23’ UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Shafts

More protos that are a bit different.

IMG_3817.jpeg

What's the difference between them?
Totally different shafts.
One is pretty close to what I am using.
One is a lighter weight, really stiff and low torque option.

Really hope that one you have comes to retail. Seeing the way you and JJRon swing it, I'd have to think it'd do well for so many golfers.

Another nine in with the LinQ M40X Blue in the Ai Smoke Max and I believe this is the shaft for me. The stability through out the swing is definitely felt and I know exactly where the club head is. Launch has been a degree or two higher over the Ventus Blue I was fit into and I am seeing about 10 yards more carry. Fairways have been a common theme since I've made the switch over.

I need to swing the one you have in play now, whenever you return.

I received a 5W with an M40X LinQ Red in 6F3. I hit it today. My driver swing speed is currently around 98mph. I was surprised to see a nice, high, straight ball covering my warm weather expected distance in cool weather. Going by the waggle test it flexes a bit more than my other shafts. But while swinging it the shaft didn’t feel loose at all. I felt like I was in control during the swing. It’s messing with my head a little but I’m considering an R flex M40X Red in my 3W.

I received a 5W with an M40X LinQ Red in 6F3. I hit it today. My driver swing speed is currently around 98mph. I was surprised to see a nice, high, straight ball covering my warm weather expected distance in cool weather. Going by the waggle test it flexes a bit more than my other shafts. But while swinging it the shaft didn’t feel loose at all. I felt like I was in control during the swing. It’s messing with my head a little but I’m considering an R flex M40X Red in my 3W.
Don't let it mess with your head, just let it happen. 🤣

Sounds like you found a fun combo.

Don't let it mess with your head, just let it happen. 🤣

Sounds like you found a fun combo.
Yeah, I’m sure I’ll forget about the flex after a bit. Especially after seeing more of the same results. It feels about like I would expect my other S flex M40X LinQ shafts to feel too. A fairway wood dart party? Sounds like a ton of fun to me. My layup in the fairway today landed on a slight downslope and didn’t reach the flat ground 10 yards from the start of the downslope. I imagine my approaches into greens are gonna stick pretty hard.

A fairway wood that lands high and soft...and sticks. That sounds like a winner to me. I really want to test out a red some day.

I was able to hit a Darkspeed X with the LinQ Blue 6F3 today. Just a handful of swings, since I didn’t have a ton of time, but couldn’t pass up the opportunity. I don’t think the Darkspeed X is the right fit, but I loved the feel of the LinQ Blue shaft. Would probably need the 6F4, but it definitely has me thinking I need to give it a shot if (read when) I get a new Darkspeed driver. So smooth and felt like it was a little easier to hit a fade. Seemed to want to go right easier than left, though that could be the regular flex vs stiff flex. Now I’m itching to go demo the Darkspeed some more and have a little LinQ showdown.

I was able to hit a Darkspeed X with the LinQ Blue 6F3 today. Just a handful of swings, since I didn’t have a ton of time, but couldn’t pass up the opportunity. I don’t think the Darkspeed X is the right fit, but I loved the feel of the LinQ Blue shaft. Would probably need the 6F4, but it definitely has me thinking I need to give it a shot if (read when) I get a new Darkspeed driver. So smooth and felt like it was a little easier to hit a fade. Seemed to want to go right easier than left, though that could be the regular flex vs stiff flex. Now I’m itching to go demo the Darkspeed some more and have a little LinQ showdown.
It's such a good combo. Speed and forgiveness. Once you get a setup dialed in it's gonna be fun.

It's such a good combo. Speed and forgiveness. Once you get a setup dialed in it's gonna be fun.
I’ll probably hit the Darkspeed X one more time, but I think the Darkspeed Max is where it’s at for me. I’ve hit it with the LinQ Red at 10.5 and it’s the only combo that was better than my Aerojet Max. I want to try the DS Max at 12.0 with the LinQ Red and Blue. I want to see the launch and spin numbers between those two. I LOVE the LinQ Red, but with the 12.0 head, the Blue might be the sweet spot. Or it might be the 10.5 with the Red. All I know is I feel like I need a Darkspeed/LinQ combo in the bag.

The elbow issues I've been having lately have been intensifying. I'll be firmly on the JB Biofreeze, Ice and Fresca train real soon.

