Bandon Dunes - Nearly Booked Through 2022

Same here, sucks we will miss each other. Have everything booked, 36 holes 3 straight days is going to hurt lol.
Old Mac and Trails are the hardest walks. I’ve done them together in one day as my 36. Not recommended.

There is some deal in the summer where you can try and play 72 holes in one day. The first course is regular rate, the second is replay rate, the third is free, and if you finish the fourth, they pay YOU.

Since you have to walk every one of those holes, I understand why they are confident not many people will finish. One day there I walked over 30,000 steps and more than 16 miles, playing just two courses. o_O

I did Brandon with a caddy and then Pacific with a pull cart. I was worried I was going to have a heart attack out there and nobody was going to find me until Tuesday - it was 9 o'clock and I was all alone out there. I've never slept as well as I did that night.

Hey I will be there at the beginning of May!

When you check in for your morning round, you can leave your extra shoes and socks near the shuttle drop off. They'll have plastic bags that they will tag, in case you forget to pick them up. I just remember before my trip, worrying about where the heck you were going to keep all your stuff while you play.

When you check in for your morning round, you can leave your extra shoes and socks near the shuttle drop off. They'll have plastic bags that they will tag, in case you forget to pick them up. I just remember before my trip, worrying about where the heck you were going to keep all your stuff while you play.
The caddies also tell you if you bag is too heavy and will have you empty your bags and leave at the shuttle stop. :ROFLMAO:

The caddies also tell you if you bag is too heavy and will have you empty your bags and leave at the shuttle stop. :ROFLMAO:
My bag had nothing removed by the caddy. My buddy's on the other hand... :LOL:

I'll be there next week starting 3/9-3/12. Any tips are more than appreciated and I just hope the weather cooperates lol

There is some deal in the summer where you can try and play 72 holes in one day. The first course is regular rate, the second is replay rate, the third is free, and if you finish the fourth, they pay YOU.

Since you have to walk every one of those holes, I understand why they are confident not many people will finish. One day there I walked over 30,000 steps and more than 16 miles, playing just two courses. o_O
I think one time I played my 36 then went to Preserve for my free round. My vague recollection I ended up playing over 50 holes. I was about dead, and I was in pretty good shape at that point. No way I could have played more.

I'll be there next week starting 3/9-3/12. Any tips are more than appreciated and I just hope the weather cooperates lol
Are you using a caddie? If it is your first time there I recommend it.

Two tips:
1. Be prepared for weather and walking
2. Embrace true links golf. (Amazingly, some people don't. They show up and grumble about links golf not being fair, about not being able chip off tight lies, about the greens being discolored, etc. To me that's like visiting the north pole and complaining the hotel doesn't have an open air pool)

Enjoy. Everything about Bandon is special.

Old Mac and Trails are the hardest walks. I’ve done them together in one day as my 36. Not recommended.

We are doing Old Mac and Trails on our third day. Should be a hell of a day.

Itinerary is as follows…

Day 0 - Drive to Bandon, crash at the Inn, suggestions for dinner?
Day 1 - Arrive on property, afternoon round at Dunes, dinner at The Forge.
Day 2 - AM at Preserve, afternoon at Pacific, dinner at Pacific Grill.
Day 3 - AM at Old Mac, afternoon at Trails, dinner at McKees.
Day 4 - AM at Sheep, lunch and start the long drive home.

For caddies we are going with a mix of double bags and group caddies. Some guys wanted all caddies, some wanted none. Only two of the twelve have been before so we decided caddies were essential.

Got a great group of guys. Ranging from scratch to 15 handicap. My one buddy is getting married the weekend before and going on the trip before his honeymoon. Clearly he found a keeper.

Itinerary is as follows…

For caddies we are going with a mix of double bags and group caddies. Some guys wanted all caddies, some wanted none. Only two of the twelve have been before so we decided caddies were essential.

