Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

I alternated back and forth yesterday between Chrome Tour and Chrome Soft during my round. This has been an ongoing battle for me since December, and neither ball will jump clearly ahead and declare itself the winner for me. They both perform well and either one could easily be my #1 ball, with only very slight adjustment needed for the minor differences in greenside performance.
I am really hoping one or the other stands out for me once the weather improves. Well, hopefully before I run out of the four dozen total I have, I would like an idea of what I want to play full time.

I am really hoping one or the other stands out for me once the weather improves. Well, hopefully before I run out of the four dozen total I have, I would like an idea of what I want to play full time.
I bought 4 dozen CS on the B3G1, but I still have a dozen and a half or so CT left to do battle with them along the way. I also have the better part of a dozen CS TruTracks, and I'm really liking the design on those. I like TruTrack better than either Truvis or Triple Track.

The beauty of it is that I really don't care which ball I end up with full time, I like both of them and could easily just let chaos reign and never decide on one or the other. :LOL:

Another day out with the Chrome Tour ball and another day I’ve come away impressed and happy this is my ball for the year. Let’s focus on shots into the green for this post. We played a course yesterday where the greens are running at a 13+, to the point I feel putting on a hardwood floor would be easier of the two. I had multiple approach shots with wedges in hand from 60-90 yards and I was blown away. The others in the group, let’s say other two, weee playing a non CT ball couldn’t keep their shots on the putting surface or once the ball landed on the green they would keep on running.

My first shot was 65yds into a pin on an upper shelf about 10 paces on with a run off 7’ in front of the pin. My shot landed pin high, took one hop and spun back to the pitch mark leaving me a 6’ birdie putt. Which I missed.

The second was 85 yds into the green where I was focused on using the slope to pull the ball back to the hole. Well my shot landed on the slope a just stayed right next to the pitch mark. The group was like no way that stays on that slope with another ball. Good or bad it shows how much spin and gripping the CT line has.

Finally got a chance to play on a "calm" night where the wind wasn't blowing 15-20 mph and the CT was still a rockstar.

I tested it's durability last night hitting a couple off the cart path (really a gravel path) and I didn't see any abnormal wear on the ball at all. Maybe it just landed right, but there really wasn't a scratch on it which surprised the daylights out of me.

Not putting really well right now, but still love the feel off the face of the putter.

Just got some new CS Tru Tracks to give a try here. Looking forward to seeing if they're any better than the 22 version for me.

Anyone else having issues with custom golf balls ordered directly from Callaway? Its been about two months and still nothing.

Customer service has offered to cancel the order :ROFLMAO:

Probably had my best weather conditions last night to get a real feel for the new chrome tour ball triple track. I have to say this has a very soft feel, I have played Titleist pro v1 for the last few years. I thought the ball was soft off the face yet I was able to still have some spin around the green when chipping, I thought it felt soft on the hands and like it released like I wanted it to. Excited to get a few more rounds in with this ball.

I just did my first Ballnamic fitting. I've been playing the Bridgestone Tour B RX for the past couple months and seeing good success with it, but every recommended ball decidedly beat it out in the fitting. I had begun testing the Chrome Tour prior to being selected as a tester for the Mindset golf balls and now the Chrome Tour was the top recommendation from Ballnamic. Very curious to compare the CT to my current gamer head to head.

Played the Chrome Tour again Sunday and it just reinforced what I've been seeing. I get all the spin and descent angle I need on long and short approaches, plenty of distance off the tee, and the short game spin is in the sweet spot for me. I'm cooling on the TruTrack for putting, as I think it might be causing me to over think a bit (had a rough putting round), but that's a very personal thing I think.

Sidenote, I sent a short video to Callaway at their request giving them the quick summary of my thoughts on the ball, and they sent me another dozen Chrome Tours! Very awesome of them!

Kinda want to try something with the Tru Track.

What are folks thought about CS v. CT?
For me it came down to spin on shots into the green and where I saw the CT providing more. In the end that won out for me. Let me see if I have any CS left and if I do I will send a sleeve your way.

Anyone else having issues with custom golf balls ordered directly from Callaway? Its been about two months and still nothing.

Customer service has offered to cancel the order :ROFLMAO:
I ordered the yellow CT tru track a little after launch and just got a shipping notification yesterday.

I like the feel of CS a tad more and I seem to hit it a tad straighter. I could play CT or CS easily if one or the other wasn't available. I think I hit the CT a tad farther. I am using highly technical terms because I don't have them on a monitor and just going by what I think. I mainly switched after spending time chipping a sleeve of CS and just liked the softer feel around the green and off the putter. I have both in the bag and a sleeve of Supersoft in case I am having a bad day. I love a soft golf ball and Chrome Soft is the softest with great performance that I have tried.

For me it came down to spin on shots into the green and where I saw the CT providing more. In the end that won out for me. Let me see if I have any CS left and if I do I will send a sleeve your way.
The people’s captain coming through!

I like the feel of CS a tad more and I seem to hit it a tad straighter. I could play CT or CS easily if one or the other wasn't available. I think I hit the CT a tad farther. I am using highly technical terms because I don't have them on a monitor and just going by what I think. I mainly switched after spending time chipping a sleeve of CS and just liked the softer feel around the green and off the putter.
I tend to be your kind of ‘technical’ player. if I get too into ball flight numbers I go nutty and chase them.

thoughts on if you noticed any difference in peak height with driver between the two?