I did sneak out for 18 holes and while I can't say I saw A LOT of distance I did find a consistent fairway machine today with the Blue 6TX. I was engaging lower body more and by doing so was having a much easier time getting through the ball and making square contact.

Saw a lot of fairways today and consistently straight ba flight. Once I get on the range and work on this some more I'm gonna see some good drives.

1000014303.png

The elbow issues I've been having lately have been intensifying. I'll be firmly on the JB Biofreeze, Ice and Fresca train real soon.

I did sneak out for 18 holes and while I can't say I saw A LOT of distance I did find a consistent fairway machine today with the Blue 6TX. I was engaging lower body more and by doing so was having a much easier time getting through the ball and making square contact.

Saw a lot of fairways today and consistently straight ba flight. Once I get on the range and work on this some more I'm gonna see some good drives.

View attachment 9264921

So @Nappy what do you attribute your success with this shaft too? Is it a timing thing, ability to control club face, etc? I’m interested in your experiences here.

So @Nappy what do you attribute your success with this shaft too? Is it a timing thing, ability to control club face, etc? I’m interested in your experiences here.
Appreciate the question.

First thing with the 6TX. It's obviously stiffer in the tip. I think it pairs really well with the Darkspeed X head. I can sort of feel the head more through the swing then I could before. That helps with control and making center contact more often.

The head is fast and forgiving so I'm able to get through the ball easier, plus the combination of some swing adjustments that Danny helped with. Lower torque in the Blue as compared to a white or black so that helps too.

I don't feel like I have to time the shaft all that much. I just need to hone in my mechanics and let the club do the work.

Last few times out I've been focusing on engaging my legs more. Tried doing it for power but it seems to really be helping me get through the ball easier than before.

Hopefully that helps.

Appreciate the question.

First thing with the 6TX. It's obviously stiffer in the tip. I think it pairs really well with the Darkspeed X head. I can sort of feel the head more through the swing then I could before. That helps with control and making center contact more often.

The head is fast and forgiving so I'm able to get through the ball easier, plus the combination of some swing adjustments that Danny helped with. Lower torque in the Blue as compared to a white or black so that helps too.

I don't feel like I have to time the shaft all that much. I just need to hone in my mechanics and let the club do the work.

Last few times out I've been focusing on engaging my legs more. Tried doing it for power but it seems to really be helping me get through the ball easier than before.

Hopefully that helps.

It does. Thanks for sharing! Do you think that swing weight is different? When you say 6TX. Is that a 6F5? Glad you’ve found something that is working!

It does. Thanks for sharing! Do you think that swing weight is different? When you say 6TX. Is that a 6F5? Glad you’ve found something that is working!
So my LinQ Blue is the Japanese version so it's 6TX. The US version is the 6F5. Danny said mine was lower torque and a stiffer tip compared to the 6F5.

I'm 99% sure the swing weight is different compared to my old LinQ White but I'm honestly not sure what those differences are. It's feels a lot more stable throughout.

So my LinQ Blue is the Japanese version so it's 6TX. The US version is the 6F5. Danny said mine was lower torque and a stiffer tip compared to the 6F5.

I'm 99% sure the swing weight is different compared to my old LinQ White but I'm honestly not sure what those differences are. It's feels a lot more stable throughout.

That’s awesome! I didn’t realize yours was from Japan!

That’s awesome! I didn’t realize yours was from Japan!
Yeah it was pretty cool to get fit for something kinda rare.

Hit some absolute bombs today with the LinQ M40X Blue in the Ai Smoke Max. I’m launching the ball higher and I feel like I have control over the ball flight. Shaft just feels stable and I’m liking what I’m seeing!

Hit some absolute bombs today with the LinQ M40X Blue in the Ai Smoke Max. I’m launching the ball higher and I feel like I have control over the ball flight. Shaft just feels stable and I’m liking what I’m seeing!
Control over ball flight? What's that like? Sounds like a dream.

Happy Episode 1 GIF by Portlandia

Control over ball flight? What's that like? Sounds like a dream.

Happy Episode 1 GIF by Portlandia
I think it comes down to both the driver and the shaft in play, but feel this is the right pairing. The last three weeks I’ve had the pairing I’m seeing consistent ball flight that is resulting in more fairways. I’m almost tempted to put an adapter on the fairway wood shaft I received from my Grandaddy team.

Back