Got a great group of guys. Ranging from scratch to 15 handicap. My one buddy is getting married the weekend before and going on the trip before his honeymoon. Clearly he found a keeper.
By the Inn do you mean the Bandon Inn in town? Regardless of where you're staying, I would head over to Tony's Crab Shack. Phenomenal crab sandwich there.

Itinerary is as follows…

Morning of Day 1 consider playing Shorty’s (free) and/or play the putting course which is located at Pacific. You will have a lot of time before that afternoon round, may as well do more golf stuff on property.

By the Inn do you mean the Bandon Inn in town? Regardless of where you're staying, I would head over to Tony's Crab Shack. Phenomenal crab sandwich there.

Yeah, the Bandon Inn in town. Should get in at a decent hour after an 11+ hour drive. Crab sandwich sounds real nice.

Morning of Day 1 consider playing Shorty’s (free) and/or play the putting course which is located at Pacific. You will have a lot of time before that afternoon round, may as well do more golf stuff on property.

Unfortunately Shorty's doesn't open until the afternoon. Based on when we get there, our only chance to play will be after the round at Bandon. Otherwise, definitely plan to get to the resort early to hit the range and play the Punchbowl!

Looks like getting a trip to bandon dunes won't happen until 2025 because man do they fill up fast!

Call them, let them know your plans and write down the name of the associate. The associate called me and gave me the heads up before you could book the dates I wanted. She said, “we are opening up your dates tomorrow, the email drops at 8a, but phones are usually light before 7. “. It was much appreciated and by the end of the call I had tee times and lodging reserved. Make sure the CC is ready to party for that call as well, booking for 12 was .

Call them, let them know your plans and write down the name of the associate. The associate called me and gave me the heads up before you could book the dates I wanted. She said, “we are opening up your dates tomorrow, the email drops at 8a, but phones are usually light before 7. “. It was much appreciated and by the end of the call I had tee times and lodging reserved. Make sure the CC is ready to party for that call as well, booking for 12 was .

Thanks for the tip, I talked to them last week and I can't remember when they said the 2025 reservations will go live, might have to call back and use this method.

Played the par 3 course and Bandon Dunes today
Interested in what your food takes are. Any place I should eat and not eat on site.

Interested in what your food takes are. Any place I should eat and not eat on site.
Everything is solid, it’s just a matter of what kind of view and food influence you want. My own opinion is the fancy/nice restaurant (where they serve breakfast in the morning) isn’t worth it / necessary.

Nice! How was it? Looks like you had a bit of weather today.
Yesterday morning was terrible. The par 3 course was flooded, we only hit tee shots and couldn't putt. We had a hail storm and a ton of rain the whole morning.

The afternoon round at Bandon was better. The greens were just fine, even though we did get more rain and another hail storm. The back 9 the rain was pretty much gone and it was just cold and windy.

I didn't bring enough cold weather gear, I was focused on rain gear. When it's 40 with wind and rain off the ocean it really hits you.
PXL_20230417_172919328.jpgPXL_20230418_004025828.jpgPXL_20230417_220404739.jpgPXL_20230417_235300232.jpg

Yesterday morning was terrible. The par 3 course was flooded, we only hit tee shots and couldn't putt. We had a hail storm and a ton of rain the whole morning.

The afternoon round at Bandon was better. The greens were just fine, even though we did get more rain and another hail storm. The back 9 the rain was pretty much gone and it was just cold and windy.

I didn't bring enough cold weather gear, I was focused on rain gear. When it's 40 with wind and rain off the ocean it really hits you.
View attachment 9172347View attachment 9172348View attachment 9172349View attachment 9172350
Woof. That's some weather. But I can't ever get over the views.

Hope you were able to get your Bandon trip figured out! I was staying about a mile off the resort and booked November 2020 for April 2021. Played Dunes, Sheep, and Trails.

If I talk to anyone who asks about Bandon I make sure to make a point that they play Trails. Our caddy said on multiple occasions that Trails is the definition of underrated. It is an absolutely amazing course!
Trails is my favorite of the bunch. ALL are great courses.
IMG_0468.jpeg

Back