Probably had my best weather conditions last night to get a real feel for the new chrome tour ball triple track. I have to say this has a very soft feel, I have played Titleist pro v1 for the last few years. I thought the ball was soft off the face yet I was able to still have some spin around the green when chipping, I thought it felt soft on the hands and like it released like I wanted it to. Excited to get a few more rounds in with this ball.
How was the ball flight compared to the Pro v1? Distance with irons?

How was the ball flight compared to the Pro v1? Distance with irons?
I can’t say for certain right now because I have so many variables that have changed this year. I seem to be absolutely crushing it though. And my ball flight is higher with a better decent angle. I also had recoil darts installed in my irons , so it may be a combo of both.

I can’t say for certain right now because I have so many variables that have changed this year. I seem to be absolutely crushing it though. And my ball flight is higher with a better decent angle. I also had recoil darts installed in my irons , so it may be a combo of both.
It's to tell what's doing what when you have a new ball and clubs happening simultaneously.

I've been really happy with the Chrome Tour. I'm coming from the XLS so it wasn't a huge departure, although the Chrome Tour feels much softer and closer to the Pro v1 than the XLS IMO. The consistency in ball flight, launch, and carry have been impressive and now that the weather is decent, I'm starting to see what it can do around the greens and seeing a slight uptick in carry.

I tend to be your kind of ‘technical’ player. if I get too into ball flight numbers I go nutty and chase them.

thoughts on if you noticed any difference in peak height with driver between the two?
I hit them both high (playing my driver at 8 degrees). I think I get less spin off of driver with CS. When I did the fitting with Callaway, we didn'use these balls on the range. My fitter recommended that I try them both. He thought the spin for me with driver would be better with CS but was worried that the spin on irons wouldn't be enough. So far, CS has had enough spin for me off of irons, but I have only played 2 full rounds with them. Monday afternoon will be a test: I am playing my home course with new and rock-hard greens. I have played it with CT just fine and can provide more feedback after that round regarding CS. For now, I am keeping 3 balls in my bag; eventually I will have a budget ball (supersoft) and a performance ball (CS/CT).

For higher spin driver players, I think more should give CS a look.

I hit them both high (playing my driver at 8 degrees). I think I get less spin off of driver with CS. When I did the fitting with Callaway, we didn'use these balls on the range. My fitter recommended that I try them both. He thought the spin for me with driver would be better with CS but was worried that the spin on irons wouldn't be enough. So far, CS has had enough spin for me off of irons, but I have only played 2 full rounds with them. Monday afternoon will be a test: I am playing my home course with new and rock-hard greens. I have played it with CT just fine and can provide more feedback after that round regarding CS. For now, I am keeping 3 balls in my bag; eventually I will have a budget ball (supersoft) and a performance ball (CS/CT).

For higher spin driver players, I think more should give CS a look.
That last bit swayed which direction I’m going to go for a dozen as my driver spin is easily north of three on average when I hit balls in the back

That last bit swayed which direction I’m going to go for a dozen as my driver spin is easily north of three on average when I hit balls in the back
At the fitting, I was just over 3000 with the old CSX. That is why he said to try both. I think I am sub 3000 with both; I am just noticing a slightly straighter flight with CS and then of course feel around the green. If you like lots of spin around the green, you might like CT. I am not trying to talk you into CS; I think there is a high probability that I end up with CT as my gamer

The people’s captain coming through!
Ok I have a sleeve I can send your way. Tonight I will get on the LM and provide numbers on Driver, 7i, and wedge with the CS. Any other areas you want to see numbers on?

Wind-This past weekend it was pretty windy where we were. I had some provx and ctx with me.

The performance between the balls was wild. The ctx seemed to hold its lines much better and retained the distance I was expecting. I was clubbing up and trying to account for the distance.

Who knew the aero design was that impactful.

I've played both pretty extensively, and could easily play either one as my gamer. The CT spins on the greens a little better, the CS feels better to me off wedges and putter (I don't feel much difference off full swing shots). I'm leaning toward the CS as my favorite of the two just for the softer feel, but if I played softer/more receptive greens I might lean toward the CT (our greens are hard as rocks and you can't stop any ball on them, so the advantage is kind of muted). I don't have launch monitor numbers, but from playing them on the course I don't see any noticeable difference in launch/ball flight or distance that would sway me one way or the other.

As far as the TruTrack goes, I like it a lot. I bought CS Triple Tracks on the B3G1 deal because they were the only ones available from Callaway, but I would have much rather had TruTracks. I later discovered that another site had offered the TruTracks on the B3G1 deal, but it was already too late. I prefer TruTrack to either Triple Track or Truvis, if given a choice.

I've played both pretty extensively, and could easily play either one as my gamer. The CT spins on the greens a little better, the CS feels better to me off wedges and putter (I don't feel much difference off full swing shots). I'm leaning toward the CS as my favorite of the two just for the softer feel, but if I played softer/more receptive greens I might lean toward the CT (our greens are hard as rocks and you can't stop any ball on them, so the advantage is kind of muted). I don't have launch monitor numbers, but from playing them on the course I don't see any noticeable difference in launch/ball flight or distance that would sway me one way or the other.

As far as the TruTrack goes, I like it a lot. I bought CS Triple Tracks on the B3G1 deal because they were the only ones available from Callaway, but I would have much rather had TruTracks. I later discovered that another site had offered the TruTracks on the B3G1 deal, but it was already too late. I prefer TruTrack to either Triple Track or Truvis, if given a choice.
Still feel like there is a slight differences between 22' CS & 24' CS?

Back