What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Got my 18 holes in on the links par 3 this morning nice and early. Polo shirt weather for the first time this year.

Played the Chrome Tour for the first time. Loved the flight, and feel - need a little more time with it but really happy. Putting OK but I left more short than I wanted - draining anything under 5ft though with the AI Cruiser despite changing the ball. Could have had a few more pars if I had been braver from a distance - not sure if it was the ball or the greens being much slower than my last visit.

Spent about 30 minutes on the range, and then played 9. Decided to go back to my old ways and stand a little further away from the ball (instructor had asked me to stand closer to the ball the last 2 lessons), and I was actually hitting the center of the clubface. Just amazed at the difference. We'll see what a different instructor says tomorrow.

Did some testing on the LM.

Walked 18 this morning, THP'd.

Well, after my lesson last Saturday, I was thinking with a little more practice, that I would maybe play nine holes at the par 3 that is sort of close by. I mean that is what my last lesson consisted of: short swing, pitch shots. Practiced all the mechanics and things the instructor showed me. Hitting balls into the net for a good half hour, maybe more. It was a circus of epic size. I had crap going on, some worse, than even before my lesson. I had all the steps rehearsed, but the whiffs, the chunky fat shots, the shots headed right, etc. was like a horror movie. Heck, I even hit a few under the net, and the bottom of it is draped on the ground. I will say I was not using the same wedge that I used during my lesson. I used my Wilson D9 pitching wedge during my lesson. My daughter bought me a Wilson Harmonized 56*/12 bounce wedge for Father's Day last year. I decided to use that because I hadn't in awhile. That can't be the reason, could it? Especially for a beginner.

Practice on the range this afternoon. Was upper 80s and hot but got a lot done.
IMG_8647.jpeg

Did some data collection on my LM comparing gamer ball and Mizuno RB Tour X

Shot 80 in 3:20 this morning.
came home and called Callaway to make an exchange and find out why my hybrid didn’t ship in time for my trip to Scotland.
Then I put my mark on a dozen balls for the trip.

Played 18 after work yesterday at a tough track and plan to hit the range on the drive home today!

Range at lunch to work on things. Successful for the most part

Hit the range at lunch time...tournament prep for next week. 2 day tournament with my partner for the RIGA 4 ball!

Shameless plug: if you want to follow along my Road to the Victory Cup (with all tournament rounds previews and breakdowns) link in my signature!

VA clinic gave a new knee brace yesterday. It helps to alleviate some of the pain when swinging. More stability, less twisting in the knee through the swing

So with that, I hit 56, full swing 7 iron shots this morning. Started out slow, hitting the 90 yard mark. Finished up in the 120 yard range. Both, horizontal, and vertical dispersions were pretty good. Except for 8 balls, everything else was 10+/- feet either way of my aim line to a distant palm tree. .

After that it was some shots off the 4 uneven lies, up to 50 yards.

I will probably go back this evening for more practice. Maybe play 9 holes.

Lesson today with different instructor. Interesting to get a different perspective. The last thing the instructor at my club wanted me to do was stand closer to the ball and have a more neutral grip. Results from this have been disastrous (shank after shank on the range - nothing but heel strikes on the course). This instructor (who I worked with 8 years ago) disagreed and went back to standing a little further away from the ball. And then said go back to my old grip (strong). Launch monitor numbers numbers were darn near perfect with the stronger grip.

So there it is. Just sucks that the first month of the season was a total wash and played some horrible golf. I still have another lesson with the instructor at my club, so maybe I'll just use it for short game or something.

9 holes in first thing this morning before meetings started for the day.......had a good round which makes 2 in a row......

Came home and in between meetings hit the putting mat and chipping mat outside my office downstairs.......that mat is single handedly responsible for my improvement on the greens and around the greens this year. Best Christmas present ever from my wife.....who plays with me, so she knew I needed it.....

Skillest zoom lesson, focusing on driver downswing and follow through. Good progress tonight. Have to learn to trust the release with the new swing won't go left like it would have with my old swing. Hit some good ones.

Driving range after work as my driver was off the other night

Well, I did this late last night. I contacted every golf instructor within 1 hour 15 minutes from me from all four directions. I called the instructor that I went to second last year behind the first guy that didn't help a thing. Talked to him this evening and we discussed the bad stuff I am seeing in my swing (if you want to call it a swing), my equipment, my good points, etc. and getting ready to book a lesson now. Looked at my Trackman numbers from the visit last year with this instructor.

Hit the practice green for an hour and played 18 holes with a regular golf buddy at 11:15 am. We had lot’s of rain from 5:00am until we teed off so nobody was on the course in front of us. 2:30 round walking with a 10 minute stop at the turn for a hot dog in the bar. The course was soft but it was a fun round and we only had very light rain for a few holes. When we got in, the pro shop told us only 9 others were on the course.

Short game session at lunch time...getting tuned up for a tournament next week!

Got to the range this afternoon - first time in a couple of weeks to let my knees recover.

Nice warm up with my 52, and then 7i. Then really pleased with the distance and dispersion I'm now getting with my 3W and 7W - although it took me 3-4 hits to get the 7W warmed up, it is still a very new club to me. Doing exactly what I wanted from it - same distance as my 3H but dropping in at 42+ descent angle.

Some improvements coming in my driver, as some of my setup and swing thoughts start to bed in and I'm now able to get the final ones in the puzzle into my brain which was previously overloaded. Great ball speed and distance whilst I was still fresh and then it tailed off so finished off with a bit of closest to the pin.

Played golf for the 3rd consecutive day, something I’ve done only once since last October(15 rounds total since October 27th). My flexibility is coming back and so is the feel for my swing. I left some shots out there but at age 59 I‘m super excited that I played pain free and it felt good to be able to make a full shoulder turn for the first time in 6 months. :) I had a fun end to the round almost reaching the 525 yard 18th green in two and left my 45’ chip shot just an inch right of the cup for an easy birdie.

Played 18 with my son on the LPGA Hill’s course and then putting with my daughter tonight. She just got new US Kids golf set as she outgrew her old ones. Trying to keep everyone happy.

FullSizeRender.jpegFullSizeRender.jpeg

Back