My son bowled a 189-190-219 last night. His average increased to 186 and he's been invited to a Pepsi sponsored deal in March.

I had my best night in at least a month last night. The most consistent anyway, with 208-194-190 for a 592 series.

We've been bowling well as a team and after last week we jumped up to 2nd place and were bowling the 1st place team who were 3-1/2 points ahead of us. We took the first two games but were getting beat badly in the 3rd. By the 8th frame, our total pins lead was down to 2 pins. It was looking like a 2-2 split, but all four of us marked in the 9th and 10th frames and we held on to take total pins by 25. It would have been nice to sweep them and take over 1st, but going 3-1 against a really good team was satisfying.

Went 223-184-193 for an even 600. Our team went 2-2 as we lost the total pinfall by 9. Our anchor was working on a spare going into the 10th and he went gutter then 6 to wrap up the total pinfall loss. He had a rough night lol.

Also, I got my ball resurfaced and detoxed for the first time yesterday and it really is incredible how much it restores the ball. It practically looks brand new minus a few things here and there. Was very happy with the work.
Yea, resurface and detox can do wonders on a ball, it really does rejuvenate and gives that new ball feel to it. I have a ball spinner at home still and when I was more into it, would resurface all of my equipment at least once per quarter. I can't remember the last time I plugged it in or dropped a ball into a hot water bath for detoxing.

Lanes broke down quickly last night, I don't have the equipment for that yet and had to move way inside to find a line which I can do but not my preference. Shot 625, racks were crap, had a 4 pin slide over and stand up breaking the rack for a bit but the real lame shot of the night was a pocket 7-10 in the middle of a 5 bagger :rolleyes:

Took all 9 points from the first place team though. Won game 1 by 2 pins, game 2 by 100 and game 3 came down to the 10th, we were down 8 and both myself and their anchor were on opens. I threw the first, so did he. I buried the second and he missed high. So much fun we won game 3 by 2 also :oops:
Yeah, those sliding pins are such a pian in the rear. A house can really stop that from happening if they would only clean the pin decks regularly :rolleyes:

Seems the typical clutch performance from you Cap. :cool:(y)🔥

Tough sledding last night. My first encounter with someone throwing urethane intentionally. It was complete crap. They had 2 guys throwing urethane in game 1 to mess up the lines of my team. I was watching them and they would watch our guys throw then go throw their shot on our exact line their next time up. Normally I could care less but it was crazy how much it affected the shot from frame to frame.

I managed to shoot 617 last night and was high on the team. 2 of 3 two handers really struggled, though I think it was more mental than anything.

Continued my good run last night with a 649 (233+211+205). Still need to clean up on the easy spares as I missed the 8 pin on two separate occasions, but it feels really good to be bowling well above my average at the moment. Hopefully I can keep it up in tonight's league.

My son was one of eight chosen to represent the school on Friday for an all day pre-season tournament.

Outdid myself the first couple of months of our monthly couples league. 500 series both times and have a 169 average for the year so far.

Far out does the 143 average I had last year.

We'll see if it continues.... because I have absolutely NO idea what I'm doing differently. 😆🤷‍♂️

I was merely average again last night. 186-197-178 for a 561, which is my current average exactly. The last game should have been much better, but I could just not carry pocket hits on one lane. Luckily we finished the 10th on that lane and I struck on my first ball which sealed an 18-point win and total pins by 20. We went 3-1 and stayed top 3 in the standings.

I've really been struggling for several weeks stringing strikes together.

I started out my last league night really 🔥🔥🔥 with 10 in a row leaving a 10 pin which I nervously missed for a 288. Can't blame the wife for breaking my run for 300 this time. Got too fast and left that 10 pin.

The rest of the night just absolutely fizzled out for me.
288-203-199-157 for a 847 series (yes 4 games :cool:)

That missed 10 pin in game 1 was my one and only missed single pin leave so far this season.

Continued my good run last night with a 649 (233+211+205). Still need to clean up on the easy spares as I missed the 8 pin on two separate occasions, but it feels really good to be bowling well above my average at the moment. Hopefully I can keep it up in tonight's league.
You have really been on fire lately man. Keep at it and beating those personal bests! Always fun to do that.
Clean up those spares and you will be hitting 700's in no time. (y)

Snapped my 600 series streak yesterday with a 597, but more importantly, we went 7-0 (2 pts per game, 1 pt total pins) against the first place team. We're in a pretty distant 7th, but we've been moving up the standings the last few weeks.

Probably the best all around bowling night I’ve ever had. Went 173-143-128-182. Will be sore tomorrow.

Good night on the lanes, no chances at 300 for this week, but solid spare shooting keeping me in play. Just one open on the night with a split in 7th frame of game 4. Had to keep firm on every shot last night. Speed control was key, too slow go through the nose, too fast leave corner pins. I left seven 10 pins on the night.

203-255-238-212 for a nice 908 (yep 4 games)

I started out my last league night really 🔥🔥🔥 with 10 in a row leaving a 10 pin which I nervously missed for a 288. Can't blame the wife for breaking my run for 300 this time. Got too fast and left that 10 pin.

The rest of the night just absolutely fizzled out for me.
288-203-199-157 for a 847 series (yes 4 games :cool:)

That missed 10 pin in game 1 was my one and only missed single pin leave so far this season.
Damn 10 pins

159 - 252 - 199 = 610… don’t know what happened the first game, but basically zero releases felt good that game. Didn’t strike until the 10th. Luckily, I had a good last 2 games to salvage the night.

I had my best night in 2 months tonight. My last 600 series was on 9/13. Tonight I shot 209-204-198 for a 611. It felt good to finally get back on track. Team-wise, we went 4-0 tonight and may have moved into first place all alone. Just waiting to see the results of one match. We've gone 10-2 our last 4 weeks.

Last edited:
159 - 252 - 199 = 610… don’t know what happened the first game, but basically zero releases felt good that game. Didn’t strike until the 10th. Luckily, I had a good last 2 games to salvage the night.
Beat ya! :p

Nice shooting,

Son was informed last night that he will be a sub for the Varsity team at Varsity only tournaments. That's great because they recognise his potential and by staying JV he'll actually get to bowl at every tournament.

I was clean through 22 last night and thought I was going to have my first clean series. Alas, I missed a darn 4-pin.

217/215/169 = 601

Struggled finding the pocket the last game and didn't strike much. Ended the night with 2 opens I believe.

I had a rough start last night, just couldn't find the right line and then couldn't carry anything that found the pocket. Even left a 7-10 on a good hit. So frustrating.

Midway through the 2nd game I realized that the left lane was about 2-3 boards stronger than the right. I finished that game with 6 in a row and then started the 3rd with a 5 bagger. So 11 straight between the two games!

I ended up the night with 171-204-221 for a 596 series. We started the night in first by a half game and went 3-1, while the 2nd place team went 2-2 . So we increased our lead to 1-1/2 points with two weeks left in the first half of the season. It would be nice to hold onto that lead and the extra $$$ that comes with it.

My son bowled a 189-190-219 last night. His average increased to 186 and he's been invited to a Pepsi sponsored deal in March.

Best of luck to him. Seeing your kids accomplish things is the highlight of being a parent.

Absolutely crapped the bed in my Wednesday league last night. Just could not get comfortable for whatever reason and it was very frustrating. I couldn't have had more than 5 decent pocket hits all night.

156/148/173 = 477

Back