Wilson Staff Model Collection Putters

Clay is a legend. To this day. He’s still an innovator and if you want a classic high end milled putter shape, he’s a BRILLIANT one to collab with. He shouldn’t be sold short.

And to add, Wilson is the one who should imo be shamed for not saying ANYTHING anywhere about Clay. That, is a miss.
I talked about this very thing on WGP yesterday.

I talked about this very thing on WGP yesterday.
Yessir! Props given in the WGP thread too. I honest to goodness shouted “YES!” when you brought it up.

Yessir! Props given in the WGP thread too. I honest to goodness shouted “YES!” when you brought it up.
I just didn’t understand it. If it’s not designed to keep quiet, if it influences even a small amount of people to embrace a new release, it seems worth it.

I just didn’t understand it. If it’s not designed to keep quiet, if it influences even a small amount of people to embrace a new release, it seems worth it.
This is why I’m so…confused….about it. It’s easy for them to mention Clay, SUPER easy.

It’s a great feeling putter but dang these are squirrelly.

59C22BA1-7E16-4E30-A6E8-AB00B9F08531.jpeg7DF7724A-B736-44F8-BC79-EFA03AAFE37A.jpeg

This looks incredible in hand.

That fact makes this release even more frustrating.

C4509FEB-B585-4C6E-BD0C-3CC17126675F.jpeg32EE0A89-A9C5-414F-8EF8-1232C3EEDF48.jpeg1F45F938-3FF9-436E-8AFC-051234035BB9.jpeg1141B41A-1AD3-45E2-B698-13488E08335B.jpeg74035BA4-6CBB-49C5-8ADB-96499E275BBB.jpeg91D16395-28B6-4AB6-8F15-DB0722A35E65.jpeg

That looks amazing
I was interested in trying the 8802, but they only make it for RH, plus already out of stock
Both the BL22 and the TM22 are out of stock in the Pre-sale for LH. For how little they have been marketing, they seem to be selling pretty well?

They are nice. But I honestly couldn’t get myself to spend 350 for one.. I admit the bias.
I get that, but that’s a perception bias issue more than quality. These are shockingly premium, I’m honestly impressed, but that makes the messaging and marketing all the more confusing.

I get that, but that’s a perception bias issue more than quality. These are shockingly premium, I’m honestly impressed, but that makes the messaging and marketing all the more confusing.
Absolutely and I can freely admit that.

The aesthetics of these are super good. I will definitely roll a few putts with them.

I have always loved the 8802 style but know the benefits of other models. The BL22 has the soft lines I prefer and the TM22 is something everyone is trying copy throughout the industry.

They are nice. But I honestly couldn’t get myself to spend 350 for one.. I admit the bias.

I don’t blame you. There are maybe double digit putter brands that would get a chance first, right?

Even Cobra has Sik for the premium stuff. I am not going to dog them for a steel shaft because Nardi, SC, and others use them so if it works it works.

Saying that Tulon, Odyssey, Sik, LA Golf, even PXG have premium putter shafts so I get where they are coming from.
I still have such a problem with reading the words “premium” and “putter shaft” in the same sentence…. It just doesn’t compute to me.

@Jman any thought of putting a BGT Stability shaft in one?

I still have such a problem with reading the words “premium” and “putter shaft” in the same sentence…. It just doesn’t compute to me.
It’s a very real thing though

For putters in general, or fully milled putters. Different categories imo.
I am not married to either category so have been going with whatever works best.

I am not married to either category so have been going with whatever works best.
I get that on a personal level, but it’s part of the whole equation here with the decision to put out a premium milled putter.

I have two issues with this release.

1) I don’t understand the why. They’re clearly trying to get a piece of what the likes of Mizuno has claimed, but, I think Mizuno struck perfectly there from timing, quality, price, and niche (blue finish in the line).

2) Having it in hand now, this is an exceptionally good milled putter, and that irritates me. Why? The material they’re using has a unique story, which they aren’t telling. Clay along designed these shapes, a legend, and they aren’t telling that story either. They make a truly good, frankly badass, product and just whiff on the rest of the aspects of a release.

I get that on a personal level, but it’s part of the whole equation here with the decision to put out a premium milled putter.

1) I don’t understand the why. They’re clearly trying to get a piece of what the likes of Mizuno has claimed, but, I think Mizuno struck perfectly there from timing, quality, price, and niche (blue finish in the line).

2) Having it in hand now, this is an exceptionally good milled putter, and that irritates me. Why? The material they’re using has a unique story, which they aren’t telling. Clay along designed these shapes, a legend, and they aren’t telling that story either. They make a truly good, frankly badass, product and just whiff on the rest of the aspects of a release.

Isn’t that kind of par for the course for wilson? What the heck are they doing?

Are Wilson trying to play in the deep waters with the likes SC and Odyssey, or are they just trying to offer something special to their die hards who are going to gobble these up?

Back