparing the two. I am still trying to work out the stiff vs regular staff performance really. Lots to think about at least.

Btw I also put my Tour ADHD 5s which is a perfect shaft for this head. Even the graphics match!

Got my new Max D out on the course for the first time yesterday. It was in a member-member tournament so the range was a bit packed beforehand so I only got to hit 8-10 when warming up. The first 2 drives on the course my swing felt like they were huge misses...however even though they both missed the fairway it was only by a few yards and still playable (both I thought would have been way farther off line). The third drive felt slightly off the toe but good contract and was absolutely bombed. I actually outdrove my partner who's normally around 20+ yards longer than me. I won't go through every shot but I was constantly amazed at the improvement I was seeing over my 3 year old Epic Max LS. The confidence quickly ramped up as I felt like I could hit it on a couple tighter holes that I normally hit 3 wood on for safety.

I'd say this is exactly what I was hoping for - for the misses to be slightly straighter but not losing much distance (if any)...and when you square one up it's a great feeling!
That ability to pull driver instead of 3W because of the confidence in it, thats awesome!

Looking forward to hearing more about your thoughts!

I’m close to pulling the trigger on an Ai Smoke

I’m close to pulling the trigger on an Ai Smoke
Didn't we go through this song and dance last year with the Paradym??

Didn't we go through this song and dance last year with the Paradym??
Possibly and then I won one and gave it away within minutes.

Honestly last year I was so comfortable with Rogue St Max Ls that I wasn’t necessarily going crazy over anything else. This past week I hit Ai Smoke Max and the Mizuno ST Max and both seemed to give me a little more friendliness compared to Darkspeed LS. Which I may need in a couple of weeks.

I’m struggling with driver so much right now I may leave it home. Tomorrow is 7100 yards and slope of 144 (USGA) scorecard says 149. Not sure why….

Possibly and then I won one and gave it away within minutes.

Honestly last year I was so comfortable with Rogue St Max Ls that I wasn’t necessarily going crazy over anything else. This past week I hit Ai Smoke Max and the Mizuno ST Max and both seemed to give me a little more friendliness compared to Darkspeed LS. Which I may need in a couple of weeks.
Maybe it was the Rogue I was thinking of. I’m pretty sure it was.

I can tell you it’s indeed a driver you absolutley need. It’s stupid how good it is

Maybe it was the Rogue I was thinking of. I’m pretty sure it was.

I can tell you it’s indeed a driver you absolutley need. It’s stupid how good it is
also the trade in bonus is nice. So it’s ripe for the picking.

also the trade in bonus is nice. So it’s ripe for the picking.
Do it. It’s love at first hit. And you’ve hit it. So you know

Do it. It’s love at first hit. And you’ve hit it. So you know
Yeah but I’m like that drunk one at the party who loves everyone and everything

Yeah but I’m like that drunk one at the party who loves everyone and everything
200.gif

Do it drunky

Ok First round in on a balmy 48 degree windy day where it seems every hole played into the wind. Condition soft as we opened the club nearly 2 weeks earlier than usual.

All that said had a much better day with the driver.
Only had really 1 badly errant drive where I swing out of my shoes into the wind on a long hole.
Every other drive was in the fairway or within 2 or 3 yards but 1 other which flew straight but into a fairway bunker as the wind held it up.

It does fly noticeably higher than the Paradym it replaced. It is definitely more forgiving of strikes on the face.

I was able to get out today. First time playing since November and first swings since February. Played 9 holes and hit 2/7 fairways. All misses were playable and all were left. For someone who usually misses right this was quite different. I think I’m going to enjoy getting the Max D dialed in because I’m not used to hitting a draw.

Ok…. Something has changed. The ball is getting to about 250 yards and just nose diving. I’m playing the same settings as I didn’t in the Max ST and I’m thinking I may need to raise the loft a degree. Can’t figure out why it’s so much different but the best I can guess is the spin is way to low right now with my present delivery

I've started to get things straightened out, with a better path, but my contact is all over the place.

Speed is down, swing just feels weird, but hopefully a lesson on Wednesday helps things.

Honestly, it is time. I need to get outdoors, I am tired of hitting at a net!

That ability to pull driver instead of 3W because of the confidence in it, thats awesome!

Looking forward to hearing more about your thoughts!
Can't wait to get back out there with it...unfortunately probably not until next weekend at the Vokey Experience. I've got 2 things to look forward to.

Played today and had my best ever driving round! 11/13 fairways today and hit every fairway on the back 9. Just a great day on the course with this driver! I did take out the Denali Black and put a shorter (44.25") shaft in and it made swinging so much easier.

Drove it beautifully at Blue Ridge Shadows at my tour event yesterday. The results definitely didn’t show it on this very narrow sloping course. Hit the fairway about 30% but really should have been double atleast that based on the crazy bounces on the fairway into the rough. I only hit my hybrid and 3 three once each yesterday as I figured ride the hot club. Lost by one stroke (Which was at the hands of a very unlucky break.) but again a lot of bad breaks off the tee that could have made a world of difference if a few didn’t take wild bounces. Still My Max performed incredible on a narrow course and gave me a chance to win.

First bad rounds I’ve had with the driver. After all the confidence I’ve gained these last two weeks, it was a bit frustrating to lose the confidence these last two days. It was fully down to swing (like almost missing the ball at times, and a fade coming back when I haven’t seen hardly any fades all year). Just an off couple days.

Spent some time on the range instead of playing the back nine and I mostly found it again so that’s positive.

Back