Tour Event 2024 LIV Singapore Sentosa GC 5/2 - 5/5

Hacker67

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Primetime Golf
Signapore.jpegrd 1.jpeg

A perfect pairing schedule. Camp out on hole 1, and head home after group 6 roles through, and honestly, I could go home after the third group and fell I got my moneys worth.

Beautiful part of the world , very expensive and exclusive to play on.
But pristine condition

Watching uninterrupted coverage at twilight here on the west coast is pretty sweet.

Singapore looking very nice. 👍

Koepka golfing his ball.

AK out there holding his own.

Beautiful part of the world , very expensive and exclusive to play on.
But pristine condition

Singapore is great. The atmosphere and food is great, but it is hot, hot, hot. Around 90 degrees with high humidity. They say the real feel is like 100. It would be difficult to play competitive golf in that kind of heat. I live in California and can handle dry 90s with low humidity and do a lot of physical activity no problem. However, when I am in Asia and it is in the 90s with the high humidity it is tough to do anything physically active.

Singapore is great. The atmosphere and food is great, but it is hot, hot, hot. Around 90 degrees with high humidity. They say the real feel is like 100. It would be difficult to play competitive golf in that kind of heat. I live in California and can handle dry 90s with low humidity and do a lot of physical activity no problem. However, when I am in Asia and it is in the 90s with the high humidity it is tough to do anything physically active.
We spent 10 days there , just in the edge of the wet season , Fully agree with your description we how good is . And for a country 40 x16 km it isn’t very big at all .

We walked everywhere , but also spent lots of time drinking fluid that helped heaps . It’s a country of amazing foods and tastes and diverse in many ways and in others not so much … But we would go again

AK with a good first round at -2 with leader at -6

Munoz with the solo lead after round 1. Will probably get to watch a lot more tomorrow since I am now home from Oregon.

I love Dom but asking DJ if he is close is laughable when he is 2 behind the leader, overall ranked 7th with a win in Las Vegas this year.

DJ was looking at him like WTF Dom!

Although I did like Dom's story of being in the lead on the final day of the Singapore Open and he had no umbrella, one glove and had 5 OB's 😂

I guess umbrellas and gloves are a must in Singapore and also staying inbounds. 😂

Impressive they finished in 4 1/2 hours in that heat and you would think the humidity would slow down the greens but I saw a lot of putts fly by the hole.

We spent 10 days there , just in the edge of the wet season , Fully agree with your description we how good is . And for a country 40 x16 km it isn’t very big at all .

We walked everywhere , but also spent lots of time drinking fluid that helped heaps . It’s a country of amazing foods and tastes and diverse in many ways and in others not so much … But we would go again
Ever since the movie "Crazy Asians" my wife and I have wanted to visit Singapore.
We have cruise book in March 2026 that starts in Singapore so we are going in a couple of days earlier to see the sights.

AK with a good first round at -2 with leader at -6
He tends to struggle in the second and third round. I need to remember this is on tonight.

Weather delay. Haven't caught when they're intending to start.

It is a really good tournament to watch. The Sentosa Serapong course design looks really tricky and tough mainly because the narrow fairways with trouble. Hole 13 looks like a great hole that is really smothering the pros because of the narrowing fairway the further off the tee. Their second shots are longer than their tee shots. 😅 Brilliant. More pro courses should use design features like this to test the pros. It is good to see pros hitting some longer irons into par 4 greens because they are usually just hitting driver then LW, SW, GW, or PW into greens all the time.

Last edited:
As predicted AK shoots 4 over to fall back. Expecting more of the same tonight.

As predicted AK shoots 4 over to fall back. Expecting more of the same tonight.
Yeah it's almost like he went 12 years without touching a club.

Surely after 3 events he should be on top of the leaderboard chasing Brooks down.
:rolleyes:

Pieters is looking like he needs an assistant with a stash of dry shirts to change into, a la Tiger.

Hatton has some serious swamp ass going on.

Yeah it's almost like he went 12 years without touching a club.

Surely after 3 events he should be on top of the leaderboard chasing Brooks down.
:rolleyes:
He’s had more than 3 events. Does that remove the eye roll and make it ok to talk about his game in current form?

Back